ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

return of passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sun76

return of passports

Post by sun76 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm

I received my BRP on 15 FEB 2013 how long does it take for my passports and other documents to come . Any one , any idea?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Total process is taking anything between 4-6 months from date of application to date of approval letter

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

U should receive it anytime soon.
In Most cases, I believe people receive their passports and documents before the BRPs.

sun76

Post by sun76 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 am

Bildor wrote:U should receive it anytime soon.
In Most cases, I believe people receive their passports and documents before the BRPs.
I know mine is other way my passport is expiring next month i need to travel second week of march i need to renew it ,i am bit worried, With UKBA its a big waiting game.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Normally there is few days difference in arriving the BRP and passport.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sun76

Post by sun76 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Normally there is few days difference in arriving the BRP and passport.

Looks like UKBA lost my passports and other documents it has been more than a week after i received my BRP.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: return of passports

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

sun76 wrote:I received my BRP on 15 FEB 2013 how long does it take for my passports and other documents to come . Any one , any idea?
Usually within a week. Did you enclose a pre-paid self addressed envelope for the return of your documents? I.e. which had a tracking number. If so you could track the item to see whether it has been dispatched.

sun76

Post by sun76 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:26 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
sun76 wrote:I received my BRP on 15 FEB 2013 how long does it take for my passports and other documents to come . Any one , any idea?
Usually within a week. Did you enclose a pre-paid self addressed envelope for the return of your documents? I.e. which had a tracking number. If so you could track the item to see whether it has been dispatched.
unfortunately no, Whats next if at all they lost my documents and passports.My passport is expiring next month i have my travel plans postponed from last year dono what to do.

s0ulfree
Newly Registered

Post by s0ulfree » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:09 pm

I got my approval letter and documents back on the Feb 16 (dated Feb 15) but have still not received my BRP. :?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

s0ulfree wrote:
I got my approval letter and documents back on the Feb 16 (dated Feb 15) but have still not received my BRP. :?
Good stuff, BRP will follow soon

sun76

Post by sun76 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:43 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Whats alternative now ? i rang HO friday but cant get through i mailed them even my employer mailed them just waiting for reply .Absolutely ridiculous i waited six months for extension,then i waited for my ILR almost 5 and half months now another wait for my passports and documents to come back they are just playing with people`s lives.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:56 pm

sun76 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
Whats alternative now ? i rang HO friday but cant get through i mailed them even my employer mailed them just waiting for reply .Absolutely ridiculous i waited six months for extension,then i waited for my ILR almost 5 and half months now another wait for my passports and documents to come back they are just playing with people`s lives.
I do appreciate your frustration at the length of time taken. As it has only been a week since you received your BRP, you may need to give them a few more days. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to what you should do next, but would suggest you continue to try & through on their helpline. Email queries don't necessarily get quick responses, but I've personally always had a response to every email I've sent. If all fails you may need to follow the UKBA complaints procedure. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

sun76

Post by sun76 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Thank you very much for your support i will wait for few more days then ill do complaint.
cs95tdg wrote:
sun76 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
I do appreciate your frustration at the length of time taken. As it has only been a week since you received your BRP, you may need to give them a few more days. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to what you should do next, but would suggest you continue to try & through on their helpline. Email queries don't necessarily get quick responses, but I've personally always had a response to every email I've sent. If all fails you may need to follow the UKBA complaints procedure. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

sun76

Post by sun76 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Can i apply for child tax benefit and my wife job seekers allowance as we still waiting for passports to come or shall we wait ?
sun76 wrote:Thank you very much for your support i will wait for few more days then ill do complaint.
cs95tdg wrote:
sun76 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:Usually within a week. Did you enclose a pre-paid self addressed envelope for the return of your documents? I.e. which had a tracking number. If so you could track the item to see whether it has been dispatched.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:53 pm

sun76 wrote:Can i apply for child tax benefit and my wife job seekers allowance as we still waiting for passports to come or shall we wait ?
If both of you have received your Settlement BRP's confirming your ILR status, then yes, you need not wait for your passports.

sun76

Post by sun76 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
sun76 wrote:Can i apply for child tax benefit and my wife job seekers allowance as we still waiting for passports to come or shall we wait ?
If both of you have received your Settlement BRP's confirming your ILR status, then yes, you need not wait for your passports.
Thanks guru for your prompt reply,We all me, my wife and our child we three got our BRPS just for this passports we are waiting for.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 pm

you can also visit your local royal mail sorting unit too and ask about your mail. Perhaps it might work.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

muina
Newly Registered

Post by muina » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 am

Sorry for jumping into the thread with a completely different but sort of related query--how did you (or anyone who had the experience really) receive your BRP? Was it via a courier delivery service?

And how does the passport get delivered? Is it by courier as well or by Royal Mail? And do they need a signature on delivery for your passport as well?

I received a missed delivery card from DX courier and I'm not sure whether it's my passport or the BRP. Most are insisting it's the passport but a friend is saying it's the BRP as she received hers by courier, and I know that in some cases, some people do get their BRP before their passport.

s0ulfree
Newly Registered

BRP delivery

Post by s0ulfree » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 pm

muina wrote:Sorry for jumping into the thread with a completely different but sort of related query--how did you (or anyone who had the experience really) receive your BRP? Was it via a courier delivery service?

And how does the passport get delivered? Is it by courier as well or by Royal Mail? And do they need a signature on delivery for your passport as well?

I received a missed delivery card from DX courier and I'm not sure whether it's my passport or the BRP. Most are insisting it's the passport but a friend is saying it's the BRP as she received hers by courier, and I know that in some cases, some people do get their BRP before their passport.
Hey there,

DX are the guys who do a secure delivery on the BRP only, get back in touch with them and arrange re - delivery. I just got my BRP re - delivered this morning. My passport and supporting documents came last week through royal mail ( I had paid for next return of docs anyway). I didnt need to show any ID for royal mail delivery but had to do so for the BRP. Hope that helps. Oh, and check the validity on the BRP, it says 'indefinite leave to remain but expires in 10 yrs! :?

Cheers
S

PS : you have to sign electronically for both packages

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: BRP delivery

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:41 pm

s0ulfree wrote:Oh, and check the validity on the BRP, it says 'indefinite leave to remain but expires in 10 yrs! :?
ILR is your immigration status in the UK. 10 years is the validity of the card, just like a passport or driving licence has a expiry date. You will need to apply for a BRP in 10 years time, unless you naturalise as a BC before then.

muina
Newly Registered

Post by muina » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Thank you! I now have the BRP but it's taking a while for the passport to come back. I rang the Home Office to inquire just in case they have a tracking number and the woman I spoke to told me to ring back at the end of the week as she can't see a tracking number on the system!!!

Not that I am not happy with a successful application for extension of my Tier 2 visa, but how did this all get processed and not have my passport sent out?! I am now very worried that they may have lost my passport, and I desperately need it back as I need to travel out of the country!

sun76

Post by sun76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 am

It has been two weeks now no signs of passports and other documents i rang HO can`t get through i sent a letter to croydon just waiting.