ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:44 am

Khall75 wrote:I'm aslo in waiting. Applied 11 may 2012. The torture is continue....
Hi Khall75,

I applied on 5 April with biometrics completed on 21 April. After a nearly nine month wait, I just received my letter of confirmation. My BRP should come this week. Although I applied from a fiance visa to FLR(M), I think there are some similarities between the ILR and FLR leave to remain application processing times. If it is of any hope for you, it appears that the Sheffield office is getting through April applications and May is on the way. My letter of confirmation is dated 21 December.

Hang in there.
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind if I join you. I will receive my BRP this week as I converted from a fiance visa to FLR(M). After the last hellish nine months we endured, I want to learn all I can about the next stage. Even though I won't be applying for another two years. The letter we received makes it all sound quite easy, but we've discovered that nothing is "easy" with the UKBA.

Best regards

shahshah

FLRM 6 months in pakistan

Post by shahshah » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Dear friend,
As many of u knw i got my ilr on 20th december 2012.
My wife visa is going to expire on 08 feb 2013. But i am been told by ukba that she has to apply with in 28 days after i got visa, which we are going in early january on da same day.
My wife is with me since 2005 and now i got 2 kids as well and we r appling for them as a dependent due to urgency fir travel.
But back in 2009 she has stayed in pakistan for 7 months, and in application it says that whether u have stayed outside uk for 6 months.
My question is does it will effect our application or it will be ok.
Please advise us.
Many thanks.

tapi98
Newly Registered

Form to use fr yur depndent if yur case hasn't been decided

Post by tapi98 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 am

Hie my wife Visa expires on the 26th January 2013,she has been my dependent since 2008.Were are currently on the Post Study Visa.I applied for ILR in July under the 10years rule and still waiting for my case to be decided have done all the biometrics thing early Nov.So I wanted to check which form do I use to apply for my wife visa extension if the case does get a decision by the 20th January.Is it the FLR (M) or FLR (O)
Thanks you

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Form to use fr yur depndent if yur case hasn't been deci

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 am

tapi98 wrote:Hie my wife Visa expires on the 26th January 2013,she has been my dependent since 2008.Were are currently on the Post Study Visa.I applied for ILR in July under the 10years rule and still waiting for my case to be decided have done all the biometrics thing early Nov.So I wanted to check which form do I use to apply for my wife visa extension if the case does get a decision by the 20th January.Is it the FLR (M) or FLR (O)
Thanks you
FLR(M).

If you don't get a decision by 24 Jan, send her FLR(M) application to HO, with a cover note. It will be linked to your ILR application.

Once you get ILR, she'll be issued spouse visa(pending all other relevent immigration requirements are met by her).
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

tapi98
Newly Registered

Post by tapi98 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:20 am

Spidery_thread wrote:
tapi98 wrote:Hie my wife Visa expires on the 26th January 2013,she has been my dependent since 2008.Were are currently on the Post Study Visa.I applied for ILR in July under the 10years rule and still waiting for my case to be decided have done all the biometrics thing early Nov.So I wanted to check which form do I use to apply for my wife visa extension if the case does get a decision by the 20th January.Is it the FLR (M) or FLR (O)
Thanks you
FLR(M).

If you don't get a decision by 24 Jan, send her FLR(M) application to HO, with a cover note. It will be linked to your ILR application.

Once you get ILR, she'll be issued spouse visa(pending all other relevent
immigration requirements are met by her).
Thanks for the info.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks you
Either ways you got to send FLR(M). The only difference is If you get your decision by 26th you can make a PEO appointment otherwise you got to send it by post.

My advise is get ready for both and try to book an appointment for may be 25th or 26th and if you get your ILR by then its well good. In the worst case cancel your appointment and post your wife's application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

tapi98
Newly Registered

Post by tapi98 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Thanks you
Either ways you got to send FLR(M). The only difference is If you get your decision by 26th you can make a PEO appointment otherwise you got to send it by post.

My advise is get ready for both and try to book an appointment for may be 25th or 26th and if you get your ILR by then its well good. In the worst case cancel your appointment and post your wife's application.
Ok let me try to book for an appointment though I doubt if am gona get a slot for the end of January.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

How to book PEO appointment

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am

tapi98 wrote:Ok let me try to book for an appointment though I doubt if am gona get a slot for the end of January.
How to book PEO appointment wrote:Its better use Google chrome to use for booking. why? i dunno !I felt its better than Firefox for this purpose.

STEP 1 - Only for those who trying at midnight. Others can skip to STEP 2.
Time: 11.55 - 11.58
open chrome and open three tabs. do the following steps on two tabs:

1) Log in to UKBA booking page
2) Which service are you applying for?* Select the form you need [set (O) or m or FLR or whatever] from the drop down menu click next.

3) Are you applying using the premium service?* Select "Yes" for the premium service
4)How many dependents did you include on your application?* Select "1 or 2 or ..." from drop down for dependent and click next.

5) I am available from --leave it blank . Then it will show even if they have date for next day. but if you really need to add a date, you can try with any date.
6)I am available until -- Leave it blank. But if you really need to add a date try the date put a date after 44 days or 45 but not before 43 days. Try this link to Calculate days
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html
7) I am available on the following days of the week : All
8) I am available at the following time: Anytime
9) Select up to three convenient locations* pick three you want and *****DON'T CLICK NEXT******

Do the same on another tab or in another browser (could be better. because they may change it again) before 11.58. Open another tab and just go to UKBA website. this tab is just for the purpose of checking website availability. You don't have to log in . If you log in doesn't make any difference.
NOW wait ... don't do any thing till 12.00. When the clock chimes at 12.00, start refresh UKBA website.Yea , that's the third tab. I am pretty sure you will get a message saying website is temporarily unavailable. for some reason, they always down at 12.00.
Keep refreshing, and refreshing, and refreshing........12.02....keep refreshing.....wait! is that the website loading? If the answer is YES go to first OR second tab you made it ready from STEP 1 AND CLICK NEXT.
you are pressing NEXT button the moment after the website is up . So most probably you are going to see a lot of slots. Click anyone of them you need and CLICK NEXT. if you see next page asking for personal details then you are through..not fully though..

STEP 2
But Relax.....you have time for the next step.
In this page you are going to type main applicant's first name, Surname, Date Of Birth . Type the same if you have any dependent. and WAIT................and refresh the third Tab again to see whether the website is still up. If it is still up, Click next.

What happens if you click next straightway?
A) if you are really lucky will go through and the site will display a message that you have booked your appointment. i suggest this only to people with no dependent visa applicants. NO offence mate, you wont have enough time to type all these and click next and the website process it and get back to you with a slot allocation. But if you do, get a euro million straightaway, you might win it.
B) the website will down and whatever you type will lost. You cant go back with <<Back<< Button since October 1st. [may be you can. but it didn't work for me].

So we typed everything about applicants and waiting .Go to third tab we were checking website connection and refresh to see if there is connection. Wait until there is connection again . The moment you see the site loading, click next on first tab [one that you filled with your details] to book a slot. IF there is no connection. wait and keep refresh....it might take a minute or five but please wait until you get that site up.

If you see the site coming back up , go to first tab and click on next to get the slot. If there is some one already does the same, then one who click first gets the slot.
THEN GO TO second tab and click on next. IF you don't get first tab on time, you probably going to see some slots in second tab and do the process in STEP 2.

NB:
1) you most probably get first tab done. But now you know how many of you going to do the same trick after reading this :). If you don't get any slot , please don't type any swearing words here...

2) Some time you will get a mail confirming your slot. but you cant see it in your account. In that case you better book another one or call UKBA to confirm booking. So once you get your slot, please log in to the website and confirm it is in your account. if you cant find your appointment in your account mail to : applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to confirm your appointment.

3) If you have a friend with second pc/Laptop just to refresh UKBA site, YOu dont have to change tabs all the time and it will help to get a slot faster...Just a sugestion!

4) I am just like you with not much knowledge about immigration but may be with a bit Web programming knowledge. So please don't ask me any immigration doubts. If you have any, please try:
Further Info...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ak145m
BANNED

Re: Eventually Aproved

Post by ak145m » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05 pm

MashAllah ak145m, ...
Thanks Spidery_thread and AMH

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I have a problem, I am due to apply ILR Jan 2013, in one occasion i traveled to Germany on schengen visa on 7-10 days trip, but there is no exit/entry stamp (calais to dover entry),

I checked my emails, banks statements, old tickets but no chance of getting any help from those.

I am thinking to put any date from visa approval date to 7 days in Section 6- IMMIGRATION HISTORY . Is that ok ?

Has anyone got idea about this ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

eBorders

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 pm

z18runway wrote:Has anyone got idea about this ?
See if this can be of any help.
Additional Data
ADDITIONAL DATA
The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Skydrives, Templates

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Hello there,

Just wanted to clarify, what you meant by

Biometric letter : completed as part of my previous application
Biometric done : completed as part of my previous application

As a part of ILR application, don't we all need to go through the process even if we have had biometric done before?

Not sure, if I am missing something here.

Please advise.

Thanks,
IM

ak145m wrote:Alhamdulillah my application has been approved. no SAR nothing , just couple of payslips, bank statements, previous and current passport, and a cover letter. no gaps

can someone please update the spreadsheet. Thanks for help from all guys in here and this board has been very helpful

Time-line Update:

Varied Application sent from pending FLRm to ILR : 11 Sept 2012
Application received by HO : 13 Sept 2012
Payment taken on : 14 Sept 2012 (only the remaining fee taken)
Acknowledgement letter Received on : 16 Dec 2012
Docs/Passport received : 24 Dec 2012
BRP Card received : waiting

z18runway

Re: eBorders

Post by z18runway » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
z18runway wrote:Has anyone got idea about this ?
See if this can be of any help.
Additional Data
ADDITIONAL DATA
The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Thanks for the info,
I have sent an email to National Express regarding info, but this is holiday time and planning to apply ILR on Jan 8th, lets see how it goes.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 pm

coolfella wrote:Hello there,

Just wanted to clarify, what you meant by

As a part of ILR application, don't we all need to go through the process even if we have had biometric done before?

Not sure, if I am missing something here.

Please advise.

Thanks,
IM

ak145m wrote:Alhamdulillah my application has been approved. no SAR nothing , just couple of payslips, bank statements, previous and current passport, and a cover letter. no gaps

can someone please update the spreadsheet. Thanks for help from all guys in here and this board has been very helpful

Time-line Update:

Varied Application sent from pending FLRm to ILR : 11 Sept 2012
Application received by HO : 13 Sept 2012
Payment taken on : 14 Sept 2012 (only the remaining fee taken)
Acknowledgement letter Received on : 16 Dec 2012
Docs/Passport received : 24 Dec 2012
BRP Card received : waiting
Attention to detail on the words in bold. Because the decision wasn't made on FLR(M) yet.
Skydrives, Templates

shahshah

Re: FLRM 6 months in pakistan

Post by shahshah » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm

shahshah wrote:Dear friend,
As many of u knw i got my ilr on 20th december 2012.
My wife visa is going to expire on 08 feb 2013. But i am been told by ukba that she has to apply with in 28 days after i got visa, which we are going in early january on da same day.
My wife is with me since 2005 and now i got 2 kids as well and we r appling for them as a dependent due to urgency fir travel.
But back in 2009 she has stayed in pakistan for 7 months, and in application it says that whether u have stayed outside uk for 6 months.
My question is does it will effect our application or it will be ok.
Please advise us.
Many thanks.
Please can some one reploy for my question. i will b very thankful..
many many thanks[/b]

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLRM 6 months in pakistan

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 pm

shahshah wrote:Please can some one reploy for my question. i will b very thankful..many many thanks[/b]
Please refer to this topic and I think you can but please also bear in mind this is almost a year and half old story

Few more posts here
Skydrives, Templates

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Thanks you

Hi applied ILR on basis of 10 year rule still waiting decision, i applied through solicitor , no my wife going to expire in march , if i apply my own her visa on flr (m) any issue will be here, your advice will be highly appreciate,
regards amjad

zak786

3 Days short of 10 Years Long Residence

Post by zak786 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi,

I would have completed 10 Years of Lawful Residence on 20 August 2012. But my current visa Tier 1 General was supposed to expire on 17 August 2012 meaning 3 days short of 10 years. My solicitor advised me to apply for ILR as the qualifying period starts from 28 days to completion of 10 years. So I applied for ILR on 6 August 2012. Now I am hearing from different people that my application will be refused straight away as I would have not completed 10 years of lawful residence without obtaining extension. Now I am really worried what is going to happen. Can anybody advise me on my situation and tell if there is any similar success story. I would be grateful.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi applied ILR on basis of 10 year rule still waiting decision, i applied through solicitor , no my wife going to expire in march , if i apply my own her visa on flr (m) any issue will be here, your advice will be highly appreciate, regards amjad
Since you've applied in October, you have a bleak chance to get your decision by march. But either ways the same thing applies to you.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 3 Days short of 10 Years Long Residence

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

zak786 wrote:Hi,

I would have completed 10 Years of Lawful Residence on 20 August 2012. But my current visa Tier 1 General was supposed to expire on 17 August 2012 meaning 3 days short of 10 years. My solicitor advised me to apply for ILR as the qualifying period starts from 28 days to completion of 10 years. So I applied for ILR on 6 August 2012. Now I am hearing from different people that my application will be refused straight away as I would have not completed 10 years of lawful residence without obtaining extension. Now I am really worried what is going to happen. Can anybody advise me on my situation and tell if there is any similar success story. I would be grateful.
I think you should be fine. One of my friend fell 33 days short and was successful in his application.
Skydrives, Templates

zak786

Post by zak786 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:47 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
zak786 wrote:Hi,

I think you should be fine. One of my friend fell 33 days short and was successful in his application.

Thanks for your opinion. I hope there is no problem

Waiting&expecting
Newly Registered

September Replies

Post by Waiting&expecting » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am

Anyone else from September heard back from the UKBA?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

zak786 wrote:I hope there is no problem
Long Residence @ Page 19 wrote:Applications received 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed
You can grant if an application if it is received 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.
Skydrives, Templates

abisingh
Newly Registered

Post by abisingh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 am

Hi guys
i need your help please
i have applied in June 2012 and just concerned
is it six months from the time we made the application
or is it six monthes from the time we give our biometrics .
please help bit stressed now
god help me