ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cf_firefly

Visa for child of settled person

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Me and my wife have got our ILR last year . We are expecting our baby delivery in India early next year .I understand that when I bring the baby to UK , I need to apply for visa under the category of "child of settled person " and after searching this forum , I have listed below documents which I need to submit to BHC . Can someone please verify and let me know if I am missing any documents :

A. Accommodation Proof
• Rental agreement
• Council Tax Notice
• Utility Bills

B. Employment Proof
• Letter from employer stating Current Salary , Job description and Job type .
• Employment contract .

C. Maintenance and Salary Proof
• 6 Months Bank Statements
• 6 Months Pay slips
• Latest P60 and year before
• Savings Account statement

D. Relationship proof
• Child Birth Certificate
• Parents’ Marriage Certificate – Not sure if this is needed ?

E. Application Forms
• VAF4A Application Form
• VAF4A –Appendix 1 Form

F. Passports and Copies
• Copy of Sponsor’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Copy of Child’s Mother’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Original passport of child

G. Others
• Covering Letter from Sponsor .
• Signed SU07 Form
• Previous letter from Home office for initial HSMP Visa
• Previous Visa Extension letter Under HSMP JR .
• Wife’s Dependent Visa Copy and letter of Visa approval under HSMP JR dependent .
• ILR approval letters for Myself and my wife under HSMP JR .

Photocopies of above documents where ever necessary .

Thanks
Firefly

BALAJI_UK

Re: Visa for child of settled person

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Cf_firefly wrote:Me and my wife have got our ILR last year . We are expecting our baby delivery in India early next year .I understand that when I bring the baby to UK , I need to apply for visa under the category of "child of settled person " and after searching this forum , I have listed below documents which I need to submit to BHC . Can someone please verify and let me know if I am missing any documents :

A. Accommodation Proof
• Rental agreement
• Council Tax Notice
• Utility Bills

B. Employment Proof
• Letter from employer stating Current Salary , Job description and Job type .
• Employment contract .

C. Maintenance and Salary Proof
• 6 Months Bank Statements
• 6 Months Pay slips
• Latest P60 and year before
• Savings Account statement

D. Relationship proof
• Child Birth Certificate
• Parents’ Marriage Certificate – Not sure if this is needed ?

E. Application Forms
• VAF4A Application Form
• VAF4A –Appendix 1 Form

F. Passports and Copies
• Copy of Sponsor’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Copy of Child’s Mother’s passport covering all pages necessary including ILR Visa
• Original passport of child

G. Others
• Covering Letter from Sponsor .
• Signed SU07 Form
• Previous letter from Home office for initial HSMP Visa
• Previous Visa Extension letter Under HSMP JR .
• Wife’s Dependent Visa Copy and letter of Visa approval under HSMP JR dependent .
• ILR approval letters for Myself and my wife under HSMP JR .

Photocopies of above documents where ever necessary .

Thanks
Firefly
You mentioned all the required documents. I guess the application form should be Appendix 2 - Financial Requirement
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks Balaji for checking the document list .

As for which appendix form to fill , I thought that it is appendix form 1 as per the below notes on main application

" You should complete Appendix 1 if you wish to come to the UK as:

• The adult dependant relative of a person who is present and settled in the UK; or
• The adult dependant relative of a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or as the beneficiary of
humanitarian protection; or
The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before 9
July 2012.

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the
UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The child of a widow of a former Gurkha soldier who died in active service after 1997; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of
someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection. "

As per the above , my child will come under child of settled person as per point 3 under appendix 1 .

Can you someone /moderators please confirm if i am correct ? or I still need to fill appendix form 2 ?

Thanks
Firefly

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am

Cf_firefly wrote:Thanks Balaji for checking the document list .

As for which appendix form to fill , I thought that it is appendix form 1 as per the below notes on main application

" You should complete Appendix 1 if you wish to come to the UK as:

• The adult dependant relative of a person who is present and settled in the UK; or
• The adult dependant relative of a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or as the beneficiary of
humanitarian protection; or
The child of settled parents or with one parent who has limited leave as a partner or parent granted under the Rules in force before 9
July 2012.

You should complete Appendix 2 if you wish to come to the UK as:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the
UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The child of a widow of a former Gurkha soldier who died in active service after 1997; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same gender partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of
someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection. "

As per the above , my child will come under child of settled person as per point 3 under appendix 1 .

Can you someone /moderators please confirm if i am correct ? or I still need to fill appendix form 2 ?

Thanks
Firefly
I've also under the same impression after looking in to the Appendix document. When you fill in the main application form (VAF 4A) through Online. you will not see the 3rd point in Appendix 1. I've done the same and filled in Appendix 2 when I first applied for my kid's visa.
Also, my wife confirmed with the VFS person whether she needs to provide Appendix 1 or 2, they rreverted Appendix 2 is the correct form.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Balaji ,

Thanks for replying again .

I am more confused now .

Me and my wife both are on ILR , so the option is "child of settled Parents " , now you are saying that this option is not there in online application form VAF4A ?

Do we need to submit online form for VAF4A - appendix 2 as well ?

if yes , in VAF4A - appendix 2 , what option did you select from below ?

1.As the spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK.

2.As the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled
in the UK.

3.As the unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled
in the UK.

4.As the child of a widow of a former Gurkha soldier who died
in active service after 1997.

5.As the child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance
as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent
who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave
as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on
09 July 2012.

6.As the Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner,
unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or
remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

The one difference between your application and mine is Myself and My wife got ILR and in your case only you got ILR and your wife on FLR(M)
so , this says i need to fill VAF4A -Appendix 1 form ?

Can you please confirm ?
Can the moderators of the forum please confirm ?

Thanks
Firefly

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 am

Hello All ,

Me and my wife have got our ILR last year . We are expecting our baby delivery in India early next year .I understand that when I bring the baby to UK , I need to apply for visa under the category of "child of settled person "

Can someone with previous experience or moderators of the forum , please clarify which appendix to fill along with application form VAF4A . I will be applying for Visa for my child born in India .

Thank you ,
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Firefly,

I’m in the same situation as you are. Did figure out which appendix should you apply along with VAF4A application ?

When i posted the same question to VFS in India, here is the reply i got.

1)Please be informed that neither VFS nor its staffs advise the applicant regarding the visa category and the supporting documents, kindly refer to the below mentioned link for more information.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s-settled/

Thanks,
Chandra Battini.

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi Chandra ,

Still no confirmation and waiting to hear from members /moderators of the forum to answer which appendix to submit .

thanks
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:03 am

Here is the reply i got from Chennai UKBA
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Chandra Battini,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Your child will qualify for a Settlement visa. You will be required to fill in form 4A and Appendix 2.
You will need to enclose photocopies of the parents’ Immigration status in the UK.
Please note that the passport should be valid for minimum period of 6 months. However, if the assessing Entry Clearance Officer requests you to obtain a new passport, you will be required to do so.
You are also required to complete TB screening for your child.

Yours sincerely,

Casework Team
Casework Team|Visa Operations Chennai | South Asia Region | International Operations and Visas| UK Border Agency | British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India | Fax : (91) 44 42192320, | * : Chennai.Visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk | Web : www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk www.vfs-uk-in.com
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ukba.in.india

-------------------------------------------------------------

why the Appendix 2 ? it should be Appendix 1. Isn't it ?

Regards,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks Chandra for sharing the email .

I too think it is appendix 1 for "child of settled persons " as appendix 2 is for financial requirements and "child of settled person(s) " does not need to new meet financial requirements which came in on 9th July 2012 . I say see this based on below :

1. On Paragraph 2 on page 32 from the Statement of Intent Doc http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf ,it says that "A child joining parents who both have settled status in the UK will not be subject to the financial requirement (income threshold) and will continue to get settlement on arrival (indefinite leave to enter)."

2. on “ Children of British citizens and settled persons " page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /children/ see third last para from bottom which says that " If you or one of the child's parents is applying to enter, remain, or has limited leave to remain in the UK as a partner or parent, you must meet the financial requirement. In all other cases you will need to show that you have accommodation where you can all live without help from public funds to bring your child to settle in the UK. "

3. In statement of Intent doc http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf On Page 58 , under the category “ Children (Child of a settled person (parent, parents or relative)) “ , there are NO new financial requirements ( see third column ) and the immigration rule ( Column 4 ) says “ Was and remains 297. Appendix FM does not apply. Application can still be made under existing rules “ .I have gone through Immigration rule 297 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /children/ to see if I can find any more useful info about financial requirements . Point 7 under this rule says “can, and will, be maintained adequately by the parent, parents, or relative the child is seeking to join, without recourse to public funds; “ .

If you agree , can you reply to the Chennai UKBA and ask again if appendix 2 is correct or not ?

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 am

firefly,

Ive already replied with the point1 you mentioned in your previous email. I didn't come across points 2 and 3 before.

I'll resend the email mentioning the points 2 & 3 .

Regards,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 am

firefly,

Here is the response i got from Chennai UKBA team after mentioning the points you suggested

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Chandra Battini,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have checked a few cases (similar to your circumstances) in our Office and can confirm that you are required to fill in the appendix 2 form along with VAF 4A.

a) Would you accept visa applications by post without filling it online ? – No. All applications have to be made on line
b) My child was born in the UK, and travelled to the UK once(june 2011) for his fist birthday and to get vaccinated in the UK. Is it still required to produce TB screening certificate ? - YES
c) My son’s photo on the passport and the visa was taken when he was 25 days old. It’s quite challenging to relate it to his current face. How can the applicant help the case worker to relate old photo easily with the current one? – As mentioned earlier, assessing Entry Clearance Officer may ask for a new passport (if required).

Yours sincerely,

Casework Team
Casework Team|Visa Operations Chennai | South Asia Region | International Operations and Visas| UK Border Agency | British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India | Fax : (91) 44 42192320, | * : Chennai.Visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk | Web : www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk www.vfs-uk-in.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because UKBA has assured me that its indeed appendix2 that i need to submit, I'll submit copy of my emails along with the application so that if something goes wrong, i may not lose hefty application fees,which is around Rs 80,000.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Chandra , Thanks again for sharing the mail from Chennai UKBA team .
I have sent an email as well to Chennai UKBA team and got a similar reply .

So , if we go with appendix 2 , which option do we need to tick from below six as i don't see any option which is sutiable for child of settled person(s)?

1.As the spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK.

2.As the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled
in the UK.

3.As the unmarried or same gender partner of someone settled
in the UK.

4.As the child of a widow of a former Gurkha soldier who died
in active service after 1997.

5.As the child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance
as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent
who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave
as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on
09 July 2012.

6.As the Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner,
unmarried or same-gender partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner or child) of someone with limited leave to enter or
remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

Can you send a mail to chennai UKBA and confirm which option to tick ? I will do the same .

Thanks
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 am

Can we get to see these options in the first place if you fill the application online ?

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Chandra ,

check this tread about options displayed when filling the VAF4A from online http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122783

so , it seems while filling the VAF4A online , we have to choose appendix 2 but when we try filling the physical appendix 2 paper form , the correct option to tick is not there and in the above tread , it was suggested to fill appendix 1

Thanks
Firefly

deep31
Newly Registered

Make both appx1/2 ready and submit it.

Post by deep31 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello guys,

I am in the same boat as you.

Can we fill both Appx 1 and 2 and submit at VFS office? Then UKBA team would decide and choose one applicable.

anyways, Do you have idea how long will it take to process such application?

Regards

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:58 pm

firefly,

Did you get any update from UKBA team as to which option from the appendix2 options' list is applicable for a child of ILR parents?

I haven't received a reply from Chennai UKBA.

Regards,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 am

Chandra ,

No Reply yet from UKBA Chennai .

Thanks
Firefly

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Firefly,

got the reply from UKBA team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Chandra Battini,

Thank you for your email.

Although there is no option to tick, the Appendix 2 is the right form to be filled for your child; in point 5 below (As the child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on
09 July 2012).

I hope this clarifies.

Yours sincerely,

Casework Team | Visa Operations Chennai | South Asia | International Operations and Visas | UK Border Agency | British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India | Fax : (91) 44 42192320, (91) 44 42192155 | * : Chennai.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk | Web : www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi deep31,

For your question on 'if i can submit both appendix1 and appendix2 of vaf4a' -- I think, you must fill in the application online(which Chennai UKBA person mentioned in his email to me, please read my posts in this page), and when you post it, i think, you can also attach appendix1(which im planning to do with explanation for it in the cover letter).
Here is a reply i got from Mumbai UKBA for my first question -- which application and appendix should i submit for a child of ILR parents? Is it VAF4A and apendix1 or VAF4A and apendix2 ? Actually, I posted the same question to all UKBA-India email IDs. Ive already posted Chennai UKBA response in this page. Here is Mumbai UKBA response.

--------------------Mumbai UKBA response------------------------------
Dear Sir

We are unable to advise on what documents or which VAF applicants should apply with. Applicants are free to submit whatever documents they feel fit after referring to the guidance and information available on our website.

Please note that that each application is dealt with on its own merits and it is left to the discretion of the assessing entry clearance officer to be satisfied enough to issue a visa.

Yours faithfully
Casework Team, Western India
British Deputy High Commission, Mumbai

South Asia Group
International Operations and Visas
UK Border Agency

Tel: +91 22 6650 2181
Fax: +91 22 6650 2326

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that this email answers your question. If you still have questions, please call Mumbai UKBA on the number "+91 22 6650 2181" and do not forget to update their response in this page with no delay.

BEst regards,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

firefly,

Before my fist post in this page, A lawyer in the UK suggested me that i should submit vaf4a and its appendix1 online with the extra following documents(i think these docs are applicable only in my case as my son was born in the UK and now is 2.5 years old)

1. Reasons for leaving the son in the India -- in the cover letter.
2. Docs that suggest that I've financially supported my son in India.
3. Proofs of vaccinations both in India and the UK.
4. A letter from person who took care of my son in India.

it was after first reading this page that i realized appendix2 is the correct one, not apendix1 as suggested by the lawyer. Of course, as per UKBA website, apendix1 is the correct one but Chennai UKBA team has repeatedly mentioned that appendix2 is the correct one. Considering these conflicting suggestions, ive decided to fill in vaf4a and appendix2 online, and post appendix1 as well with the necessary documentation, so that entry clearance officer will consider the correct appendix based on his discretion.

what do you say ?

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Chandra ,

Along with documents you mentioned , please check the list i added in my first post and make sure you submit below docs regardless of required or not :
  • Letter from employer stating Current Salary in gross , Job description and Job type .
    Employment contract
    P60
    Signed SU07 form
you have mentioned that you will post it , do we not suppose to submit the application at relevant VFS centre ?

Thanks
Firefly

deep31
Newly Registered

Post by deep31 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi Chandra

Thanks for your reply.

As such I am gooing apply online and tick for apx-2. Also submitting my documents at VFS office. (but both apx1/2 are ready.)

Is there any funding requirement? i.e. need to show balace in bank apart from £22,400 income requirements. And if any how much balance needs to shown?

Thanks

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:26 am

Firefly,

Sorry,I meant submitting at VFS center(or posting it to the VFS center).

BTW, we don't need to fill in second page of su07 form, do we ? The section that says "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY".

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Deep,

Looks like there is funding requirement. Point 17.1 of the UKBA document "STATEMENT OF INTENT: FAMILY MIGRATION " , which is available at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf, mentions that "£22,400 for one child in addition to the partner and an additional £2,400 for each further child.".

Thanks,
Chandra Battini