ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application question - passport endorsement

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

insomniac

OCI application question - passport endorsement

Post by insomniac » Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Hello,

Is there a sticker endorsed on the passport when it is issued, or is it just the OCI booklet?

Reason I ask is that under Documents Required it says that only a photocopy of the British passport is required. Yet, scrolling down to the FAQ, question 12 (I am an OCI holder. What documents should I carry while travelling to India?) has the following answer:
OCI holders should carry both (a) the Passport bearing 'LIFE LONG' Visa Sticker and (b) the OCI booklet.

So if one never submits the passport, how does it get endorsed with 'LIFE LONG' Visa sticker?

Thank you.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue May 14, 2013 3:47 pm

You get a sticker on your current passport (or UK passport, I assume that is what you have) and get a grey booklet as well.

You have to submit your UK passport at the HCI in the morning and they paste the sticker onto your passport and you can then collect your passport in the afternoon/evening along with the OCI booklet. This is how its done if you apply for OCI in person at the HCI.

insomniac

Post by insomniac » Wed May 15, 2013 6:29 am

Aha. So when I look at the Timings section under collection
("Issue of OCI tokens for collection after Submission of Passport
for OCI visa card"), this means that the day of the collection will involve two trips - one to drop off the passport and one to pick up the passport + OCI. Got it. Nice and simple.

Thank you.