ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,

Main applicant under the Long residence will not be impacted. Because long residence category ILR has nothing to do with the categories in which applicant has spent the time in the UK.
adkh2_1 wrote:i am bit confused here.... i am main applicant i applied for ILR back in sep after spending 8 years on student and 2 years on psw... would this rule effect me or not ???
Current rules in place do allow dependants to amalgamate their stay but not to all categories of Point based system.

I contacted UKBA last year and I was clearly told by the advisor that time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent etc. and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement. Advisor was 100% confident the way she asked me exact dates and categories in which my wife has lived in the UK.

Issue here is that current rules do not mention it clearly but this is the interpretation used by caseworkers which is correct because if time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent and student does not count towards ILR so how come time spent by these dependants will count towards ILR. This was the reason I contacted UKBA to clarify. I did not tell her my interpretation but she said exactly the same I was thinking.

Now this has been made clear in statement of changes which will take effect on 6th April, 2013.

I have noticed in past that some of us got different answers for same query from UKBA but we should note here that all PBS categories are not the same. When contacting UKBA we should mention exact category of PBS (Tier-1 General, Tier -1 PSW etc.)

I think everyone who could be impacted should read the rules themselves and then discuss in the forum because interpretation could be different.

Take care.

Shad
goodmann wrote:dipmm2000d, u quoted 'smshad' as saying "PSW (etc) and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement".

Pls confirm, is this true?
Guys why don't we understand one thing the current rule does not say student dependant are excluded so they have to count it by law and if they refuse court will eventually grant it as per as it is the law and HO are bound by that law.As people are taking the advantage of this law , they placed it before the parliament so that they can refuse after 6 April. This is very simple to understand and HO does lot of mistake like this and correct it subsequently . So whoever can apply before April they will be fine.

inzi2k

home office enquiry bureau 0870 606 7766

Post by inzi2k » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi All,

I applied on 1st August 2012 and submitted biometric on 15 Oct 2012 but still waiting for final decision from HO.

Every time I call home office enquiry bureau at 0870 606 7766 to find out status of my application and then press 4 and then 2 for application waiting more than 6 months, it tells me that Lines are busy and if I want o talk to someone then I have to call back later.

Can someone please give me the right number where I can talk to HO to check the status of my application?

what number do I need to call and what options after that ?

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Jjay2 wrote:Ive been a silent visitor to this forum but found some great tips here.

Application type: ILR Set O 10 year residence route
Applied: 25/09/12
Biometric: 27/11/12

Got a call from UKBA yesterday that my application was approved. Should hopefully receive passport and BRP in the course of next week
@Jjay2 ,

Congratulations:

Can you please tell me which address did you send your letter to expedite your application, or if you sent them an email which address did you use? Or how did you contact UKBA?

thanks

AMH

Re: home office enquiry bureau 0870 606 7766

Post by AMH » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then 4, then 3 and finally press 1(to continue for immigration rules)
If you select an option for more than 6months, it says lines are busy. So select option for immigration rules and operator will answer, tell the operator that you want to check the progress of outstanding application for more than 6months. She will ask for your details like ref no.....
Hope this will help
inzi2k wrote:Hi All,

I applied on 1st August 2012 and submitted biometric on 15 Oct 2012 but still waiting for final decision from HO.

Every time I call home office enquiry bureau at 0870 606 7766 to find out status of my application and then press 4 and then 2 for application waiting more than 6 months, it tells me that Lines are busy and if I want o talk to someone then I have to call back later.

Can someone please give me the right number where I can talk to HO to check the status of my application?

what number do I need to call and what options after that ?

7A8M6H

nats

Post by nats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm

i hope this could be the reason. applying by post b4 6 april would be ok or it depends if application is decided b4 6th April?
dipmm2000d wrote:

Main applicant under the Long residence will not be impacted. Because long residence category ILR has nothing to do with the categories in which applicant has spent the time in the UK.
adkh2_1 wrote:i am bit confused here.... i am main applicant i applied for ILR back in sep after spending 8 years on student and 2 years on psw... would this rule effect me or not ???
Current rules in place do allow dependants to amalgamate their stay but not to all categories of Point based system.

I contacted UKBA last year and I was clearly told by the advisor that time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent etc. and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement. Advisor was 100% confident the way she asked me exact dates and categories in which my wife has lived in the UK.

Issue here is that current rules do not mention it clearly but this is the interpretation used by caseworkers which is correct because if time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent and student does not count towards ILR so how come time spent by these dependants will count towards ILR. This was the reason I contacted UKBA to clarify. I did not tell her my interpretation but she said exactly the same I was thinking.

Now this has been made clear in statement of changes which will take effect on 6th April, 2013.

I have noticed in past that some of us got different answers for same query from UKBA but we should note here that all PBS categories are not the same. When contacting UKBA we should mention exact category of PBS (Tier-1 General, Tier -1 PSW etc.)

I think everyone who could be impacted should read the rules themselves and then discuss in the forum because interpretation could be different.

Take care.

Shad
Guys why don't we understand one thing the current rule does not say student dependant are excluded so they have to count it by law and if they refuse court will eventually grant it as per as it is the law and HO are bound by that law.As people are taking the advantage of this law , they placed it before the parliament so that they can refuse after 6 April. This is very simple to understand and HO does lot of mistake like this and correct it subsequently . So whoever can apply before April they will be fine.

nats

Post by nats » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:46 pm

anyone with similar experience or knowledge!!! will one month low income (less than £18600) due to maternity leave will be an issue for Financial Requirements of FLR(m) ? will they consider savings of £3000 instead of that month salary?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:43 pm

nats wrote:anyone with similar experience or knowledge!!! will one month low income (less than £18600) due to maternity leave will be an issue for Financial Requirements of FLR(m) ? will they consider savings of £3000 instead of that month salary?
Follow this post.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

andie_83

Re: Calling all July applicants

Post by andie_83 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Calling all applicants who applied from July 2012 please update whether you have received your documents yet.

I am still waiting and losing my patience....

Yah, I am a July applicant and waiting too....

goodmann

Main Applicant Under 10yr Rule

Post by goodmann » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Smshad I agree with you. As long as one has been here legally for a continous 10-yr period, it should be ok. PSW, Fresh Talent, Student Leave to Remains are legal, arent they? UKBA should pls make life easy for us now. I read in news people do 'false marriages' to get ILR. I'm certain not all of them would have been caught. So HO should encourage legitimate route seekers like us.

Take care.

Shad
goodmann wrote:dipmm2000d, u quoted 'smshad' as saying "PSW (etc) and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement".

Pls confirm, is this true?
We Live by God's Grace

manwar

Minor changes from 6april 2013

Post by manwar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am

Does anyone know what minor changes HO are bringing? they are changing and relaxing in some routes. Not sure what changes in long residency

manwar

Last biometric date

Post by manwar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am

HI,
Cant remember which date i went to croydon to give my biometric. It was definitely after 5th May2011. In the form it asks for last biometric details and date?

Hyper-PK

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

Post by Hyper-PK » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 am

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

still haven't heard back anything from HO yet. Called HO a couple of times however no info. I have also contacted my MP last week and hopefully will get any response soon. I will let you know guys once i receive anything.

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue)
Due to Bank Hol payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
Biometric letter : received on 23/10/12 (dated 20/10/12)
biometric done : 24/10/12
passport/bio card received : waiting

Jjay2
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

stoorrey wrote:
Jjay2 wrote:Ive been a silent visitor to this forum but found some great tips here.

Got a call from UKBA yesterday that my application was approved. Should hopefully receive passport and BRP in the course of next week
@Jjay2 ,

Congratulations:

Can you please tell me which address did you send your letter to expedite your application, or if you sent them an email which address did you use? Or how did you contact UKBA?

thanks
I wrote to POBox 306 Liverpool L2 0QN, when I didnt hear anything back after a week, I faxed another letter to the fax number provided on page 272 of this thread (sorry i dont have it on hand but you can look for it. its between 272 - 276)

Jjay2
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 am

I received my passport and approval letter this morning. waiting for BRP

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:57 am

Jjay2 wrote:

Congratulations...
What was the reason to expedite your case?

kjess
Newly Registered

Re: Calling all July applicants

Post by kjess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 am

Me too... However, I have a feeling that the passport's gonna come back soon... fingers crossed.
andie_83 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Calling all applicants who applied from July 2012 please update whether you have received your documents yet.

I am still waiting and losing my patience....

Yah, I am a July applicant and waiting too....

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 pm

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/

You can change your address with UKBA application online through this link

Jjay2
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay2 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Jjay2 wrote:

Received my BRP card just a while ago

Someone with access my update the sky drive with my dates

Applied 25/09/12
Biometric letter received 26/11/12 dated 25/11/12
Biometric done 27/11/12
Approval letter dated: 14/03/13 received 18/03/13
BRP card received: 18/03/13

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:22 pm

phoned UKBA , waited 20 mins, and got the robotic message 'your application is not completed yet and you have to wait until UKBA contacts you'. WTF. I AM BORDERLINE SUICIDAL WAITING FOR SO LONG!!!!!

downlights

Post by downlights » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:20 pm

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:54 pm

I called UKBA today after 8 months wait. I have been told that my application is in Q and need to be looked at and status is incomplete. I need to carry on waiting till a final decision is made.

Really frustrating...

missniu
Newly Registered

Post by missniu » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi there,

What is the best way to contact MP? By phone, post or email?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:21 pm

missniu wrote:Hi there,

What is the best way to contact MP? By phone, post or email?

Thanks
Either ways but I think meeting them in person would add some weight to your case.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Savali
Newly Registered

Petition

Post by Savali » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 pm