ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

labelle

Post by labelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

easy77 wrote:Can anyone please tell me an email address or postal address to use so ukba can make decision on my friend's zambrano asap.

I apologise guys, I have internet issues , and I have to go to the library to be able to connect now and the library is not close to my place of residence, so I have not be as active as i want to.

I believe writing to rob whiteman email address should help, and if possible get your mp involves,the mostannoying thing is wait all this while to be refused(not saying it will happen) , if you know your decisions , you can at least take the next move.
PEACE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF TROUBLE BUT THE PRESENCE OF JESUS CHRIST.

labelle

Post by labelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 am

sarahassy wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:I applied in nov 2012 as well. I was sent the new forms which I filled and returned in december. I haven't heard anything from them not even a replacement COA. Mennnn, I am tired of waiting I also don't know what to do anymore
Ok us wait let for two more weeks,there might be some positive response.
`sarahassy, you need to send an email to rob whiteman, and copy tour mp in, I promise it will get things going.all the best

labelle

Post by labelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 am

Prince74 wrote:
wiggsy wrote:did you remember to send in letters supporting your claim as primary carer...?

- i popped round the doctors today and my kids didnt have any details for next of kin / emergency contact etc on their records... was simply a note "mother and father = XXXX and XXX also registered at surgery"...

I asked them to update the file. (the lady behind the desk didnt wana show me their records, but i told her under the DPA I have a right to see as the parent of them... - she got the practice manager who told her "Hes right... he can view the information on the screen if he wants to"...

Im wondering if the fact that my wife (and only my wife) is recorded as contact details on their files would help with the claim of Primary carer...
The nursery manager refused to write a letter (said the board wont allow her to) confirming details... So ive wrote a letter (from my wife) for a DPA release as to my daughter... requesting a copy of all register files, all info held on daughter, and my wife has signed the letter giving consent to have her information shared etc blah blah... (data protection act is good :) ) - this will provide a letter from nursery stating see attached files

along with copy of register stating who dropped daughter off, what time, and who collected... (although its got other kids names on)

we cant remember if it was my details and wifes or just her details on nursery form though...

SureStart centre is getting us a "Support Worker" to come out... My wife is good "friends" with one of the ladies there - she even attended out wedding... - she knows my wife as the primary carer - my daughter has gone to the centre for parent / toddler / baby etc groups since being about six months old (around 3 years). the surestart centre register is pretty much the same as nursery, and its entered into a record for my daughter with who brought her, what time, and time out ETC. - so the lady said she can easily print off all of these for us - but said might be an idea to wait until support worker calls etc... (hopefully she'll be popping in friday - or we pop up there for meeting...)

If this DRC application fails, will be better prepared for next one, and plan to have enough evidence for court...

Although, we already provided tax credits letters, photos ETC. we wanna be safe... so been thinking of all the evidence possible for this... (it took nursery manager two months to come back to us with a "no" answer)... but im willing to pay a tenner for a DPA release... - shame though, because it'll cause her so much more work redacting the names of all the other kids than to write a letter stating facts of "XX is the primary carer in my opinion because: 1) she brings and collects child from school. 2) child is constantly talking about mother, 3) mother attended paret meeting alone, 4) mother attended easter bonnet parade alone " ETC (having to work to provide for family = sacrafices...) but im clearly not the primary carer my wife does a hell of a lot more for kids than i COULD do.

remember guys - EVIDENTIAL FLEXIBILITY...
The search for "evidence" doesnt end when you post the application... evidence can be submitted for consideration straight up until the decision is made! = a slight "insignificant thing" could mean your application succeeds when otherwise it wouldnt of... :)
I may be overly pessimistic, but in Zambrano cases if there is an EXEMPT person that can care for the child, the application would fail. This is the UKBA's understanding. For those of us who have made or about to make application on the basis of Zambrano judgment, prepare yourselves for refusal and then get ready to challenge the refusal at the Tribunal.
wiggsy, did the nursery refused to provide you a letter? :shock:

Omonilollyjoor
Newly Registered

Re: Zambrano

Post by Omonilollyjoor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 am

Hi everyone, I have been following all post related to Zambrano on this forum and come to realised some facts that many application that has been refused are due to the fact that applicant has made mention of another person as partner, living together,
When Zambrano came out it says we should present three things

Evidence of that the child is a British citizen which I believe should be the child's passport.
Evidence of ur relationship with the child, which also should be the child full birth certificate showing ur name and that of the child, including ur nationality.
Evidence of the level of dependent the British citizen has on you, other related document that has to show only ur name and that of the child or where u are been addressed as the "carer of".

The scope says the application can only be granted where there is no other person to look after the child in the uk, 2 friends that applied as single mothers has been granted DRC because her application was based on herself and the child alone.

In some cases where spouse are involved and some reasons why they can considered them is if the partner who is British is in prison, severely disabled, he is living in a care setting etc. pls pls go and read the scope of Zambrano once again

We have so many rubbish lawyers out there who want to get money out us because they ve seen our frustration and desperation to get our papers. My friends did there application without the help of a lawyer, they just follow instruction on the Internet. This is just an advice. Thank you

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:15 am

Are you really sure it was DRC and not DLR your friends applied? Those who applied as single parents based on zambrano still got refused. To have a British child means one parent is British whether you mention it or not. That is their basis for saying there is an alternative carer. A return to sender letter cannot prove he is unable to care for my child. I just don't want to have anything to do with him. How can one possibly proof this? If he is in prison or disabled, I don't know. Ukba should fish for that information if they really want.
Last edited by mam2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
papa2

mam2

Post by mam2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:25 am

As at now, I think the best route with a British child is Ex 1 under immigration rules. But I'm certain that this zambrano criteria will change as people appeal in court.
A lot of us applied before they released the caseworker guidelines so we had already submitted based on the previous guidelines. What they need to do is to request for more evidence then at least we know where we fall short.
Im not virgin Mary so definitely my child has a biological father but where is he? The child having a British passport does not mean the father applied for it for him/her. As long as you have the father's passport details,we can also apply passport on behalf of the father for the child.
Trust me, things will change sooner or later.
papa2

Omonilollyjoor
Newly Registered

Re:Zambrano

Post by Omonilollyjoor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 am

We did the application together just that mine was refused at first because I did not include my passport. Then I reapplied again january2013. Their application was october2011

mam2

Re:Zambrano

Post by mam2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 am

Omonilollyjoor wrote:We did the application together just that mine was refused at first because I did not include my passport. Then I reapplied again january2013. Their application was october2011
When were they granted their DRC? When did you get your refusal?
papa2

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

@Omonilollyjoor, when did they apply for their visa?

djman
Newly Registered

zambrano

Post by djman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:27 pm

hello everyone i am a newbie, but av been following the post a long time,omonilollyjoor is right, when i first applied,i applied and dint explain to them about d position of my ex partner, my application was returned invalid, as they assume i still live with d father of my child or still contact him then i made another application with an oics registered immigration adviser,explaining to them that the father of my child is not in our lives n that he doesn't provide support and all that and he has not been in contact. And she advised that i should get some friends and not any family to confirm to this, with their copy of signed passport. Within 3 weeks i cot a coa.
So basically i think we need more evidence to say why d other parent cant care for the child rather than providing evidence about primary carer.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:44 pm

Prince74 wrote:
I may be overly pessimistic, but in Zambrano cases if there is an EXEMPT person that can care for the child, the application would fail. This is the UKBA's understanding. For those of us who have made or about to make application on the basis of Zambrano judgment, prepare yourselves for refusal and then get ready to challenge the refusal at the Tribunal.
I have supplied plenty of medical evidence that I cannot care for the children (remember: one child is hard - two harder... - not only that - but can a child enjoy their rights if their father cannot take them to the park, play with them, etc... all the things that their mother can.)

I am preparing for court... but i dont think it will be that hard of a fight with the evidece available :)

in addition - i have a child from a previous relationship which would obviously suffer should our family unit be required to leave the UK to maintain a family life... - there is no way for our family to excersise a substantial family life right OUTSIDE of the uk... :)

[edit]
BTW: the new guidance doesn't prevent a zambrano ruling in favor merely because there is an alternative... note the use of OR - section 12 b.i of their rules has no mention to excempt persons, and neither does the EEA regulations... prevent the possibility... - therefore Euro can refuse to confirm, but who are they to do so, a court will look at the case law and override it...
12. A primary carer is defined in regulation 15A(7) as:
a. a direct family member or legal guardian of the person from whom they
would claim a derivative right, and
b. the person who:
i. has primary responsibility for that person‟s care, or
ii. shares the responsibility for that person‟s care equally with one
other person who is not an exempt person
Article 20 TFEU is to be interpreted as meaning that it precludes a Member State from refusing a
third country national upon whom his minor children, who are European Union citizens, are
dependent, a right of residence in the Member State of residence and nationality of those children,
and from refusing to grant a work permit to that third country national, in so far as such decisions
deprive those children of the genuine enjoyment
of the substance of the rights attaching to the
status of European Union citizen.
also note article 24 TFEU:
Article 24 - The rights of the child
Children shall have the right to such protection and care as is necessary for their well-being.
They may express their views freely. Such views shall be taken into consideration on matters which
concern them in accordance with their age and maturity.
In all actions relating to children, whether taken by public authorities or private institutions,
the child's best interests must be a primary consideration.
Every child shall have the right to maintain on regular basis a personal relationship and
direct contact with both his or her parents, unless that is contrary to his or her interests.
This is very simular to United Nations Convention Rights of the Child (which is INTERNATIONAL LAW - and not only EU law)
http://www.crae.org.uk/rights/uncrc.html

Note the right of a child to be cared for by BOTH parents... If the zambrano ruling (in the eyes of the UK) rules out a child with two parents, one of whom is British or able to remain in the UK - then this means that the UK have decided to freely break this International law (which knowing UKBA is a great possibility).

N

easy77

Post by easy77 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 am

Its good to hear that people are being issued a zambrano drc without an appeal. I personally do not like dealing with immigration lawyers because of my personally experience with them they almost made me lose my PR, i had to use wisdom and with the knowledge i gathered from this discussion board i was able to actively participate and decide what my solicitor does about my case. All they care about is the money and they are happy when cases go to appeal as it means more money for them from one applicant. Thank God and members of this forum i have my british passport today. Hence i am kind of keen to help those around me avoid what i went through.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 am

My friend has contacted rob whiteman for the second time and all she gets is an automated reply. She is thinking of sending a third email today, its really kind of fustrating. I am sure she will be issued with zambrano as there is recent evidence that the child's father is no longer in the Uk/Eu, d child is british & needs medical care in Uk, some of the medical letters sent with the application states the mother's first name as the person they are in contact with & makes decision for the child (they discussed the treatment options with her). Though the father pays child support which she's got bank letters dated 2012 to prove this, she is also self employed and pays her NI and taxes (though she did not submit these financial evidence as she applied early 2012 before the guidance came out in dec 2012). I have adviced her to post these to Ukba asap with a cover letter explaining her situation in details and prompting them to make a decision immediately. Even if a decision is made today the only evidence absent (with them) is d financial evidence, it will be interesting to see them refuse her based on that. But she's actually got proof of that. So fingers crossed....

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

easy77 wrote:Its good to hear that people are being issued a zambrano drc without an appeal. I personally do not like dealing with immigration lawyers because of my personally experience with them they almost made me lose my PR, i had to use wisdom and with the knowledge i gathered from this discussion board i was able to actively participate and decide what my solicitor does about my case. All they care about is the money and they are happy when cases go to appeal as it means more money for them from one applicant. Thank God and members of this forum i have my british passport today. Hence i am kind of keen to help those around me avoid what i went through.
Your are very on point.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 am

easy77 wrote:My friend has contacted rob whiteman for the second time and all she gets is an automated reply.
Well, FYI, I contacted rob whiteman a few days ago... (two emails on monday, and one in early hours of tuesday) i got the following response:

Subject: RE: Complaints - Updated List.... Including breaches of FOI Act by UKBA...
From: Whiteman Rob (Submissions) (WhitemanRobSubmissions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)
To: <MEEEE>; WhitemanRobSubmissions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk;
Cc: UKBACust1568@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; Nadhim.zahawi.mp@parliament.uk;
Date: Tuesday, 9 April 2013, 9:56

Dear ..........

Thank you for your three emails to Rob Whiteman. I have passed your queries to the relevant caseworking team and have asked them to make contact with you directly in response to your concerns.

Kind regards

Sanaya Setna
Assistant Private Secretary to Rob Whiteman
Home Office
1st Floor Seacole, 2 Marsham Street, SW1P 4DF
I obviously dont feel that this response was justified as my letters were (as noted in this email) aimed directly at ROB WHITEMAN.

ALSO NOTE THE CC: email in her email!
that has been altered from UKBACustomerComplaints to UKBACust1568@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - might be worth noting down guys :)

I will be putting the letters I sent onto my thread later, but they are just massive letters outlining that im absolutely p'd off with them. in more ways than one. - regarding the way they think they can speak to my wife, lack of following the law, and so on. - in addition to providing links to case law and reiterating my wifes right to live here by virtue of my being an eea national upon return from finland (it states nowhere that there is a time limit for how long this will apply for)

Supprisingly, I woke up and the postman had brought a nice package inside:

My passport, my daughters and our two kids birth certificates...
unsupprisingly, they have held my wifes passport and our marriage certificate...

to which I have sent a nice letter to them today reitterating my complaints - reaffiming that to hold the passport of my primary carer, in addition to the primary carer of british children also hinders the free movement - and essentially also breaches United Nations Treaties.

(i did write about three pages of how easy it will be to go to Ireland, work and come back, but cut it to a seperate document - zambrano is based on removal from the EEA - so if i can go to ireland with my wife... then im not being removed from the EEA...

I also noticed in the back of my daughters passport:
Emergency contact details:
My name, my telephone number!!!!
so to clear any doubts included the following (dont want something silly like this to go against her claim of being Primary Carer):
I thought I would take this opportunity to explain the following too (just to clarify, although it is not necessary – I would like to clear up any misunderstandings that may arise: before the fact). I am sure you have seen the “Emergency Contact Details” page of my daughters passport (number xxxxxx). The name listed as an emergency contact detail is my own name (xxxxxxxx) for the following reason:
My daughter is only three years old. The passport will expire when she is five years old. Our daughter would not be travelling without my wife anywhere that this passport would be used.
My wife xxxxx is the Primary Carer of xxxx and will therefore always be present with our daughter. However, I may not be. Knowing that this will be the case, and knowing that my own passport (you have also seen this passport – number xxxxx) has many alterations to the “Emergency Contact Details” page, we have reserved the space for when the details are required. (you can clearly see that my own passport contact details page is already full – and it is not possible to add additional information). Due to numerous address changes by relatives ETC. In light of the above – It would have been pointless to state my wife's name on our daughters passport.
As in any emergency, my wife would already be with our daughter.

progeny5kay

reconsideration frequest

Post by progeny5kay » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 am

Can anyone please advice me, I have applied for my passport but I just want to ask when sending the reconsideration request do I need to send my documents and passport back to them or just letter to request reconsideration and also am worried if am sending my passport they might hold on to it as they are making this an habit now????

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I would say if you have no other leave to remain, UKBA WILL HOLD YOUR PASSPORT IF THEY RECEIVE IT.

This is the basis for many of my complaints with them... They have also withheld our marriage certificate, due to the obvious Singh route - which they are aware we clearly know about.

I say UKBA WILL MAKE LIFE AS DIFFICAULT AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU.

(I am really sorry for this, and whilst this is my own belief... im sure others will agree)

If you said apply, do you mean a new passport from your embassy...

DO NOT SEND IT TO THEM IF UKBA HOLD YOUR OLD ONE. YOUR OLD PASSPORT IS PROOF OF IDENTITY - JUST REFER TO THE PASSPORT THEY HOLD - WHICH IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED!

evie233
Mood:

Post by evie233 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm

wiggsy wrote:I would say if you have no other leave to remain, UKBA WILL HOLD YOUR PASSPORT IF THEY RECEIVE IT.

This is the basis for many of my complaints with them... They have also withheld our marriage certificate, due to the obvious Singh route - which they are aware we clearly know about.

I say UKBA WILL MAKE LIFE AS DIFFICAULT AS POSSIBLE FOR YOU.

(I am really sorry for this, and whilst this is my own belief... im sure others will agree)

If you said apply, do you mean a new passport from your embassy...

DO NOT SEND IT TO THEM IF UKBA HOLD YOUR OLD ONE. YOUR OLD PASSPORT IS PROOF OF IDENTITY - JUST REFER TO THE PASSPORT THEY HOLD - WHICH IS ALL THAT IS REQUIRED!
Wiggsy, what if the passport with ukba has expired, do I need to give them the renewed one?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 pm

my wifes passport has already expired.

they still refused to release it.

DO NOT MENTION THE PASSPORT - ALSO DO NOT LIE!

Write a covering letter stating. My passport with the number of XXXX expired on xxxx. UKBA hold this document with them (at what i assume would still be the European office). On this basis, UKBA are more than able to confirm my Identification by locating this document.

If you lie, its false representations - and can go against you. Its not a crime to withhold information ETC...

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Hmmmm I also sent an email to rob white 2weeks ago explaining my situation since 2011 that I haven't being issued a drc since then and my coa expired in december 2012. This morning I saw a replacement coa through the post valid for another 6 months stating that a decision will be reached between 6 months. Can u imagine COA at this stage after waiting for almost two years now. Do u think the response was due to the email I sent to rob. Meanwhile I never received any reply from him may be its just a coincidence but then I'm fed. I'm expecting my DRC and not a third COA. Hmmmm God u just have to intervene.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:Hmmmm I also sent an email to rob white 2weeks ago explaining my situation since 2011 that I haven't being issued a drc since then and my coa expired in december 2012. This morning I saw a replacement coa through the post valid for another 6 months stating that a decision will be reached between 6 months. Can u imagine COA at this stage after waiting for almost two years now. Do u think the response was due to the email I sent to rob. Meanwhile I never received any reply from him may be its just a coincidence but then I'm fed. I'm expecting my DRC and not a third COA. Hmmmm God u just have to intervene.
keep emailing hammering the nail hard... look at it this way. you want one of two things now: both will help

For them to accept and confirm and send the DRC. (prefered)
to refuse... so you can go to appeal (and the law is on "our" side)

this is the reason that ukba are doing nothing...

do not be afraid to p*** them off... anything they can possibly do to us will actually HELP. (I believe it was Obie that first said this to me, and he was right... - obviously... though,.. the choice is yours to make!)

My wife is in a more positive position with our case, as should ukba try to deport her, I can use my EU rights to go to another eu country with her and rest of family...

Note this email I sent to UKBA on friday:

Subject:

Re: FAO: Rob Whiteman - UKBA. - Various Complaints

To: Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk;
Cc: Nadhim.zahawi.mp@parliament.uk; solvit@tem.fi;

Date: Friday, 12 April 2013, 17:13

Mr xx
(FULL ADDRESS)

Date: As Emailed

FAO: Rob Whiteman / NWEURO8 Team
CC: Nadhim Zahawi (MP) / Paula Scott (Senior Case Worker) / Finnish Solvit

* MP Ref: xxxx
* Home Office Ref: (Its a long reference) - Mrs x- Royal Mail Package:
x (Delivered on 15th Jan 2013) HO Ref: x and Case ID: x

Dear Sir(s)

I am still awaiting a response to my previous five messages addressed for the attention of Rob Whiteman. I reitterated my complaint to UKBA with a rather lengthy - and detailed letter 10th April 2013, and also again on my letter dated 11th April that was emailed slightly past midnight on the 12th April 2013 (Today). I note that it is now past 5pm, and I have had no response from yourselves via email, telephone or any other form. With the lack of other written correspondance to my complaints I therefore assume that once again my messages have been completely ignored - yet again.

I understand that Rob Whiteman would be a busy man. However, this is his job. This is the position he accepted as his career. Ultimately he makes decisions that affect many family's who reside within the United Kingdom - on behalf of the Secetary of State for the Home Department.

I would think that with the numerous failures to respond to my messages, that the man would be able to make five minutes to write a quick email. Or even take five minutes to give instruction to his secetary. Instead of the complaint being refered back to the department of which the complaint is regarding!

Your's

Mr ....
Litterally five minutes later this arrived in my inbox:
Subject: RE: FAO: Rob Whiteman - UKBA. - Various Complaints
From: Whiteman Rob (Submissions) (WhitemanRobSubmissions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk)
To: **** ME *****; WhitemanRobSubmissions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; EREC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk; UKBACust1568@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk;
Cc: Nadhim.zahawi.mp@parliament.uk; solvit@tem.fi;
Date: Friday, 12 April 2013, 17:18

Mr xxxxx

I can assure you that this office is making extensive enquiries into your case. We have as you state, received numerous emails from yourself and we are working through them and through the history of your wife’s application. We will respond to you next week and I thank you for your patience in this matter, to enable us to adequately respond

Kind regards

Sanaya Setna
Assistant Private Secretary to Rob Whiteman
Home Office
1st Floor Seacole, 2 Marsham Street, SW1P 4DF
I note: Im now at my wits end with this whole deal... I have accepted that UKBA are not going to make things easy so all I want at this point is for them to return my wifes passport. We will then move to Ireland and work/reside there. - Heck, We may not even bother returning to the UK to reside. - with the very relative short distance to Ireland, I can still maintain the contact I currently have with my other son - by fortnightly trips back to the UK.
My wife has an extensive network of friends, and we can easily find work. I could of already started one job, but they wouldnt return my passport until a couple of days ago so it messed things up...

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm

@wiggsy,
Have u finally received your passport?
If they say next week,its just around de corner so let's wait and see what they would do. I'm sure they would grant your wife so you would leave them. They are under pressure and that's what they don't like.
papa2

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 pm

they posted out my passport and daughters on the 9th, after a very attacking email i sent to UKBA's rob whiteman outlining the problems and reitterating it again... (three in total)..

It arrived on thursday... they have still withheld my wifes passport and our marriage certificate... I outlined that i wanted these returing too. well, not fussed so much about the marriage cert, i got a copy from church for a tenner - we went to the indonesian embassy to try and get a new passport, so needed it... but they wont issue her a passport if we dont have the old one OR we need to report it as lost/stolen to the police (which is a crime if its a lie)

Im updating my own post with a few emails, ill put the link in a minute or so... but theres lots of laws which are relevant to Zambrano... - ensure you bring them up in any application:
United nations rights of the child
Article 24 TFEU.
Section 55..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 337#824337

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Just wondering how many other members on this forum are having their passport illegally retained by UKBA ?

Perhaps a nice letter reminding them of this:
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/10/ ... rt-by-eco/

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 pm

wiggsy wrote:Just wondering how many other members on this forum are having their passport illegally retained by UKBA ?

Perhaps a nice letter reminding them of this:
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2011/10/ ... rt-by-eco/
Thanks wiggsy for your advice. I will keep hamering them. I got married on the 4th of april to an eu citizen. I am thinking may be I should request for my passport and that of my daughter and apply as the spouse of an Eu. I wanted to wait for the DRC before so that I can get something's sorted like opening an account,get a job, getting a driving licence and registering at a university before sending my passport back to get the spouse one (EEA2)'because you cannt tell when the decision will be reached and time is going. I'm confused now please I need advice on what you think I should do. Thank you all