ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One quick question about change of employer Tier2(General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

One quick question about change of employer Tier2(General)

Post by ukbatier2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Guys,
I did some research on this forum but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so have one quick question and I appreciate your response very much.

I'm currently holding Tier 2 (General) and going to change current employer/sponsor with new one.

Here is my question:
Suppose my new sponsor assigned me with new CoS, I submitted an application but UKBA refused to issue visa with new sponsor for some reason, will my previous Tier2 with current sponsor remain and will I be able to continue working with current sponsor(assuming that I'm not informing them about leaving until I get my new Tier 2 visa with new sponsor) or this is not possible?

Thanks in advance for your answers

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:45 pm

dont u have to give a 1 month's notice??

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

arsenal49 wrote:dont u have to give a 1 month's notice??
Yes I'll give and will stay for another 1 month with current employer after getting visa

how about my main question, do you know is it possible?

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Anyone? Do I automatically loose old visa with current sponsor, even if UKBA refuse to give new one with new sponsor?
Thanks

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

i think so. but i m no expert on this. i m also trying to get into a new job. but, i think it will be safe to wait till the new employer gave u the sponsorship certificate number. u apply with that number and i dont see any reason why such applicant would fail. :roll: of course all those requirements they have should be met.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: One quick question about change of employer Tier2(Genera

Post by manci » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 pm

ukbatier2 wrote:I'm currently holding Tier 2 (General) and going to change current employer/sponsor with new one.

Here is my question:
Suppose my new sponsor assigned me with new CoS, I submitted an application but UKBA refused to issue visa with new sponsor for some reason, will my previous Tier2 with current sponsor remain and will I be able to continue working with current sponsor(assuming that I'm not informing them about leaving until I get my new Tier 2 visa with new sponsor) YES. Your new grant of leave application could be refused for a variety of reasons, e.g. job NQF level, nsufficient salary, etc. but this will not affect your current leave

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:41 am

mm0909
manci
Thank you very much guys[/b]

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Does anyone know the approximate processing time for changing the sponsor app for Tier2 General? My guess is that it should take less than original Tier2 app because I have biometrics card already
Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:31 pm

ukbatier2 wrote:Does anyone know the approximate processing time for changing the sponsor app for Tier2 General? My guess is that it should take less than original Tier2 app because I have biometrics card already
Thanks
Same time. You will have to submit your BRP with your app and enroll biometrics again and get a new BRP. It's basically like a new Tier 2 application except you don't have to prove maintenance...

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:51 pm

physicskate wrote:
ukbatier2 wrote:Does anyone know the approximate processing time for changing the sponsor app for Tier2 General? My guess is that it should take less than original Tier2 app because I have biometrics card already
Thanks
Same time. You will have to submit your BRP with your app and enroll biometrics again and get a new BRP. It's basically like a new Tier 2 application except you don't have to prove maintenance...
Thank you very much