ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Called for an interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 pm

tweety0211 wrote:Meant kilometers :D just checjed on train times, it would take us over 10 hra to get to Liverpool.
If you don't wan to go to Liverpool, why don't you call them up and suggest a meeting in Glasgow or whatever city you are based in. Or invite them to come to your house.

If you do go to Liverpool be sure to keep receipts for all your related expenses, such as hotel, food and train. You should request those all be paid by UKBA.

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
If you don't wan to go to Liverpool, why don't you call them up and suggest a meeting in Glasgow or whatever city you are based in. Or invite them to come to your house.

If you do go to Liverpool be sure to keep receipts for all your related expenses, such as hotel, food and train. You should request those all be paid by UKBA.[/quote]

We have not been invited yet. We only sent our applications last week. But it would be great if they came to us instead of us traveling to them. We are willing to go wherever if it would speed up HO making their decision quicker,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 am

It is very unlikely that anyone will want to talk with you if it is a standard application.

tweety0211

Post by tweety0211 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:It is very unlikely that anyone will want to talk with you if it is a standard application.
My husband keeps telling me the same. Its just me being worried as UKBA once rejected my visa application. I applied for a visa in 2006 but they rejected me for different visa which i diodnt even apply for. They did apologise and issued me another visa free of charge but since then I am very worried every time I need to deal with HO.

sara1991

Re: marriage interview eea

Post by sara1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:54 pm

[quote="sidah"]hi i recently get interviewed by this team marriage and i am waiting for the ensswer from theme can you please tell me how many working days we take to get my passport back thanks :D
we get around 95 questions it s was too long and we do some mestake in the interview is that mean i can be refused the residence card thanks you for you help[/quote]

HEY CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH US THE QUESTION THEY ASKED AND HOW LONG THIS TOOK??

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Sarah, understand that you might be tense, please post only once and try and avoid capitalisation.

Thanks.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 pm

[quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]Sarah, understand that you might be tense, please post only once and try and avoid capitalisation.

Thanks.[/quote]

Ok sorry i didn't know capitalization was not accepted !! and i have only wrriten once in this post

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

sara1991 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Sarah, understand that you might be tense, please post only once and try and avoid capitalisation.

Thanks.
Ok sorry i didn't know capitalization was not accepted !! and i have only wrriten once in this post
Ok, see reply to your question in your own thread (that's what I'd meant by posting once).

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Just seen it thank you once again :D

rajapakistani
Newly Registered

UK BA EEA2: marriage interview please advise?

Post by rajapakistani » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi All,
My wife is European and I am Pakistani, our marriage is genuine but UKBA has questions. I got surprise to see that our interview will be of 4 hours. Please can some one advise what they will ask during 4 hours?
Many Thanks
Raja
UKBA Invitation
I am writing concerning your application for confirmation of your right to reside in the United Kingdom on the basis of your marriage/civil partnership to an EEA National.

In order to consider the matter further, you and your spouse are requested to attend an interview on:

Date: 28 Feb 2013
Time: 01:00 PM

Place: 6 Union Street, Liverpool, L3 9AF

Please be aware that you and your spouse need to be available for a period of 4 hours for this interview.

Please email NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk returning the reply slip if you have received this via e-mail to confirm that you will attend this interview, or that you will need to arrange an alternative date (if this appointment cannot be kept), no later than 25 February 2013 advising whether or not you or your spouse will need an interpreter(s) and what languages(s) they will need to speak.

Please note: Interpreters need to be booked in advance and cannot be requested on the day of the interview. If you do not advise us in advance that you need an interpreter then the interview will be conducted in English.

Failure to reply to this invitation within the given timescales will result in your interview being cancelled and a decision will be made on the basis of the information already provided on your application form which could result in a refusal of your application.

If, after confirming your attendance, you are unable to attend your interview due to illness you will need to inform us as soon as possible and prior to the time of your interview, either by emailing NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or by telephoning 0151 213 4009 and leaving a message on the European Marriage Interview answer phone. In addition, a medical certificate stating the full nature of the illness must be provided no later than 5 days of your interview date.

You may bring a legal representative with you to be present during your interview. You may also bring your own accredited interpreter if you wish. However, this interpreter will only be present to observe the interview and will not be used in place of a Home Office interpreter. Both your legal representative and interpreter should each provide a letter of introduction.

Please note: Your representative, interpreter and spouse/civil partner will only be admitted to the Home Office building if they accompany you. You should therefore meet your representative and any interpreter at an arranged place outside the Home Office and enter the building together. Your interview will not be deferred to wait for either your representative or interpreter to arrive.

You should attend on time and bring to the interview this letter and any documentation you consider relevant to your application. The information you give will be treated in confidence. However, information may be disclosed to your spouse/civil partner, and/or other government departments or agencies, local authorities, international organisations and other authorised bodies to enable them to carry out their functions.

If not already provided, your spouse / civil partner is required to bring with them evidence of their continuing employment in the form of a letter from their employer and their last pay slip. Should your spouse/civil partner change his/her employment since making the application, you need to bring evidence of this change to the interview. This should include a letter from their new employer, a pay slip and if wages are paid into a bank account, a bank statement showing the wages being received in the account. If a permanent National Insurance number has been obtained since the application was made evidence of this should be brought to the interview.

In addition to the above, you will also need to bring (unless already provided) the following:

· Your and your spouse's/civil partner's last 6 months bank statements (joint and individual)

· Your last 2 years council tax bills

· Photographs taken during your relationship

· Wedding photographs (if not already supplied)

· Joint utility bills

· Tenancy agreement/mortgage statement

· Your passport/ID card (if not already with the Home Office)

It would be helpful if you could inform us if anyone attending the interview has a disability which would hinder them evacuating the building in the event of an emergency or if anyone attending the interview has special circumstances which would mean taking a break while the interview is in progress. You should make us aware of these in advance by emailing NWEUROMARRIAGE@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

On arrival for the interview this letter should be shown to the officer on duty at the Public Enquiry Office entrance to 6 Union Street who will direct you to the waiting area.

Failure to attend this interview or to notify us within the timescales set out in this letter could result in the refusal of your application.

Yours sincerely,

Interview Team
European Casework

rajapakistani
Newly Registered

Re: We are Called for AN INTERVIEW by UKBA

Post by rajapakistani » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi, Did you get some sample of questions. if yes please post .
Many thanks
wolf123 wrote:Hi There,

Here is the worst time line of my case.

Application: EEA2
Spouse: Romanian
Myself: Indian
My present Status: Student
Spouse:Been here in UK for the Last 6 Years
Age Gap Between us: About 7 Years.
We got married in December-2011

Sent EEA-2 Application for Sheffield office in JANUARY-2012

So till now its been more than ONE BLOODY YEAR

Till now:
No COA
No any other acknowledgement

They only sent me a Letter in the Month of November-2012 asking me to sent them some more proofs of address-joint and single which i did.

We received just a recently letter of invitation for the interview at their Sheffield Office which we are going to attend together in the Month of March.

Relationship is totally Genuine.
We have been living together in the same house since before the Marriage and still living at the same address.

We have sent all the proofs to them.

Marriage certificate
pictures
relevant address documents
etc. etc.

We never taken any help from any Solicitor.

I did my own application and everything.

This was the time line of my case.

Now my question for help is ;

We want to know what sort of questions we would be asked by the UKBA?

How many questions would there be?

If somebody specify all the Questions here that would be great help for us.

Also, if you got any idea how long they will take it on wards from the Interview?

or any sort of information that you have which can be helpful for us?

We are quite confident since we know each other very well

But still dont want to get caught without any preparations .

we would appreciate if somebody can help us in this regard.

Your help,time and consideration is very well appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Kind Regards.

wolf123
Newly Registered

Post by wolf123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 am

RAJA@

i got almost the same sort of interview invitation letter .

Since we have already sent them everything so they did not ask me to bring anything else .

Our interview is at the end of MARCH-2013
I am still asking people around what sort of questions they might ask during the interview...

When your interview is done please do come back here and share your experience with all the other people.

wolf123
Newly Registered

Post by wolf123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 am

People must have seen UK BORDER FORCE tv program.
In which they catch people/deport illegals and conduct the interviews on the airports/different places.
These include people caught at the airport,working illegally,on the wedding days as wel.

Now in the context, my question is for all you guys...

There must be CCTV there while all these activities ...

But you can see there is a cameraman recording while the person being interviewed at the airport Immigration counter or inside the room..

I saw Many UK BORDER FORCE PROGRAM where they always do the recording ...

But my question is ...

doesnt it violate your human rights?

what if you ask them specifically they you do object this recording and you dont want this recording as this is against your rights...is it possible?

Can you ask for Justice of peace or any other main officer/manager to complain and convey your message that you dont want this recordings?

Can anybody tell that when people are called for INTERVIEW at LIVERPOOL office in case of Marriages ..is there personal recording like UK BORDER FORCE PROGRAMS?

If there is recording then is it possible that you can object and say that ''i am not your publicity material and i object this recording,i dont want to be on the TV whether i get refused or passed...

I hope you understand my question in light of all this explanation...

Regards.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 pm

It is very unlikely that there would be television cameras at your interview. If there are, I would hope that you would firmly ask that they be turned off.

You may also request that they do not record it.

Note that if they are recording the interview, I think you could clearly also record it.

wolf123
Newly Registered

Post by wolf123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Thank you very much Directive/Guru

but i just wana know what are the rights of the person going for the interview?
what laws says about this recording?

i mean who wana be the publicity material for that uk border force program doesnt matter somebdoy is illegal or legal ..

can you lawfully stop them from recording your interview if there are any tv cameras there?

regards.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

I think there are some FOI requests about that. See http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/ukba

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Recording is not illegal.they will warn you before your interview that this interview wil be recorded and will use as a evidence against you.before interview they will give you a form in which your legal rights will be mentioned.its up to you if you satisfied then sign it or dis satisfied then don't sign it.if your interview will recorded then they will inform you before recording,the purpose of this recording.
Best regards

wolf123
Newly Registered

Post by wolf123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Ravi@i am talking about the recording with tv camera for uk border force program which is on air on tv .

the normal recordings which they do as an evidence they are not illegal and they are ok in the eyes of the law as these protects both sides ..

Have you been for the interview?

got any feedback,questions or any suggestions regarding the interview then it would be much appreciated.

regards.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 pm

wolf123 wrote:Ravi@i am talking about the recording with tv camera for uk border force program which is on air on tv .

the normal recordings which they do as an evidence they are not illegal and they are ok in the eyes of the law as these protects both sides ..

Have you been for the interview?

got any feedback,questions or any suggestions regarding the interview then it would be much appreciated.

regards.
DONT WORRY, THEY WILL NOT BROADCAST OVER THE TV, ITS A SPECIAL PROGRAM AND NOTHING TO DO WITH NORMAL CCTV RECORDING.

rajapakistani
Newly Registered

Post by rajapakistani » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

wolf123 wrote:RAJA@

i got almost the same sort of interview invitation letter .

Since we have already sent them everything so they did not ask me to bring anything else .

Our interview is at the end of MARCH-2013
I am still asking people around what sort of questions they might ask during the interview...

When your interview is done please do come back here and share your experience with all the other people.
@wolf123, my interview will be in mid march, yes sure I will update you with the outcome.... in the mean time if you find any sample plz do share
Thanks

rajapakistani
Newly Registered

Re: Called for an interview

Post by rajapakistani » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

szandi1990 wrote:Hello guys,

Having fun with UKBA, as they are trying to make the most of it! :) So this time, finally my husband received his COA, and we were invited for an interview to Liverpool in September! Does anyone know what this interview for?

Furthermore, how long more can we expect to wait for this Residence Card, as we are waiting since March!

Thanks,

Sandra
@szandi1990
Please can you share questions here? I have interview in march plzzzzzzzzz

wolf123
Newly Registered

Re: We are Called for AN INTERVIEW by UKBA

Post by wolf123 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 am

quote ..

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi guys, just wondering any more updates regarding the interview for EEA2 RC recently. I read recently, many people mentioning about their interviews coming shortly, so anyone who have come across pls share it with us. Regards.