ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved at Croydon PEO on 19/04/13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

techie78

ILR approved at Croydon PEO on 19/04/13

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:45 pm

All,

Happy to share that i was granted ILR today at Croydon PEO. I would like to thank everybody in this forum who answered multiple (silly) queries of mine.

My Details:

EC date: 2/5/2008 - Work Permit
Entered UK: 2/6/2008
Moved to PBS Tier 2 ICT in 2011
Current visa valid till 2nd June 2013

I applied early using the delayed entry concession - i.e. if you delayed your entry to UK after EC, and it is less than 90 days, then the duration between EC clearance and entry can be counted towards 5 year calculation

I read in one of the message that Croydon PEO has changed the process and now you do not get to meet the Case worker.. and have to submit all documents to the person who is registering your case. So i had prepared my documents as below

I had 5 A4 document holders with cover page detailing the contents

Document Set 1:
• Appointment Letter
• Set(0) form – Completed with Photographs
• Passports - Main Applicant + 2 Dependents
• Biometric Residence Permits – 3

Document Set 2:
• Original Work Permit Letter
• Life in UK – Main Applicant + Dependent
• 12 month Payslip
• Bank Statements
• 4 years P60
• Employer Reference Letter - with SOC , title, pay and also that i will be employed for foreseeable future
• Employer Letter for absences from UK in last 5 years - 110 in total
o One for all Business/Official Trips
o One for all Paid annual leaves

Document Set 3:

Cohabitation Documents
• Letters with both names
o Tenancy agreement
o UK Birth certificate
o Marriage Certificate
• Main Applicant
o Council Tax letter
o Residency letter from Council for 3 years
o EON utility bill
o NI Letter
o Letter from Letting agency
• Dependent
o Driving test certificate
o NHS Letters
o NI Letter
o Bank Statements
o Pay slip
• Dependent Birth Certificate

DOcument Set 4: <did not use>

Additional Documents:

Savings account statement
Degree certificates

Document set 5: < Photocopies of all documents>

My appointment was at 8.45.. wanted to reach by 8.15.. but got delayed due to traffic and reached Croydon only by 8.40am.. Once you clear security, you are given token number and sent to 3rd floor..

Once in 3rd floor.. you are sent to waiting area and asked to wait till your token number is called. Once you are called, you are asked to pay first and then wait in the same room for your case to be registered. During teh case registration, you are requested to share all the documents that you want to submit ( i submitted 4 of my document folder , i did not submit the additional documents)..

Once registered, You are asked to procced for Biometrics.. and then sent back to waiting area.. then the long wait starts.. but you do get to see how your case is progressing from Biometrics -> awaiting consideration -> Under consideration-> Ready for collection -> your number is called to counter number 43 to collect documents

The lady confirmed that everything is well and you have been granted residency and your biometrics will arrive in 5-7 working days.

All originals were returned and all photocopies were taken.

No interaction with case worker.. just the long wait.. but all is well that ends well..

I was out by 12.30pm.. everybody at UKBA office were very polite.. overall very nervous but good experience..

Now wait for Biometrics card starts.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR approved at Croydon PEO on 19/04/13

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 pm

techie78 wrote:All,

Happy to share that i was granted ILR today at Croydon PEO. I would like to thank everybody in this forum who answered multiple (silly) queries of mine.

My Details:

I applied early using the delayed entry concession - i.e. if you delayed your entry to UK after EC, and it is less than 90 days, then the duration between EC clearance and entry can be counted towards 5 year calculation

I read in one of the message that Croydon PEO has changed the process and now you do not get to meet the Case worker.. and have to submit all documents to the person who is registering your case. So i had prepared my documents as below

Document Set 1:
• Appointment Letter

Document Set 2:
• 12 month Payslip
• Bank Statements
• 4 years P60
• Employer Reference Letter - with SOC , title, pay and also that i will be employed for foreseeable future

Document Set 3:

Cohabitation Documents
o Tenancy agreement
o UK Birth certificate
o Marriage Certificate
• Main Applicant
o Council Tax letter
o EON utility bill
o NI Letter
• Dependent
o NHS Letters
o NI Letter
o Bank Statements
o Pay slip

Additional Documents:

Degree certificates

My appointment was at 8.45.. wanted to reach by 8.15.. but got delayed due to traffic and reached Croydon only by 8.40am.. Once you clear security, you are given token number and sent to 3rd floor..

Once in 3rd floor.. you are sent to waiting area and asked to wait till your token number is called. Once you are called, you are asked to pay first and then wait in the same room for your case to be registered. During teh case registration, you are requested to share all the documents that you want to submit ( i submitted 4 of my document folder , i did not submit the additional documents)..

Once registered, You are asked to procced for Biometrics.. and then sent back to waiting area.. then the long wait starts.. but you do get to see how your case is progressing from Biometrics -> awaiting consideration -> Under consideration-> Ready for collection -> your number is called to counter number 43 to collect documents

The lady confirmed that everything is well and you have been granted residency and your biometrics will arrive in 5-7 working days.

No interaction with case worker.. just the long wait.. but all is well that ends well..

I was out by 12.30pm.. everybody at UKBA office were very polite.. overall very nervous but good experience..

Congratulations Mate. 4 Hour wait was worth it. You have had all the documents required. Thank you for posting your Experience.Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Congratulations! Regarding SOC code on employer letter was it as per 2010 ?

techie78

Re: ILR approved at Croydon PEO on 19/04/13

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
techie78 wrote:All,

My Details:

Document Set 1:
• Appointment Letter

Document Set 2:
• 12 month Payslip
• Bank Statements
• 4 years P60

Document Set 3:

Cohabitation Documents
o Tenancy agreement
o UK Birth certificate
o Marriage Certificate
• Main Applicant
o Council Tax letter
o EON utility bill
o NI Letter
• Dependent
o NHS Letters
o NI Letter
o Bank Statements
o Pay slip

Additional Documents:

Degree certificates

Congratulations Mate. 4 Hour wait was worth it. You have had all the documents required. Thank you for posting your Experience.Enjoy your ILR.
Thanks Kevin.. special thanks to you as well..

techie78

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 pm

dk2011 wrote:Congratulations! Regarding SOC code on employer letter was it as per 2010 ?
Yes.. employer letter had 2010 SOC code...

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Dear techie78,
Congratulations. Can pls share what you put on under 5.5 for

Current rate of Pay - is it your salary or soc salary?

Thanks

techie78

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, Thanks

I put my current pay not SOC salary.

tanvirni wrote:Dear techie78,

Thanks

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Many thanks.

Also number of hours and number of weekly hours?

Pls.
techie78 wrote:Hi, Thanks

Thanks

techie78

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I used 52 weeks and 40 hours..

But i guess it does not matter what you fill in your application form.. as long as you have the employer reference letter that states the SOC and the pay..
tanvirni wrote:Many thanks.

Pls.

Thanks

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 pm

I am also cofused abt "as stated in the Codes of Practice".....So many difference opinions.

I will put what u suggested.

Thanks
techie78 wrote:I used 52 weeks and 40 hours..

But i guess it does not matter what you fill in your application form.. as long as you have the employer reference letter that states the SOC and the pay..

Pls.

Thanks

techie78

Post by techie78 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 pm

I agree.. but the simple logic i used was.. why would they want you to mention the salary published by them in your application form.. so i used my salary there..

When is your appointment?
tanvirni wrote:I am also cofused abt "as stated in the Codes of Practice".....So many difference opinions.

Thanks

Pls.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 pm

My wife was also telling me the same.

Going to Sheffield on 26th. That was I found with dependent after three night with little sleep. Travelling from London though.

techie78 wrote:I agree.. but the simple logic i used was.. why would they want you to mention the salary published by them in your application form.. so i used my salary there..

tanvirni wrote:I am also cofused abt "as stated in the Codes of Practice".....So many difference opinions.

Thanks

Pls.

techie78

Post by techie78 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 am

:).. Best Luck tanvirni!!!

tanvirni wrote:My wife was also telling me the same.

Going to Sheffield on 26th. That was I found with dependent after three night with little sleep. Travelling from London though.

techie78 wrote:I agree.. but the simple logic i used was.. why would they want you to mention the salary published by them in your application form.. so i used my salary there..

Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks

Pls.
Agree. That's an intelligent observation.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .