ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Checking Service (NCS).

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sayam04

Nationality Checking Service (NCS).

Post by sayam04 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi all,

A silly question but just need to be sure, can i book Nationality Checking Service any where around?

Please can some one confirm?

Thanks in adbance.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Nationality Checking Service (NCS).

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 pm

sayam04 wrote:A silly question but just need to be sure, can i book Nationality Checking Service any where around?
Yes. Pick whatever center suits you - by location, price, personal preference, whatever criteria are important to you. You can submit your application through any participating local authority irrespective of where you live. You can also choose any local authority you want for your ceremony if you want (that should be noted on form AN, though).

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
sayam04 wrote:A silly question but just need to be sure, can i book Nationality Checking Service any where around?
Yes. Pick whatever center suits you - by location, price, personal preference, whatever criteria are important to you. You can submit your application through any participating local authority irrespective of where you live. You can also choose any local authority you want for your ceremony if you want (that should be noted on form AN, though).
Does anyone knows centres which accepts applications on Saturdays?????

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Does anyone knows centres which accepts applications on Saturdays?????
One council that takes Saturday appointments is for example West Berkshire (surcharge £20). It might be helpful if you specify in which region you live. The full list of NCS centres is here.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:Does anyone knows centres which accepts applications on Saturdays?????
One council that takes Saturday appointments is for example West Berkshire (surcharge £20). It might be helpful if you specify in which region you live. The full list of NCS centres is here.
I live in Belfast, NI unfortunately there is no NCS service available yet.

Do you know if I have to come to mainland again to attend ceremony ???

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

destiniation_london wrote:I live in Belfast, NI unfortunately there is no NCS service available yet. Do you know if I have to come to mainland again to attend ceremony ???
I see no reason why you should. The ceremonies are completely independent from the NCS. Once HO received your application, the NCS is no longer involved in any way. After the approval of your application, HO will send the certificate to your local council (will be specified on your invitation letter). You just report to the registrar's office and they'll do the rest.

If you have to go to the mainland for the NCS, your best chance is probably to take a ferry from Belfast to one of the NCS centres around Glasgow (like East Kilbride), or (if you want to avoid car/train travel) to Liverpool. It might be worth considering doing the application postal - do you need your passport in the next 2 months?

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

I used hammersmith NCS but had my ceremoney at hillsborrough castle/estate........but you have to mention your preference at NCS otherwise they put u in for that council by default!(nearly did that to me glad i asked at the end of NCS consultation)

sayam04

NCS

Post by sayam04 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Much appreciated every one responded to my request. While checking on ukba website, Brent Council does Saturday as well adult £50 and minor £30.

Thanks again to all.