ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New criminality threshold, criminal record clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnM

New criminality threshold, criminal record clarification

Post by JohnM » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 pm

(iv) they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.”
Criminal record - does it refer only to out of court disposal only or does it refer to non-custodial sentence as well ?

This is very important. Because if it refers to both then people with fines for traffic convictions can check CRB and of it's clear expect to receive ILR. If it refers only to out of court disposal then it allows UKBA to refuse to anyone with any fine as soon as they see it declared on the application form.

I still don't understand why they refuse to some people with traffic offences and give to others. There is only good character for Naturalisation now, not ILR. In good character for naturalisation they say about recklessness in traffic offences. What is the logic with ILR application to refuse or not? Their CRB check?

DrFixit

Post by DrFixit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:46 am

I am looking for answer to this as well. The way wording is used, it seems like "non criminal record" is meant for out of court disposals. Any one with better understanding of English and law?

elf_fm
Newly Registered

Re: New criminality threshold, criminal record clarification

Post by elf_fm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 pm

If you look at the wording in " leave to enter" , it refer to both actually.

(18A) within the 12 months preceding the date of the application, the person has been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record; in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/

and here is one of staff guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... rfl/rfl10/
where RFL10.8 Summary Table will show you it refer to non-sensence ...

I believe it also refers both for ILR as well

JohnM wrote:
(iv) they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.”
Criminal record - does it refer only to out of court disposal only or does it refer to non-custodial sentence as well ?

This is very important. Because if it refers to both then people with fines for traffic convictions can check CRB and of it's clear expect to receive ILR. If it refers only to out of court disposal then it allows UKBA to refuse to anyone with any fine as soon as they see it declared on the application form.

I still don't understand why they refuse to some people with traffic offences and give to others. There is only good character for Naturalisation now, not ILR. In good character for naturalisation they say about recklessness in traffic offences. What is the logic with ILR application to refuse or not? Their CRB check?

aamir421
Newly Registered

non custodial

Post by aamir421 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:21 am

I am eligible to apply for ILR in june 2013. I was caught driving without insurance in Feb 2007. got 6 points and 200 pounds fine. Since 5 years have been passed points have been removed. Then in feb 2011 I received a Caution from police for Texting some one i didnt know. this was based on Malicious communication Act 1988. Its a minor thing. under the new rules on criminality threshold 13 December 2012 non custodial sentence will be considered spent after 24 months. Do u think i will have any problem in my ILR application since 24 months have been passed in Feb 2012.

Do I need to declare these two offences in my application.

ssidd

Re: New criminality threshold, criminal record clarification

Post by ssidd » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 am

Hi,
ILR is LEAVE TO REMAIN or LEAVE TO ENTER? As staff guidance mention leave to enter only....Any comments plz

Sidd
elf_fm wrote:If you look at the wording in " leave to enter" , it refer to both actually.

(18A) within the 12 months preceding the date of the application, the person has been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record; in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/

and here is one of staff guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... rfl/rfl10/
where RFL10.8 Summary Table will show you it refer to non-sensence ...

I believe it also refers both for ILR as well

JohnM wrote:

Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD