ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - matrimonial cases

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pr81968196
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - matrimonial cases

Post by pr81968196 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi,
I have cases of matrimonial nature (dom vio and dowry) going on in india in family court. Please can anyone tell me, whether I should specify that in the information in naturalisation form or not.
I read the new good character requirement guidance notes:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Page 21, section 9-->9.1.1
IT says that
Caseworkers should note that the following
matters should not normally, of themselves, be relevant to determining whether the good
character requirement has been met:
a. Divorce/separation, or other marital or domestic problems

Thanks

pr81968196
Newly Registered

re query

Post by pr81968196 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Please could some Guru give some possible answer on the above query.

Thanks

bobobo

Re: Naturalisation - matrimonial cases

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Well in itself I am not sure if this is worth anything, if there was a more serious case against you like terrorism or genocide then yes you should declare that. this is a tricky one to answer how serious is the domestic violence charge, this can be a show stopper if you are found guilty, dowry i am sure is not a biggie considering the fact you will have to explain to the caseworker what it is?

To be very safe just give the information as plainly as possible atlast you will not be done for concealing information, having said that I cant see HO will be able to find this out if you dont declare.

I would flip a coin.

pr81968196 wrote:Hi,
I have cases of matrimonial nature (dom vio and dowry) going on in india in family court. Please can anyone tell me, whether I should specify that in the information in naturalisation form or not.
I read the new good character requirement guidance notes:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Page 21, section 9-->9.1.1
IT says that
Caseworkers should note that the following
matters should not normally, of themselves, be relevant to determining whether the good
character requirement has been met:
a. Divorce/separation, or other marital or domestic problems

Thanks

pr81968196
Newly Registered

Post by pr81968196 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Both the cases are false cases and just a way to harass and extort money from my family. I have not received anything officially w.r.t cases, no charge, no conviction yet. Though, my ex tried sending email few times to HO Nationality enquiry email ids telling about me. I have few many ppl and have got mixed views as some says no need to specify marital problems and some says specify one liner about the case of marital nature going in india. I am very much divided as what to do.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 am

dude are you planning to divorce your spouse after all this, if you are then you can on the form specify that a divorce application is pending in the indian court, these 2 can then be a part of a wider divorce case and will not be considered as "individual" cases. Charges can be pressed fro anything and everything, you are safe till not proven guilty.
hope this makes sense.
pr81968196 wrote:Both the cases are false cases and just a way to harass and extort money from my family. I have not received anything officially w.r.t cases, no charge, no conviction yet. Though, my ex tried sending email few times to HO Nationality enquiry email ids telling about me. I have few many ppl and have got mixed views as some says no need to specify marital problems and some says specify one liner about the case of marital nature going in india. I am very much divided as what to do.