ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Residence Permit - Working in France for more than 6 mths

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samhsmp
Newly Registered

UK Residence Permit - Working in France for more than 6 mths

Post by samhsmp » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 am

Hi

Got my Residence Permit last month (Sep'12). My employer wants to send me to their French Client on a long term assignment (approx 12 months.) My question is :
1. Can I work on Schengen Visa and keep getting the same extended every 3 months?
2. If I have to apply for a French Work Permit - would this hamper my chances of getting a British Citizenship next year. I am thinking that this would definitely hamper my chances, but thought of getting this information validated.

Cheers
Sam

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 am

Check if the "salarié en mission" card would be applicable (no clue about that, just googled it). There may also be the "van der Elst" visa but I do not know if France has implemented it and if so what restrictions would apply. Otherwise you will probably need a separate residence permit. If by "Schengen visa" you mean a type C visa then, no, you can't work on that. It also wouldn't be extended except in emergency situations. Best to contact the French embassy.

For naturalisation read e.g.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/