ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2s0e0p1
Newly Registered

Post by 2s0e0p1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello,

I need to change address. I am moving to a different property end of this month.

My AN application is still under consideration - sent 07/11/12. It could be that I hear back the response by end of this month? But if not I need to supply them the new address.

Please can anyone advise - what is the best course of action?

Kind regards

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm

2s0e0p1 wrote:Hello,

I need to change address. I am moving to a different property end of this month.

My AN application is still under consideration - sent 07/11/12. It could be that I hear back the response by end of this month? But if not I need to supply them the new address.

Kind regards
You can update UKBA via the email address provided on the acknowledgment letter.

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Does anyone know whether there any way at all to not send my current passport (through a solicitor certification or something like that) when i am applying for the british passport for the first time?

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Craziness wrote:Does anyone know whether there any way at all to not send my current passport (through a solicitor certification or something like that) when i am applying for the british passport for the first time?
You will need to send your current passport for British passport application. However, I fail to understand why you wouldn't want to send yours.

kmore97

Limited Company Director as Referee

Post by kmore97 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello Friends,
I have a friend, who runs his own limited company as a director. Is it acceptable if I get his signature as a professional referee?

Regards.

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi All,

May be this is not correct place to raise this question. But i didn't find any topic elsewhere to post my question.

I have got ILR on Dec 2011, and i'm on an business trip to my home country for more than 3 months after getting ILR . So, would i be eligible for applying BC now or should i wait and if i should wait how much time.
Also, in the last five years due to work assignments I was out of UK for more time.
Any suggestions on how and when i should proceed will help

Thanks

lostintot
Newly Registered

Post by lostintot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:30 am

goto_venkat wrote:Hi All,

May be this is not correct place to raise this question. But i didn't find any topic elsewhere to post my question.

I have got ILR on Dec 2011, and i'm on an business trip to my home country for more than 3 months after getting ILR . So, would i be eligible for applying BC now or should i wait and if i should wait how much time.
Also, in the last five years due to work assignments I was out of UK for more time.

Thanks
Check UKBA Website, here is the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:56 pm

goto_venkat wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
You will need to meet the following standard residential requirements:

(1) not away >450 days in the last 5 years (270 days in 3 years if based on marriage)
(2) not away >90 days in the last 1 year
(3) not away on the beginning of your qualifying period (5 and 3 years respectively)
(4) not away on the day HO receives your application.

2s0e0p1
Newly Registered

Post by 2s0e0p1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:04 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
2s0e0p1 wrote:Hello,

Kind regards
You can update UKBA via the email address provided on the acknowledgment letter.

Thanks for the response. how long before moving out I should do this? 1 week ago is OK?

Sidwho2000
Newly Registered

How to check if IPS received your passport application

Post by Sidwho2000 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 pm

I sent mine passport application via c&s service from post office.how can I check when and if IPS received mine application?

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: How to check if IPS received your passport application

Post by vinitmanu » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 am

Sidwho2000 wrote:I sent mine passport application via c&s service from post office.how can I check when and if IPS received mine application?
There should be barcode on the top of the receipt to track your application.

fais11
Newly Registered

Re: Limited Company Director as Referee

Post by fais11 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am

kmore97 wrote:Hello Friends,
I have a friend, who runs his own limited company as a director. Is it acceptable if I get his signature as a professional referee?

Regards.
How did it go? did they accept him as reference? I am thinking of doing that as well.

Regards,

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am

Hi Everyone,
My wife got her ILR in July and our baby was born in Sept. We want to register the child as a British Ciyizen using MN1 but the information on the UKBA website is not clear. She want to travel to see her dad abroad and the chilx needs a passport. Can anyone advise if we can register the cjild using MN1 on my wife's ILR please.
Thanks a lot.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm

anustaya wrote:Hi Everyone,
My wife got her ILR in July and our baby was born in Sept. We want to register the child as a British Ciyizen using MN1 but the information on the UKBA website is not clear. She want to travel to see her dad abroad and the chilx needs a passport. Can anyone advise if we can register the cjild using MN1 on my wife's ILR please.
Thanks a lot.
If your baby was born in UK and your wife had ILR at the time of birth then the baby is already BC which means you can apply for passport directly to IPS.

goldridgeg

Post by goldridgeg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Can someone tell me when I do send off the forms for first passport, can I request a specific date for the interview? You see us here in Northern Ireland, have only Coleraine and Belfast, and I am about 40 miles from each, so getting a day off work to go for and interview is difficult? When i get a date, can I request a change to suit me? any answers would be greatly apprciated

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:11 pm

goldridgeg wrote:Can someone tell me when I do send off the forms for first passport, can I request a specific date for the interview? You see us here in Northern Ireland, have only Coleraine and Belfast, and I am about 40 miles from each, so getting a day off work to go for and interview is difficult? When i get a date, can I request a change to suit me? any answers would be greatly apprciated
Not when you send the form. However, once you receive the interview letter, you will be given available dates and you can choose the one that suits you.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

goldridgeg

Post by goldridgeg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks, Vinitmanu. nice one

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 pm

goldridgeg wrote:Thanks, Vinitmanu. nice one
Good Luck goldridgeg, keep us posted.

5thave
Newly Registered

Post by 5thave » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi, iddeally when can someone apply for Citizenship if they received their ILR say 15.06.12... can they apply by 15 May 2013? or has to be 15 june 2013?....

Thanks

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:06 pm

5thave wrote:Hi, iddeally when can someone apply for Citizenship if they received their ILR say 15.06.12... can they apply by 15 May 2013? or has to be 15 june 2013?....

Thanks
No(unless married to BC). You have to wait exact 1 year on ILR before you can apply

goldridgeg

Post by goldridgeg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Had my ceremony today at Hillsborough Castle, in the Throne room - 43 applicants, a record for NI. What a venue, absolutely stunning. Whole thing took 45 mins, and after gave packs including passports applications

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 pm

5thave wrote:Hi, iddeally when can someone apply for Citizenship if they received their ILR say 15.06.12... can they apply by 15 May 2013? or has to be 15 june 2013?....

Thanks
There is no 28 day rule for Naturalisation.

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

cricinfo wrote:
anustaya wrote:Hi Everyone,
Thanks a lot.
If your baby was born in UK and your wife had ILR at the time of birth then the baby is already BC which means you can apply for passport directly to IPS.
Thanks cricinfo. We shall go ahead with a direct application for passport for the child.

GoanG
Newly Registered

Re: How to check if IPS received your passport application

Post by GoanG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Sidwho2000 wrote:I sent mine passport application via c&s service from post office.how can I check when and if IPS received mine application?
There should be barcode on the top of the receipt to track your application.

I would like to know where to find the bar code too, as I cannot seem to see any on the receipt I was given at the post office - could someone tell me how many numbers or letter this bar code has? as I would also like to know how to know when and if IPS received my application. Many thanks.

GoanG
Newly Registered

Post by GoanG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm

goldridgeg wrote:Had my ceremony today at Hillsborough Castle, in the Throne room - 43 applicants, a record for NI. What a venue, absolutely stunning. Whole thing took 45 mins, and after gave packs including passports applications
Nice to know some Councils do take the time and give out good service, I had a private one and it was appauling, not to mention it took them 8 days to return my call! Thanks for your information. I would have loved to have a group ceremony if I did not have time constraints!