ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RETURN DOCUMENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CHEEKY MONKEY
Newly Registered

RETURN DOCUMENT

Post by CHEEKY MONKEY » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 am

I have sent letter for ask return my passport about 2 weeks ago, never heard from them and tried phone them only got answer machine.don't seems anybody answer telephone now. anybody have asked passport back recently(septembe,October)? Thanks

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:06 pm

i would try ringing again. maybe you didn't select the right option. when i called there was an option for requesting return of original docs. though i didn't request my documents back at the time, i only called to inquire about the process and did manage to speak to someone who was willing to put in the request for me on the phone. i was told it would take 10 working days for the docs to be with me.

when did you make your citizenship application? i had made my application 10 July and was thinking of requesting my passport back end september if i didnt rcv approval by then but luckily i rcvd my approval letter 24 september so didn't have to bother.

CHEEKY MONKEY
Newly Registered

Post by CHEEKY MONKEY » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm

I have only applied on 14/09/2012. YOu must be phoned them earlier than me. I have phone them more than 5 times, choose the all selections all they said is go online check the details. I have no way to speak to anybody. I have requested online form now. hopefully they can return as soon as. just annoy as no way ccan contact them. Thank you for you information and help. they seems deal cases quicker. hope I can get approved quicker too.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:12 pm

which number did you call?

CHEEKY MONKEY
Newly Registered

Post by CHEEKY MONKEY » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

08450105200 THIS IS THE NUMBER ON MY ACKNOWLEDGE LETTER. THANKS

Roney
Newly Registered

Post by Roney » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm

I have been through the same. They have now changed the phone options. I called them last week there was option for return of document through which you could speak to someone, just 5-6 days back they have changed the phone line options, now everything is voiced and you need to do it via website, even for return of documents.
Also previously return of document was carried out during 10 days, now they have changed it to 20Days and that is 20 working days.
I am so dissapointed, I have posted request for return of document prior to the change via postal service, I havent recieved anything yet.
I have also now made request according to their new process, but nothing has come through. I wouldnt be suprise if it doesnt come through before 20 working days.
I still don't understand why they have taken off option for speak to someone over the phone.

CHEEKY MONKEY
Newly Registered

Post by CHEEKY MONKEY » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Roney: when was you first time request document back via post? I have written to them on 26th September. Haven't heard from them at all, I also notice they even changed website as i can't find the page said contact team and post request. It's not fair as I have sent prepaid special delivery. hope they send back ASAP as been long time and if they really changed system should write to us let we know. oh my god.

kittste
Newly Registered

Post by kittste » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm

I have been trying to get documents returned. Don't write a letter. The helpline told me that is not the way to do it. You MUST use downloadable form in the webpage below: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

Then you must EMAIL it to RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (stated on the form).