ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk eea2 visa necessary?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

uk eea2 visa necessary?

Post by MarksGrace » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 am

Hi I am currently waiting for my EEA2 residence card as unmarried partner of an Irish citizen. We have a son who has an Irish passport... I just want to know if I would need to apply for a visit visa to Ireland (going to Cork) if I already hold a valid uk eea2 residence card.

I've been to Ireland several times and the last time I applied for a visa I was so stressed coz I was told by the lady at the embassy in London that having a son doesn't make our relationship durable... (Jut venting out...)

Malika

Re: uk eea2 visa necessary?

Post by Malika » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm

MarksGrace wrote:Hi I am currently waiting for my EEA2 residence card as unmarried partner of an Irish citizen. We have a son who has an Irish passport... I just want to know if I would need to apply for a visit visa to Ireland (going to Cork) if I already hold a valid uk eea2 residence card.
Are you a visa-required national? If you are then yes, you need a visa.
I've been to Ireland several times and the last time I applied for a visa I was so stressed coz I was told by the lady at the embassy in London that having a son doesn't make our relationship durable... (Jut venting out...)

Please read this link, you might get some info:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=118073
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 pm

No visa required if in possession of a valid residence card.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.