ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ZAMBRANO or supouse of Irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flatpack

ZAMBRANO or supouse of Irish

Post by flatpack » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi guys,
i have my naturalisation sorted and my partner (non eu national) entered in the country as student and we have child, my partner applied for her status to be changed based on zambrano in 2011 while she still had valid student visa, but she was referred to DOJ by local garda.
we have supplied all vaccination details, gp visit details, dna test, proof of address and all other bits requested by DOJ over the course of (about 14 months) we haven’t heard anything positive from DOJ till today. Now we are planning to marry in February 2013 and then travel after to home country but we can not do that as she do not have visa so my question is do we leave her case to sorted based on zambrano (which is not guaranteed that doj will response positive or nagative) or after getting marry i can go with her to my local garda station to get her visa or do i have to apply for her visa in DOJ again and wait for 6 months? It’s really race against the time, i have to see my parents so she, none of our parents have seen their grand child (apart from pictures on net and skype)
any experience or suggestion are welcome.
thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Its much easier if you get married as her stamp 4 will be issued to her immediately.

All you have to do is present yourself with your marriage certificate and some few documentsnto INIS and she will get, probably 5-year Stamp 4 issued to her on the spot!.

Also get them to issue another 5-year Multi-Entry Visa on the spot too! Which is free

Hope that answered your question.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

IntegratedMigrant, thanks for your reply, but remember she does not hold any valid visa, so that is my fear that she have to apply in DOJ and wait for 6 month, or am i wrong?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

if she doesn't have any valid permission at the moment, she will not get stamp 4 as a spouse of irish national from her local immigration officer. instead she will have to apply in writing to spouse of irish national section, where processing can take up to 12 months
for more info
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

shintaxyz
Newly Registered

Post by shintaxyz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 am

i ll advise you write a letter to the Spouse of Irish Unit and also the Repatriation Unit after your marriage explaining your situation. They ll def answer within couple of weeks. Probably someone just put her file in a desk. I was once in this situation, even though i came into this country on the foot of Zambrano visa. I changed my status within a week by writing to both Units and Spouse of Irish Unit responded within days.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 am

shintaxyz & agniukas,
thanks for reply, but then we are waiting answer from Repatriation Unit, but when we getting marry we would have to submit second file to Spouse of Irish Unit would that not duplicate things? Also that 12 months really put me off. But i suppose we have no choice but to let them know current status and may be this will speed up process

what about these two requirements? photographs of what? Detailed information regarding your relationship history?
• Details of your immigration history in this State
This is ok
• Your current legal status
No status
• Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
This is ok
• Detailed information regarding your relationship history and the context in which your marriage/civil partnership took place
What informations are required?
• Evidence of your current address of your joint habitual residence
This is ok (utility bill etc.)
• Your original passport and birth certificate
This is ok
• Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport and birth certificate
This is ok
• Divorce papers from applicant (if applicable)
This is ok
• Other supporting documentation – photographs
photographs of what?
• Accommodation details: Rent Book, Joint Tenancy Agreement/Proof of Home Ownership, Utility Bills, Financial Statements, letter from Community Welfare Officer (if applicable) or Tax Credit form from the Revenue Commissioners

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Additional documents are there to show that your marriage is a real one. You have a child, so send a birth certificate. Include some family pictures, wedding pictures. Show that you have been living together for several years.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

flatpack wrote:IntegratedMigrant, thanks for your reply, but remember she does not hold any valid visa, so that is my fear that she have to apply in DOJ and wait for 6 month, or am i wrong?
She holds no valid visa at the moment, but again she is not illegal and her status is still recognised in this country.

Do exactly this and you will have no problem at all.

1.Get Married

2. Go to INIS with your partner, marriage cert, documents of Zambrano submission etc and request for Stamp 4.

3. Since her status is still pending to be recognised on Zambrano, they may issue her Stamp 4 on the spot and advice you to cancel her application on Zambrano.

4. It is more effective when talking to someone face to face rather than email (INIS Officer)

5. It is much more easier and quicker to issue Stamp 4 when married to an Irish national!..

5. You need to stop asking questions and start doing something, and you'll see the results!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

flatpack wrote:What informations are required?
• Evidence of your current address of your joint habitual residence
• Other supporting documentation – photographs
Photographs of what?
1. Evidence of your current address of your joint habitual residence
This means an evidence of your current address with whom yourself and your partner have been living for quite a time now

E.g A utility bill, tv, phone bill, bank statement(s) of yourself and your partner or joint which suggest that both of you have been living continuously in Ireland for more than 1 year now

2. Other supporting documentation – photographs
This are photographs can prove that your relationship is legit

E.g Any photo that you took with her in the past, tourism photos of yourselves, wedding photos if applicable. Simply put, any photo or document that can prove without a doubt that you both are in a relationship

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 am

Flatpack, if you go ahead with the Spouse of an Irish National Application, you will be waiting a further 9-12 months. A better option will be to put a little bit more pressure on the Repat to issue your Zambrano permission. I would send in another letter with a whole tranche of up to date documents, proof of address, letter from doctor, school etc and explain you need a decision soon. You could even see a solicitor to write a letter demanding a decision, as 14 months is very long to be waiting.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

when we did our FLR(M) in the uk we included about 1000 pages of things to show our relationship.

Tax credits joint claims / child birth certiicates, photos of the family, christmas cards to us as a couple from family / friends. witness statements from myself and wife stating our long we been together etc

the list of supporting documents is endless... our problem wasnt showin we are a couple, but the basis they expect myself and children to return to indonesia with my wife.

(we are in the uk though - not ireland)

just send ANYTHING And EVERYTHING... to prove your a couple.

print photos and WRITE EXPLAINATIONS of what the photo is... and date the photos.

IE: This photo was taken on 25/12/12. it was taken at XXXX's home - the sister of XXXX. In the picture are XXX (brother of), xxx(nephew of), xxx (myself - mrxxxx), xxx (my husbad xxxx)

its time consuming, but always worth it.

rezaghahremani
Newly Registered

Re: ZAMBRANO or supouse of Irish

Post by rezaghahremani » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm

flatpack wrote:Hi guys,
i have my naturalisation sorted and my partner (non eu national) entered in the country as student and we have child, my partner applied for her status to be changed based on zambrano in 2011 while she still had valid student visa, but she was referred to DOJ by local garda.
we have supplied all vaccination details, gp visit details, dna test, proof of address and all other bits requested by DOJ over the course of (about 14 months) we haven’t heard anything positive from DOJ till today. Now we are planning to marry in February 2013 and then travel after to home country but we can not do that as she do not have visa so my question is do we leave her case to sorted based on zambrano (which is not guaranteed that doj will response positive or nagative) or after getting marry i can go with her to my local garda station to get her visa or do i have to apply for her visa in DOJ again and wait for 6 months? It’s really race against the time, i have to see my parents so she, none of our parents have seen their grand child (apart from pictures on net and skype)
any experience or suggestion are welcome.
thanks
i had the same case you have to get married first and then you have to apply for right to remain and then they will give you a letter and they will give her answer under 9 months for me took 5 months t recive one year stamp 4 i had a child as well

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Flatpack, if you go ahead with the Spouse of an Irish National Application, you will be waiting a further 9-12 months. A better option will be to put a little bit more pressure on the Repat to issue your Zambrano permission. I would send in another letter with a whole tranche of up to date documents, proof of address, letter from doctor, school etc and explain you need a decision soon. You could even see a solicitor to write a letter demanding a decision, as 14 months is very long to be waiting.
I would be of the same view.

It took us over 9 months to receive the decision on our spouse of Irish national application, received it last June.

If you put a bit of pressure on them, you might have a decision sooner than you would expect.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:55 pm

just an update,
got married and visited out local immigration office with my irish passport and marriage cert, and with all letters received from DOJ, and explained everything but again reffered to DOJ.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 am

update for all of you guys,
we got response back from DOJ, applied to both departments and both came back with positive response.
happy days.

pebble
Newly Registered

Post by pebble » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

flatpack wrote:update for all of you guys,
we got response back from DOJ, applied to both departments and both came back with positive response.
happy days.
Hi flapjack congratulations on your good news and marriage . It's nice to read about such. I am waiting for the Zambrano decision for sometime now. After reading this I'm hoping for good news too.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Congratulations Flatpack.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 pm

flatpack wrote:update for all of you guys,
happy days.
Its only gonna get easier from now :)

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 am

while we are on ZAMBRANO post,
do we have to pay for registration (garda card)
also does she need re-entry visa and if she does is that free as well or not?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 pm

flatpack wrote:also does she need re-entry visa and if she does is that free as well or not?
Yes she will need a re-entry visa which again usually issued on the spot. This visa is free of charge to Spouses of Irish National.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:15 pm

flatpack wrote:do we have to pay for registration (garda card)
GNIB card is free of charge for Spouse of an Irish National

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am

do we have to go and stand in the queue outside dublin office early morning or that is changed now?

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
flatpack wrote:also does she need re-entry visa and if she does is that free as well or not?
Yes she will need a re-entry visa which again usually issued on the spot. This visa is free of charge to Spouses of Irish National.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 pm

flatpack wrote:do we have to go and stand in the queue outside dublin office early morning or that is changed now?
Everyone is treated equally and the last time I checked, there are always some immigrants doing one thing or the other in the Immigration Office. Early Morning Queue may or may not be necessary depending on how busy the day is.