ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal threshold in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mirzhar

Criminal threshold in Ireland

Post by mirzhar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Dear All

I was wondering if some one have the info regarding criminal threshold in Ireland.

I have EUFAM 4 since 2008 and now i am going to apply for Citizenship based on 5 year residence . I have one drink and drive and care less driving conviction and ban for driving for 4 years just recently for not giving breath sample only.. long story

2nd my wife is on job seeker benefit just recently applied and i am not working too at the moment and trying to find job in all this mess still i keep my hopes high ?

thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Criminal threshold in Ireland

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:18 pm

mirzhar wrote:Dear All

I was wondering if some one have the info regarding criminal threshold in Ireland.

I have EUFAM 4 since 2008 and now i am going to apply for Citizenship based on 5 year residence . I have one drink and drive and care less driving conviction and ban for driving for 4 years just recently for not giving breath sample only.. long story
I'll encourage you to apply but you must know that its in the Ministers absolute discretion to grant or refuse citizenship.

Given that you had these offenses, your citizenship application will take longer than other to process but if you were ever gonna be granted a citizenship, its with this Minister so you better apply.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 pm

mirzhar wrote:2nd my wife is on job seeker benefit just recently applied and i am not working too at the moment and trying to find job in all this mess still i keep my hopes high ?
Your wife's application will have absolutely nothing to do with you in terms of decision. Your offenses will not affect her at all and her application may be decided within 6 months time.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:22 pm

mirzhar wrote:2nd my wife is on job seeker benefit just recently applied and i am not working too at the moment and trying to find job in all this mess still i keep my hopes high ?
Being on Social welfare will not affect your application nor your wife's application as long as you're entitled to it.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Integreted Member

Thank you very much yes i will but shall i apply for PR as well or i can apply either citizenship or PR

I am EUFAM4 what is next stage after 5 yr continue residency

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 pm

mirzhar wrote:Integreted Member

Thank you very much yes i will but shall i apply for PR as well or i can apply either citizenship or PR

I am EUFAM4 what is next stage after 5 yr continue residency
You're welcome.

Yes you can apply for both if you want. (Citizenship and/or Permanent Residence)