ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success – Sheffield PEO - Self + 2 over 18 Children

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

longhorn1

ILR Success – Sheffield PEO - Self + 2 over 18 Children

Post by longhorn1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you everyone for the invaluable help and support you provide members and saving us all from cut throat Solicitor fees.
I got my ILR approval yesterday (25/2/20130 at the Sheffield PEO along with my two over 18 dependant daughters. My case was a straightforward one.
HSMP (2years) + T1 General (3years)
Date of EC – 12/2/2008
Date of Arrival in the UK – 3/5/2008
Expiry of current T1 G Resident permits – 06/4/2013
Date of ILR Application – 25/2/2013
Approval date – 25/2/2013
Our appointment was for 1.30pm. Arrived gate about 12.45pm but was allowed in after going through the airport style security checks. We were told to go to the reception window to get our tokens and asked to wait. Exactly 1.31pm I was called to a window for document check. I told the lady I was with my 2 daughters who though applied separately were still dependent on me and asked if we could be seen together by the same case worker. She agreed and thereafter went through our documents. I had prepared 2 sets of folders for each of us (one for original documents and the other for copies) and each document tagged accordingly. So I simply handed her the folders which she checked through and made her notes. I received a commendation for the level of organisation.
Thereafter proceeded to the payment window. I paid with Visa debit for mine and MasterCard for the children. By 1.41pm we’d finished with payment and were asked to wait to be called for our Biometrics which was completed about 2.15pm.
At 2.30pm a caseworker called us to the window and asked us to go have lunch or see a bit of Sheffield and come back in an hours time (i.e 3.30pm). He was very friendly I must say. So we went out, had a stroll and came back at 3.30pm.
At 4.00pm we were again called up and were given the good news with our approval letters and our folders. He said our BRP cards will arrive between 7 – 10 working days.
On checking the folders I discovered the only documents (copies) they took were:

Main Applicant:

1. Application form – SET(O)
2. Passport Photos
3. Copies of current and previous passports
4. 12 months payslips (statement of earnings)
5. 12 month bank statement
6. Life in the UK test pass certificate
7. P60 (3 years)

Children – aged over 18:

1. Application form - SET(O)
2. Passport Photos (2)
3. Copies of current and previous passport
4. Payslips for their part- time work
5. 3 months bank statements
7. Letter from their University (duly stamped)
8. School fees account statement from their University (duly stamped)
9. Letter of Sponsorship from me (mother). They already have my payslips and bank statement.

In all it was a pleasant experience (apart from the cost - the two children had to pay the same fee as me (£1,377.00) and the whole process took exactly 2.5hours. The secret is early preparation and get all your documentation right and well organised.
Once more thank you everyone who has been posting on this forum.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Congratulations ,
How many total absences you had in 5 years period, did you provide any proof of your leaves etc?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 pm

ilrupdates wrote:Congratulations ,
How many total absences you had in 5 years period, did you provide any proof of your leaves etc?
I had 111(one hundred and eleven days) absences in the 5 year period. I did not provide any proof but merely listed the periods (dates) in the form. As Tier 1 General, we are not required to provide any proof.

longhorn1

Sanjit001
Newly Registered

Post by Sanjit001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Congratulation !

I am planning for applying in Person late this month and when I am trying to book appointments online, I am only able to book for myself. When I am trying for myself+2 dependants, I cant see any slot available.

Is there something you had to face in the begining and how did you manage to book?

Thanks in advance!

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Sanjit001 wrote:Congratulation !

I am planning for applying in Person late this month and when I am trying to book appointments online, I am only able to book for myself. When I am trying for myself+2 dependants, I cant see any slot available.

Is there something you had to face in the begining and how did you manage to book?

Thanks in advance!
Since it was 3 individual applications, I had to book 3 separate appointments ( each without dependants). It was difficult getting appointments for the same day and same time slots but after several attempts I eventually succeeded. I tried all the tricks suggested by other applicants. The key is determination and perseverance. I didn't have to pay anybody but kept on trying and eventually got through.Be ready for several sleepless nights though.

Longhorn1

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm

congrats!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Congrats longhorn1! This post will be useful to those who are apply for ILR with adult dependants who are therefore not technically considered dependants.

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Can you please advise me. In section 5 of your dependent's application (finance section), did you put their income (from part time jobs), or did you put your own. Did you give your dependent's bank statements as well.
Regards
Val

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 am

vwhiting wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience.

Can you please advise me. In section 5 of your dependent's application (finance section), did you put their income (from part time jobs), or did you put your own. Did you give your dependent's bank statements as well.
Regards
Val
In section 5.3 I did put their income and also attached their payslips and bank statements (the few they could find). And in 5.4 I stated how much I give them monthly (this doesn't have to be reflected in the bank statements).
I filled this section just to show that they are economically active and not dependent on any public funds. But the decision is actually based on your own earnings.
Hope this helps.

Longhorn1

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Thank you. That is helpful. I was just worried because you have to prove the child is dependent on you and my daughter has a part time job where she earns about 800 per month. I hope that dosn't affect the decision.
Regards

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 am

vwhiting wrote:Thank you. That is helpful. I was just worried because you have to prove the child is dependent on you and my daughter has a part time job where she earns about 800 per month. I hope that dosn't affect the decision.
Regards
One of my daughters earn that much monthly as well on her part time job with Boots and in 5.4 she ticked 'Yes' and said she recives £200.00 stipend from me. She is also doing part-time at Uni (currently in her 3rd year) and lives with the family. Her Bank Statement shows her address as the same as mine. In addition, I also attached a letter and school fees account statement from her school duly stamped. Also attached her NHS card showing her address proving that she still lives with me.
In my letter of sponsorship I stated she is fully dependent on me and she also stated so in her letter.
Her being single and her proof of address should be sufficient to show that she is not yet living an independent life.
At least it worked in my case.

Cheers

longhorn1

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Most appreciated.

longhorn1

Post by longhorn1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

vwhiting wrote:Thank you very much for your help. Most appreciated.
One more thing:
In section 3 - Which Category?
Ensure you tick the last box - 'Other' and state in the box below:
'Dependant of Tier 1 Migrant over 18 years old'.
Also leave section 9 completely blank. It's not applicable in his/her case.

Longhorn1

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Thank you x

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Congratulations longhorn 1. Thank you for posting your experience. Very informative. Enjoy your ILR with your family.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello Longhorn,

Similiar to your case, I had booked myself on 29th april at 11. Using my wife user id i got the same date, same time slot.

As I am going to use set o where the dependant application is also the same, llet me know whether this will be a problem of booking separate appointments.

The PEO where i will be going is solihull.

Were you taking the risk of booking separate for your daughters cos they all will be included in same application.

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 am

Hi Anandh,
Did you manage to get an appointment for yourself as main applicant with your wife as your dependent, or did you book two separate appointments as if they were two main applicants?

I noticed that it seems impossible to book appointments with dependents and would also be hopefully using the solihull office.
Regards
Val

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:44 am

vwhiting wrote:Hi Anandh,
Did you manage to get an appointment for yourself as main applicant with your wife as your dependent, or did you book two separate appointments as if they were two main applicants?

I noticed that it seems impossible to book appointments with dependents and would also be hopefully using the solihull office.
Regards
Val
Hi,

I managed to book two separate appointments only. Although i got main+1dep in croydon, didn't want to take risk there since solihull is the only place where the assess and the payment is taken.

Worst case, i might end up paying separate fees for my wife rather than as dependant which is ok.

Regards
Anandh

abc111
BANNED

Re: ILR Success – Sheffield PEO - Self + 2 over 18 Children

Post by abc111 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 am

longhorn1 wrote:Thank you everyone for the invaluable help and support you provide members and saving us all from cut throat Solicitor fees.
I got my ILR approval yesterday (25/2/20130 at the Sheffield PEO along with my two over 18 dependant daughters. My case was a straightforward one.
HSMP (2years) + T1 General (3years)
Date of EC – 12/2/2008
Date of Arrival in the UK – 3/5/2008
Expiry of current T1 G Resident permits – 06/4/2013
Date of ILR Application – 25/2/2013
Approval date – 25/2/2013
Our appointment was for 1.30pm. Arrived gate about 12.45pm but was allowed in after going through the airport style security checks. We were told to go to the reception window to get our tokens and asked to wait. Exactly 1.31pm I was called to a window for document check. I told the lady I was with my 2 daughters who though applied separately were still dependent on me and asked if we could be seen together by the same case worker. She agreed and thereafter went through our documents. I had prepared 2 sets of folders for each of us (one for original documents and the other for copies) and each document tagged accordingly. So I simply handed her the folders which she checked through and made her notes. I received a commendation for the level of organisation.
Thereafter proceeded to the payment window. I paid with Visa debit for mine and MasterCard for the children. By 1.41pm we’d finished with payment and were asked to wait to be called for our Biometrics which was completed about 2.15pm.
At 2.30pm a caseworker called us to the window and asked us to go have lunch or see a bit of Sheffield and come back in an hours time (i.e 3.30pm). He was very friendly I must say. So we went out, had a stroll and came back at 3.30pm.
At 4.00pm we were again called up and were given the good news with our approval letters and our folders. He said our BRP cards will arrive between 7 – 10 working days.
On checking the folders I discovered the only documents (copies) they took were:

Main Applicant:

1. Application form – SET(O)
2. Passport Photos
3. Copies of current and previous passports
4. 12 months payslips (statement of earnings)
5. 12 month bank statement
7. P60 (3 years)

Children – aged over 18:

1. Application form - SET(O)
2. Passport Photos (2)
3. Copies of current and previous passport
4. Payslips for their part- time work
5. 3 months bank statements
7. Letter from their University (duly stamped)
8. School fees account statement from their University (duly stamped)
9. Letter of Sponsorship from me (mother). They already have my payslips and bank statement.

In all it was a pleasant experience (apart from the cost - the two children had to pay the same fee as me (£1,377.00) and the whole process took exactly 2.5hours. The secret is early preparation and get all your documentation right and well organised.
Once more thank you everyone who has been posting on this forum.
How on earth did you manage to book PEO appointment?