ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ombudsman

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ket

Post by Ket » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey Joejo. Mid October is not far. Fingers crossed that we get what we want. God is great and he is with us.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:59 pm

[quote="Joejo"]Hi guys

I just recieved a letter today from the UKBA requesting for further information as
I have a UK born dependant. In order for them to consider my case with evidence.

1. Is your client in any relationship with his daughter.
2. Original full birth cert of my daughter.
3.Does your client have any contact with the daughter, how often and what level of contact.
4.Who is the main carer for my daughter.
5.Who has full custody of my daughter.
6.I should provide further details and evidence of my family life in the UK and specifically relationship with my daughter.

7. Evidence of cohabitation.

Now all that is being asked was sent in the bundle before we went to court in May where the appeal was allowed and remitted for consideration under section 55. Does that mean that the caseworker has not got that imformation?. We have never cohibited,my daughter leaves in the midlands and i leave in London,i speak to her regularly and go to see her often to spend time with her during term time and holidays.

Helllo again

UKBA has asked me again for futher information regarding my relationship with my daughter. i thought i had provided everything to my best can any one with knowelege of this help me to understand what they really need in regards ASAP

Thanks

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 pm

did you provide a letter from your daughters mum and letter from her family to say you are in regular contact with her.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:52 pm

[quote="net5"]did you provide a letter from your daughters mum and letter from her family to say you are in regular contact with her.[/quote]

Hi net5

Yeah i did provide a letter from my Daughters mom, emails, fotos, email from my daughter school but not letter from her family as she doesn't leave with them as they are in another city. However i did from my family and freinds/ Church.

net5

Post by net5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

what did your solicitor say?

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 am

Hi guys

UKBA asked for this further info.
1.Provide evidence of how often i visit my daughter.
2.from what date i started visiting her.
3.What contributions i make to her welfare and development.
4.How often i make such contributions.

Any suggestions be helpful. she lives in the midlands and we seperated with her mom.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi Guys

as my previous posts,the UKBA requested for all the info and i submitted all as rquested.Its been 6wks since.The Ombudsman and MP contacted them for an update last week of November as they had anticipated that they will make a decision by xmas. Update..., now they have contacted the Ombudsman saying that thy have made the decision and sent it to the Solicitors. So anxieous but proved all regarding section 55 and article 8. Wat should i really expect in the post regarding my case.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi guys I recieved a refusal today after providing all the evidence and supporting letters from family,friends,church and letter from my ex partner all stating my relationship with my daughter as of wat thy asked in my posts above.They accept that I have been in my daughters life since birth and accept tht me and my ex have kept a mutual understanding in the best interest of our daughter but they say no evidence of court order or right to access.asked family solicitors today who say that with two parties on a mutual understanding family court wd not give a court order or access rights. All my family live in the UK with BC.gat no family bk home bt thy say tht for the 11yrs I have established a family n private life but thy don't accept it,my daughter is now 7yrs and BC.I see her every month and stay wit her for two days and a nite.I take her to skool while there or pick her,support her financially with the help of friends and family .all this evidence and stsments was provided based on my daughter.and wat thy requested.thy have given me appeal rights again thou thy didn't turn up the last time.the judge asked them to reconsider sec 55 Ukba act.Wat advice can forum members please give gat 10wrkin days.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 am

Hello guys

Iam sure someone can advice pliz,

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am

Can some one please tell me evidence of what level of dependency UKBA require between a parent and adult child, adult brother and siblings can have beyond normal emotional ties other than finances.
thanks.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey guys

Good news ma appeal was allowed under the new rules for leave as parent of a child in the uk and human rights Article 8. It was dated the 4/03/2013. So I rang court today and they told me the deadline for HO passed yesterday. Am so happy but wondering wat sort of leave gan get. Thanks for all ya in put.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:00 am

Qn.

If the court finds that my case should have succeeded under family life as parent of British child in the Uk after the appeal, does the HO implement my leave under that catergory. Or Article 8?.

Al Haqq

What can I do

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi all,
I have been following a lot of threads in this forum, At the moment I am in a situation similar to some members.
This my story,
I came to UK in 2004 student Visa; I got a post Study work which was valid until 24th March 2012. I applied for Tier 4 before this leave expired and I was refused due to the incompetence of whoever treated my case, I was given a right of appeal, however in the month of the appeal my solicitor advised me to withdraw the appeal and apply for a new category FLR (O), I did but conversation with friends made me realize that it was the appeal that is covering me as a legal immigrant therefore I wrote another letter asking UK BA to disregard the first that I wish to proceed with my appeal.
The date of the first letter was 23rd Aug and the second letter was 26th, the hearing was 31 of same month. I remember speaking with the IAC who confirmed that the appeal would take place.
My appeal was allowed, however I did not receive any acknowledgement from UKBA for either of my letters. Until November 9th when I received a letter stating that I have cancelled my application that I submitted in March. Advice from my solicitor said that was weird and it does not make any sense. I just ignored the letter, After receiving the appeal I made another application under FLR (O), February I was stopped from working, On investigating and with help from my MP, I discovered the UKBA has recorded my application as withdrawn and that I have no legal stay since March last year.
To summarise, I have just received a NOTICE OF DECISION for my last application stating that I have been refused and I have no right of appeal, I should call a certain number to discuss my departure etc.
Please help, the case workers note agreed that we have established a family life but her discretion is that my son who is 8 years + would adapt in any country, my son has only spent about 15 days out of this country and we had to come back that quick because he could not cope, she further stated that the other two who were 8 and 5 (now 16 and 13) when they came to this country would also be able to adapt again in any country. I am a single mum
Kindly advice on this letter please, what other options have.
APOLOGIES for the long description, thanks for taking time to read this

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey guys
Got my letter inviting me to enrol for my biometric on the 26th of April 2013. I then enrolled the next day on 27th. Can someone pliz tell me what is goin to happen next, after an allowed appeal and biometric enrolment:-)

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Wed May 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey guys

Well I have been doing abit of research about " no recourse to public funds".point being that if you are granted leave to remain, of either 30 months or 60 months route to settlement,with no recourse to public funds and you want to study but need to apply for a student loan, having lived in the Uk for 3yrs. Some say that you will not be eligible for funding and will be charged international fees. But then found out that student loan are not public funds, with a route to settlement kinda of leave I think that you can acess that service depending on your circumstance. As you may read below got this on the local councils webpage. Most especially the last paragraph says it all.

No recourse to public funds means you are subject to immigration controls and have no automatic right to receive financial assistance from the state – for example, with welfare benefits or public housing.

If one of the four categories below applies to you then you may have no recourse to public funds:

A You, or any dependents, have been granted refugee status by another EEA State (an EEA State is any country in the European Economic Area)

A You are a EEA national or a EEA national dependent who are not exercising a treaty right

A You are a failed asylum seeker, or a dependent, who has failed to comply with removal directions

A You are unlawfully present in the United Kingdom

If you are permitted to work while in the UK and are paying National
Insurance, you may be entitled to some of the following benefits:

A Contribution based job seeker’s allowance A Incapacity benefit

A Widow’s benefit and bereavement allowance A Guardian allowance

A Statutory maternity and paternity pay

Healthcare and education also do not count as public funds so you should have access to these services. Your immigration status may affect whether you are eligible for free secondary healthcare.

So what do you guys think.

Joejo

Post by Joejo » Sat May 11, 2013 2:39 am

Hi guys

Well my hard work has paid off, gat my BRP card today with 30mnths leave on the parent of British child 5yr route. Ope ya'l waitin get yaz soon :-)