ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahshah

Loss of my beloved brother

Post by shahshah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks every one.... and thank for suggestion , i email our Mp and wrote all the situation and left my number there.
with in 5 mintues he rang me. and told me that he will try my best ro get my passport without effecting my application.
thanks once again , every one.
it a big loss for me, more then anything

let_koko

Re: emergency

Post by let_koko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 pm

shahshah wrote:My brother has passed away today, and i ring ukba, and i told them its nearly 6 months so plz let me knw as i am da only one who is responible for funeral..
The answer i got... that no one has touch ur case yet so if i need to travel , i have to withdrae my documents....... that was answer i got. So am considering to withdrw . Please friend help me and suggest....
[/quote]

So sad to hear about the loss of your brother, may God grant you and your family the fortitude to bear the great loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Contact your MP with proves and am sure HO will expedite your application.
Its well
Take hearth

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Yup once again its proved that the home office are heartless.

@shahshah
Hope the MP will do something about this. My hearty condolences for you and your family my friend.

I have been in this situation before and I can understand your pain.

XX

katya_s
Newly Registered

Post by katya_s » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to update my details for skydrive file:

Application sent: 08/10/2012
Invitation for Biometrics dated: 23/11/2012
Invitation for Biometrics received: 24/11/2012
Biometrics enrolled : 26/11/2012

parrukhan
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by parrukhan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello there!!!!!
I would like to share my time line with you all lovely people, though the wait time was so frustrating. one have to have patience to achieve this status. Good luck to everybody.

Application sent: 25/05/2012
Acknowledgment received: 30/05/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 19/07/2012
Biometric Given on: 25/07/2012
ILR Stamped on:23/11/2012
BRP received on: 27/11/201
Awaiting for Passport and other documents :) :) :) :)

dd202
Newly Registered

Large Backlog

Post by dd202 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Dear all, I don't intend to make everyone's wait even more painful but I spoke to someone who works in the parliament & he informed me that the UKBA are facing a huge backlog of cases which have recently come to the attention of the media & the government. Therefore wait times for most cases, straightforward or not, is going to be six months sometimes longer. The UKBA are also under pressure from the government & media for the way they have handled the backlog & complaints, in some cases they have also mislead the MPs. Read these news which came out recently, links below. Anywayz, I am sure you guys are already aware of the troubles facing the UKBA but thought that it might help to know & ease the frustration that the wait has nothing to do with your application, it's just the under-staffed, under-resourced UKBA faced with a mountainous backlog. I am sure you all have nothing to worry about, just be patient and wait, easier said than done I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20536551

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20508412

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Re: emergency

Post by liveinhope » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 pm

shahshah wrote:My brother has passed away today, and i ring ukba, and i told them its nearly 6 months so plz let me knw as i am da only one who is responible for funeral..
The answer i got... that no one has touch ur case yet so if i need to travel , i have to withdrae my documents....... that was answer i got. So am considering to withdrw . Please friend help me and suggest....
[/quote]

Really sorry to hear that Shah ! Everything else sounds so trivial when I heard that ... RIP
God bless all !!

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am

Well guys; it seems everyone here is a pawn on a political chess board! The UKBA refused to answer freedom of information requests for statics up to the end of November, and they are out now on the 29th. The only remarkable thing there is that there has been a reduction in everything, including the number of granted ILR applications- albeit with not much detail. They had to withhold decisions in order to have good numbers for publication. I hope this means they will now start doing processing applications faster.....

sahilkhan1
Newly Registered

Post by sahilkhan1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

hi guys just sharing my details and looking to get a phone number so i can call the UKBA

i have applied on 28/04/2012
money taken 18/05/2012
bio matrix done 18/08/2012

it,s been more then six months now, can anyone please give the correct phone number so i can contact the UKBA

thanks

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm

My time line is:

Application sent: 15/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received dated: 20/08/2012
Biometric letter received 13/11/2012 and done on 14/11/2012

Now awaiting the dreadful wait!

shahshah

waiting

Post by shahshah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 pm

It has been 3rd day since our MP has contacted with the UKBA. but still no reploy from UKBA>

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 pm

TRMs wrote:Well guys; it seems everyone here is a pawn on a political chess board! The UKBA refused to answer freedom of information requests for statics up to the end of November, and they are out now on the 29th. The only remarkable thing there is that there has been a reduction in everything, including the number of granted ILR applications- albeit with not much detail. They had to withhold decisions in order to have good numbers for publication. I hope this means they will now start doing processing applications faster.....
Yes fully agree. The numbers look unusually good for publication, reduction in almost everything. Permission to stay permanently fell by 28%, the lowest in the last 5 years. Most of the reduction, according to the UKBA, can be attributed to lower numbers of grants given on a discretionary basis. The rest of the fall was accounted for by falls in family-related grants and in work-related grants. No mention of fall in no. of grants on the basis of ten years long residence, which I am guessing is good news perhaps. Here is the link to the key facts & figures from the Settlement category

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... nt-q3-2012

To summarize, yes it looks like the UKBA were desperate to reduce the no. of grants, not sure whether to meet targets set by the government or internal targets. It's a possibility that the UKBA might now try to process applications quicker to reduce the backlog that has been caused by the discovery of more legacy asylum applications. Since there was no mention of fall of grants on the 10 years long residence due to policy changes it could be good news for us in this forum. Let's hope for the best guys.

angelsoul
Newly Registered

Post by angelsoul » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:54 pm

sahilkhan1 wrote:hi guys just sharing my details and looking to get a phone number so i can call the UKBA

i have applied on 28/04/2012
money taken 18/05/2012
bio matrix done 18/08/2012

it,s been more then six months now, can anyone please give the correct phone number so i can contact the UKBA

thanks
Hi, I completed 7 months of waiting had contacted ukba twice in this phone number 080706067766,,, with the same answered application hasn't been completed yet and don't have a time line for application who has gone over the 6 months, other words keep waiting God knows until when...

best of luck, let us know what they said to you....

sheford

Re: waiting

Post by sheford » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Feel sorry for you...Inshallah keep faith,patience and pray to Allah...you will get your ILR and passport soon Inshallah..take care..
shahshah wrote:It has been 3rd day since our MP has contacted with the UKBA. but still no reploy from UKBA>

aksi

Wrong Expiry date of visa in application

Post by aksi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi,
I desperately need help.
I applied for ILR in August, still waiting for BIO invite.
Unfortunately today I realised that I put the wrong date(13th Jan instead of 18th Jan) of expiry of visa on page 14 of form section 6.6

What shall I do now?

z18runway

Re: Wrong Expiry date of visa in application

Post by z18runway » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 pm

aksi wrote:Hi,
I desperately need help.
Unfortunately today I realised that I put the wrong date(13th Jan instead of 18th Jan) of expiry of visa on page 14 of form section 6.6

What shall I do now?
You cant do anything now, and this is not going to make any difference on your application

aksi

Post by aksi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 am

z18runway wrote:
I desperately need help.

What shall I do now?
You cant do anything now, and this is not going to make any difference on your application
Is this could be a reason for delay in processing of my application or will it lead to ILR refusal. Though my passport is attached with correct date stamped on it.

Or Is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary relevant to my situation as mentioned on page 44 of this document to accept the application using discretion as application was received more than 3 months ago.

and as on page 46 of above doc "Have all the relevant requirements been complied with?" which I feels is my error falls in and they can apply "Validation Discretion" as mentioned in last column.

or request them to use discretionary powers as mentioned on page 17 of above document as I erroneously put worng date but passport(evidence) with correct date is provided to them.

Please advise if a request to correct it will be accepted or sending a new form with correct date / ammended date be accepted.

Please reply,

Many Thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 am

aksi wrote:
z18runway wrote:
I desperately need help.

What shall I do now?
Is this could be a reason for delay in processing of my application or will it lead to ILR refusal. Though my passport is attached with correct date stamped on it.

Or Is http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary relevant to my situation as mentioned on page 44 of this document to accept the application using discretion as application was received more than 3 months ago.

and as on page 46 of above doc "Have all the relevant requirements been complied with?" which I feels is my error falls in and they can apply "Validation Discretion" as mentioned in last column.

or request them to use discretionary powers as mentioned on page 17 of above document as I erroneously put worng date but passport(evidence) with correct date is provided to them.

Please advise if a request to correct it will be accepted or sending a new form with correct date / ammended date be accepted.

Please reply,

Many Thanks
Your application will be seen in detail after your biometric. So there is no chance of delay because of your mistake, don't panic, but what you can do is write a letter about your mistake on your application quoting ref number which you got from your acknowledgement letter. Filling new application form is not advisable

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

@shahshah

My prayers are with you mate. hope your going to get a response soon

@aksi

don't worry mate. that wouldn't be a reason for your delay. We all had our Bio-invites later than usual timelines. however, your bit more unfortunate than us. keep try calling them.
2ndly they can see that would a genuine mistake getting confused between 3 and 8.

Graceofgod

my time line

Post by Graceofgod » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 am

could someone please update my details into skydrive.

Bio-metric invitation received-01/12/12 dated 26th nov 2012
Bio-metric enrolled- 03/12/12
Thank you

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: my time line

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am

Graceofgod wrote:could someone please update my details into skydrive.

Bio-metric invitation received-01/12/12 dated 26th nov 2012
Bio-metric enrolled- 03/12/12
Thank you
Done!
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SGP2103
Newly Registered

Post by SGP2103 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Hello All,

Quick update on my application..

As you know it got returned as I forgot to tick a few boxes in Section 7.

I've now received my bio invite letter on 1st of December and enrolled today.

Looks like I've delayed my application by 5 weeks because of this but no point stressing now..I'm just glad it's moving forward slowly.

Good luck to all!

Best,

SGP

natisanga

Biometrics

Post by natisanga » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Dear ALl,

I finally received my biometrics letter today ( dated from the 22nd of november). I applied 27/07.

Interestenly, I received two letters (one dated for the 10th of november and the second one for the 22nd). So the first letter was not really lost in the post or anything...most likely they never send it and well i received both at the same time. For those who dont know the story, I rang two weeks ago (on the 21st) enquiring about my application. I was told that the biometrics letter was sent on the 10th but i told them i had not received anything.
At least they were quite quick and really issue the second letter and i got both.

Enrolled the bio info this morning.

Please someone update the spreadsheet.

Thanks

PD: I had a fried that had applied for a visa ( not ILR). A familiy member died and she got her MP to help her with the appication. SHe had applied in July also...they had to send the death certificate, etc... once the MP took her case, there was a delay because she had not received the bio letter..luckily the case worker rang her before returning the documents ( in that case as they can not process the application, they return everything and you loose your fee)... my friend explained she had not received the letter, they sent here one within a week ( with wrong DOB) so again had to wait for another week to get her second letter and a week later (after enroling bio info) she received her passport with visa granted. It took around 3-4 weeks for the whole process ( that icnludes the delay for the bio letter).
I just read that someone is on a similar situation. Hopefully if the bio info is there already it will be much quicker.

Shan77

Need information on entry stamps

Post by Shan77 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:49 pm

I have two UK entry stamps missing (one in May 2003 and the other one is in March 2004) as the immigration officers at heathrow did not stamp the passport when I came back from home after visiting my family.

I have seen some other people had the same issue. With my application i mentioned the arrival and departure stamp dates from home country immigration authority to prove my exit and entry dates to UK. Would this be ok?

If other evidence is required then I can print online bank statements shoiwng transactions that I made to prove my presence in the UK at that time. Since I have already posted my application, should I print those and send to UKBA with a cover letter. Please advice as I am worried.

Thanks.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Need information on entry stamps

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Shan77 wrote:I have two UK entry stamps missing (one in May 2003 and the other one is in March 2004)
This should be Okay coz most people who get into this country for example from Dover wouldn't necessarily get stamped onto their passports.
Shan77 wrote: I can print online bank statements shoiwng transactions that I made to prove my presence in the UK at that time.
This wouldn't prove that you were in this country..As you don't really have to be in this country to use your card...any of your family/friends can use it.
Shan77 wrote: Since I have already posted my application, should I print those and send to UKBA with a cover letter. Please advice as I am worried. Thanks.
I hope you got Entry & Exit stamps in your passport from your Home Country...Which should serve the purpose...However there is no harm in explaining this situation and send a copy of those pages..
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates