ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 pm

lobvot wrote:I have been a silent reader for over 7 months now. I had found this forum around the time I wanted to apply for my ILR.

I have now gotten it and I thank God for that. It took a period of over 7 months during which I had written 2 complaints and called and was given a response that they were unable to give me a timescale on when the application would be completed.

My registered post bag was not used so there was no way I could have been able to track my documents.

I have found this forum very useful and encouraging during the wait hence why I want to share my timeline so others can take comfort and know there is hope.

My case was straightforward with no breaks.

Application sent 8th Oct 2012
Received 9th October 2012
Paid via debit card
Acknowledgment letter dated 16th October 2012
Biometrics letter received 24th November 2012.
Biometrics done 24th November 2012
BRP received 10th May 2013
Documents received 13th May 2013.

All I sent in were my passports and pass notification for the test.

Between November and now, I have had to change jobs and moved cities so I did update my correspondence address with the home office online and also did a redirect( I had read somewhere here that someone's address change had not been processed). Everything came through to the new address.

I wish everyone else waiting all the best and pray they get positive answers soon.

Best
congratulations, i think they started working on with Oct 2012 applicants, recently so many aug and sep applicants recd their ILR, best of luck for Oct applicants.

smshad

Post by smshad » Mon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi,
I think this forum is to help each other. You need to consider that many people may not have Microsoft account or don't know at all how to update online spreadsheet. People are not forcing anyone to update the spread sheet but requesting if someone can do that.

Talking about habits, you have a habit my friend to include your timeline in every post making every post un-necessary longer.

Take care.
z18runway wrote:I can see people nowadays has made habit to tell someone to update their skydrive once they get ILR. This is very bad. I politely ask them to update them selves which is accurate and prompt and will help others to see the updated timeline instead expecting of some volunteer to update.

If someone is ready to update for everyone I am very pleased and no complaints.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,
I think this forum is to help each other. You need to consider that many people may not have Microsoft account or don't know at all how to update online spreadsheet. People are not forcing anyone to update the spread sheet but requesting if someone can do that.

Talking about habits, you have a habit my friend to include
your timeline in every post making every post un-necessary longer.

I think this forum doesn't restrict people from adding timeline in all their posts.

You have not read my comments properly, my comment has been posted not to hurt anyone but to encourage them to update in future which will help others to use as a accurate and on time guide, and moreover and it is nothing to do with my timeline.
Last edited by z18runway on Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

Re: September applicant, approval

Post by Mera-IR » Mon May 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi All,
Just to inform you that I have received all the documents today. I wish you all the best of success in short while. Hopefully good news on it's way!
Thank you :)
essentialSalt wrote:
Mera-IR wrote:Hi,
I would like to ask that if you could please have read of the background detail of my previous post? could you please let me know whether it was risky for me to apply for ILR in September 2012 or maybe I would be fine? As the waiting gets longer I come up with assessing all the records.

Wish everyone here all the best!

Many thanks

Mera-IR wrote:Hi all,

SET(O)-10yrs long residence route, (8years student+2yrs PSW)
current visa expired: 31 Sep 2012

-I have 7 weeks gap between second visa expiry and the third one approving. I cannot remember much why, only vaguely remember could be missing college attendance certificate from visa application. Which I sent off to them soon after. I have attached the letter from HO regarding missing college certificate.
-I have also got a stamp missing when entering back to UK on first visit to abroad. Here ,I luckily kept my flight tickets and part of my boarding pass which attached to the application.
-The absence all total comes to 60 days, and I have been abroad for 5 times.

Waiting timeline as follows:
Postal application, Croydon office
Application Sent : 03 Sep 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 10 Sep 2012 (Dated: 06 Sep 2012)
Payment Taken Out : 10 Sep 2012 Card payment
Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 01 Nov 2012 (Dated 31 Oct 2012)
Biometric Done : 03 Nov 2012
Rest of the process: Waiting

All the very best of luck to everyone!
Novice's opinions here.

1st bold: Were you legal during the 7 weeks period (which is less than 49 days)? For example, if an applicant finishes an undergrad in June, the visa expires on 31st Oct and the applicant returns to the country, and then the applicant starts a Master's in Jan and the visa starts around the time of xmas (obtained through a British consulate). There is roughly 7 weeks legal gap. I think this gap is acceptable (and reasonable).

2nd bold: I think many people are missing stamps when going out and entering the country. This is not traveller's fault. It's the administrative error that belongs to the home office.

Underlined: The waiting time has been around 8 - 9 months and from one of the previous posts which was based on a document obtained using the information freedom act (or something like that) stated that as of 10th April, 1850 July applications (on Set(O)) are still outstanding/pending. You might have to wait a couple of months to hear from them.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon May 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Mera-IR, congrats!

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

Happy Days!

Post by Mera-IR » Mon May 13, 2013 4:32 pm

13th has always been my lucky day! I wish yours get to you very soon.
TheGreenTea wrote:Mera-IR, congrats!

Mera-IR
Newly Registered

Sky drive mixed up

Post by Mera-IR » Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi,
I have noticed that the Skydrive has been mixed up again. I have got mine added in.

All the very best!

sairam1
Newly Registered

Good News after long wait

Post by sairam1 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Dear Friends

Hope you are doing fine and passing one more day in this struggle.

Today I have received email from the lawyer that my application has been approved.

When i was reading the i felt very different as if the struggle and fight is over....... Now I can rest.

I thank each and everybody in this forum who contributed a line of text to great messages and information. This only one thing which kept me going in this no were response land.

I was so addicted to this forum that i use check every 10min in day and very often on my mobile which gave me inspriction and power to focus on my daily acitives.

My time line

Application : 24th Oct

Bio : 16 Dec

All my friends who are waiting.....please keep the hope....you will be other side of the tunnel and will receive the goods news soon.

rest in next posts

have a great day

sairam

suzuka23

Re: Good News after long wait

Post by suzuka23 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:04 pm

sairam1 wrote:Dear Friends

Hope you are doing fine and passing one more day in this struggle.

Today I have received email from the lawyer that my application has been approved.

When i was reading the i felt very different as if the struggle and fight is over....... Now I can rest.

I thank each and everybody in this forum who contributed a line of text to great messages and information. This only one thing which kept me going in this no were response land.

I was so addicted to this forum that i use check every 10min in day and very often on my mobile which gave me inspriction and power to focus on my daily acitives.

My time line

Application : 24th Oct

Bio : 16 Dec

All my friends who are waiting.....please keep the hope....you will be other side of the tunnel and will receive the goods news soon.

rest in next posts

have a great day

sairam
Congrats!!! This forum is a great help indeed!

Pay

EEA and ILR 10 Years

Post by Pay » Mon May 13, 2013 6:41 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Is there any possibility in the near future to get same day appointments for ILR under 10 year catagorey??
could you update me on EEA and ILR

Pay

EEA and ILR 10 Years

Post by Pay » Mon May 13, 2013 7:55 pm

guys any success stories in regards to EEA as part of 10 Years long residency ? last 1 year of 10 years to be precise , and I am still in relationship and we have healthy relationship , but i don't want to wait 4 more years to get PC under EEA law. please help me if you have information or any case that discretion was applied . during the 1 year i would claim under EEA my partner was working and exercising her treaty right.

happysnappy
Newly Registered

Re: Please help on my case - Partner of 10yrs settlement

Post by happysnappy » Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

I am going to send a letter to caseworker to ask for reconsideration, but not sure which rules I should quote, could anyone please help me ,thanks

z18runway wrote:
happysnappy wrote:Hi all,

i'm new here. would like to ask advice for my case.

I was originally granted student dependent in 2007, then moved to psw dependent in 2011.

my husband sent out his ILR(10 years rules, he was PSW previously) application last September, and was not granted until 14th of April this Year.

Due to the new rules taking effect on 6th of April, I decided to send my application of Partner of a settled person on 5th of April, using FLR(M) and cheque of £651 (old scheme before 06/04/13)

I received my passport and approval letter last week, but not the ID card due to the bank holiday. On the letter, it says I'm granted for 30month leave to remain which looks like they applied the new probationary rules (3+2 years) on me. However, I thought my case should apply to the old transitional rules (2 years).

Is there any suggestions or ideas from you guys? Do you think I can write to the case worker to ask him to reconsider? I'd really appreciate your help.
You can now apply for set(m)

greenapple369

Post by greenapple369 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 am

Hi all,

Have you got a minute to spare? Do you think it is really too long for LR ILR applicants who have to wait for more than 8 months to get a decision? Yes, you can help, please tell the Home Office that we would very much welcome the premium service being introduced for 10-year LR applications.

It takes only one minute to take a part in the survey!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 2improving

09 May 2013

If you are living in the UK and are looking to extend your stay or make a new application, we want to hear from you.

At the Home Office we are continually working to improve the service available to our customers. In response to feedback, we are considering a range of additional options to make our services in the UK more flexible.

You can help by telling us which services you would use if they were available. Your feedback will help inform decisions about the future of premium services in the UK.

The survey is for applicants in the UK and takes around one minute to complete. Thank you for helping us improve our service.

Thank you very much!

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

happysnappy wrote:I am going to send a letter to caseworker to ask for reconsideration, but not sure which rules I should quote, could anyone please help me ,thanks

z18runway wrote:

I was originally granted student dependent in 2007, then moved to psw dependent in 2011.

my husband sent out his ILR(10 years rules, he was PSW previously) application last September, and was not granted until 14th of April this Year.

Due to the new rules taking effect on 6th of April, I decided to send my application of Partner of a settled person on 5th of April, using FLR(M) and cheque of £651 (old scheme before 06/04/13)

I received my passport and approval letter last week, but not the ID card due to the bank holiday. On the letter, it says I'm granted for 30month leave to remain which looks like they applied the new probationary rules (3+2 years) on me. However, I thought my case should apply to the old transitional rules (2 years).

Is there any suggestions or ideas from you guys? Do you think I can write to the case worker to ask him to reconsider? I'd really appreciate your help.

Sorry I think you can't apply for SET(M) yet. You need to wait 2 years.

If you had applied for SET(M) on 5th April you would have got it (which couldn't because your husband's application hasn't been decided at that time) So very unfortunately you need to wait 2 years from now.

Because Your previous visa was PSW dependent and PSW is not on a settlement route. and you cannot amalgamate time spent on non settlement routes and dependent on settled person from 6th April.

Do check further in this thread for examples - Nats (he/she had to apply for set (m) before 6th april to come under those old rules). there are few others but I couldn't remember their names

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

A bit off topic, but nevetheless.

Just noticed that UKBA have updated their processing times:
Service standards

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;

and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

Do my eyes deceive me? Is this applicable to ILR??

Hitprat
Newly Registered

ILR approved!

Post by Hitprat » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi all,

After exactly 8 months I have now received my ILR. I would like to thank everyone on this forum as it has been very resourceful. I found here information that you have to pay hell lot of money to get from a lawyer! I wish all those who are still waiting lots of strength and patience. Below is my timeline:

Application sent: 14/09/2012
Biometric letter received: 23/11/2012
Biometric done (at PO): 26/11/2012
Approval letter and passports received: 14/05/2013
Approval letter dates 13/05/2013
Biometric letter awating

I did not send any complaint letter but followed other people's timeline on this forum. Thank you.

happysnappy
Newly Registered

Post by happysnappy » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your advice, I applied FLR(M) on 5th of April, but my husband's 10yrs ILR was granted 10 days later, 15th of April. So I was granted 5 years probationary, not 2 years. Just want to know if it is the old rules applied for my case or the new one? Can I ask for reconsideration? and which rules I should quote on? Any advice? Please help, thanks

saanju9 wrote:
happysnappy wrote:I am going to send a letter to caseworker to ask for reconsideration, but not sure which rules I should quote, could anyone please help me ,thanks

z18runway wrote:

Sorry I think you can't apply for SET(M) yet. You need to wait 2 years.

If you had applied for SET(M) on 5th April you would have got it (which couldn't because your husband's application hasn't been decided at that time) So very unfortunately you need to wait 2 years from now.

Because Your previous visa was PSW dependent and PSW is not on a settlement route. and you cannot amalgamate time spent on non settlement routes and dependent on settled person from 6th April.

Do check further in this thread for examples - Nats (he/she had to apply for set (m) before 6th april to come under those old rules). there are few others but I couldn't remember their names

Hitprat
Newly Registered

FLR(0) pending ILR

Post by Hitprat » Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi again,

My husband applied for FLR(0) as my ILR was taking too long and his PSW was expiring. Now that I have the ILR, can someone please advise what we should do about his application?

Thank you.

sudhirbph

Post by sudhirbph » Tue May 14, 2013 2:01 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:A bit off topic, but nevetheless.

Just noticed that UKBA have updated their processing times:
Service standards

We have service standards for processing UK visa applications. Our standards say that we will process:

90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date;

and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

Do my eyes deceive me? Is this applicable to ILR??

That info is valid for application outside UK. not incountry applications..service is far better outside than inside

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(0) pending ILR

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue May 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Hitprat wrote:My husband applied for FLR(0) as my ILR was taking too long and his PSW was expiring. Now that I have the ILR, can someone please advise what we should do about his application?
Varying an application @ Page 33 wrote:An applicant can vary an application at any time before a decision is made on it. They can do this if they want to be considered for a grant of leave on a different basis to their initial application.

A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than their original application. In this case, they must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

xshayaanx

UKBA Survey

Post by xshayaanx » Tue May 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Thank You greenapple369.
This Survey is great. I honestly would pay for Premium Service for 10 years without even thinking about the costs. As it puts too much on stake.

All the nice souls on this forum are encouraged to fill this UKBA survey.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 2improving
Applied 17-12-13
Forwarded to BHC 03-01-14
Waiting...

Hitprat
Newly Registered

FLR (O) pending ILR

Post by Hitprat » Tue May 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo.

We will call the Home Office to get the status of the application.

I was not aware that someone could vary an application. If we go forward with this, it will be a variation from FLR (O) to FLR (M). Is there are a premium service for this?

Hitprat
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (O) pending ILR

Post by Hitprat » Tue May 14, 2013 2:54 pm

[An applicant can vary an application at any time before a decision is made on it. They can do this if they want to be considered for a grant of leave on a different basis to their initial application.

A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than their original application. In this case, they must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee.]

Thanks Damanisshallo.

We will call the Home Office to get the status of the application.

I was not aware that someone could vary an application. If we go forward with this, it will be a variation from FLR (O) to FLR (M). Is there are a premium service for this?[/quote]

Diggiboyz
Newly Registered

In the end..........

Post by Diggiboyz » Tue May 14, 2013 6:58 pm

As mentioned on Friday about my IlR being approved. Now received my Bio metric on Monday and passport and other docs today by 2nd class post. (Not impressed). Now will apply for Naturalisation next week.
All the best everyone.
Once again thank you all on the forums.

nats

Re: Set(M) Approved Alhamdulillah

Post by nats » Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Good luck Sanju.. I am sure she will do it. women are always good in remembering dates like birthdays, aniversary dates and fighting with us if we 4get.. so dont worry its ur turn now to make her remember history dates :)
saanju9 wrote:
nats wrote:Hi All,
I was been away for some time. Now came to share good news with all of u specially Damanishallo and Sanju. My ILR Set(M) has been approved within a month. It was unexpectidly quick process as compared to my previous application with 7 months wait. Many thanks to Damanishallo for instant advice that day to add some clauses and words in cover letter. I think that letter and mentioned rules played an important role in this quick process of approval. and thanks Sanju for keeping our morale high. Though for us it was a long, tiring, tense and double money consumption period. But eventually it turned out well and we almost forgot our past bad experiences. Thank you all again for advice and encouragement. This blog helped me alot, more than a lawyer. This blog was a blessing for us in this hard time. Wish all of those who are waiting best of luck and keep faith. My timeline is for Set(M) but just for an idea that things are moving quicker now as compared to last year.

Applied by Post = 5th April 2013
Approval Letter = 11 May 2013
BPR Recieved = Scheduled for 13 May 2013. Missed a DX delivery on 10May 2013.
Great to hear your wife's ILR sorted... Good luck in your life mate

My wife is eligible for her ILR from May 9th... but god it's taking my toll to make her read the bloody new LIUK book... I mean I can't even blame her.. Why the hell... they need stone age and in depth Tudar's and stuart's UK history.. they are not giving a GCSE exam on history of UK...In my ten and half years life in UK.. being a regular in the local pubs (grabbed every opportunity possible)... I have never seen someone talking about that history shit (only footy)..

I think the new version is so in depth that it can be recommended for people who want to go to the TV show "Who want to be a Millionaire"...

Please wish me luck guys...the war with wife continues