ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

makoon
Newly Registered

Applying for Passport

Post by makoon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

1st i would like to thank people behind this forum, been very heplfull through my jeurney to BC.
2nd:
I booked my Citizen Cermeney on the 19th of Dec, and i was thinking to fill the application prior to that date just leave the section requiring the certificate No. to that day, but i found out application has to be completed online (https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport)
and then posted to me to sign and send it back.
I see this unnecessary delays. Is it still possible to get the hard copy from the postoffice and do it.

regards

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:30 pm

The online option has been there for quite some time. You can still get the form from the post office. Make sure the countersignatory date the application on/after your ceremony date as he is required to sign after you have completed filling in the form.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 pm

I got the form from a check and send passport office. you can check the branches that offer this service.

makoon
Newly Registered

Post by makoon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Thank you for the quick replies
I got my application form from the post office and I have a question about the address.
I would prefer to get my passport mailed to my work address as iam there everyday and I might moved there while my application in process.
do you rekon i should give my work address or just add it in section 8 as advised in the guide.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:20 am

makoon wrote:Thank you for the quick replies
I got my application form from the post office and I have a question about the address.
I would prefer to get my passport mailed to my work address as iam there everyday and I might moved there while my application in process.
do you rekon i should give my work address or just add it in section 8 as advised in the guide.
I reckon you can do it. However, you will need to provide a letter on the official letterhead. check Kel's post here