ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC - spouse abroad without ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SeikhNazir
Newly Registered

Applying for BC - spouse abroad without ILR

Post by SeikhNazir » Wed May 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi,

I would be applying for BC soon, is currently holding ILR for last one year. My spouse doesn't live with me in UK, rather works back in Pakistan.

Will it be a problem for me as I am married but not staying with spouse and she hold different nationality and she had not intention to settle in UK ?

Asking as AN form needs filling up the details of spouse, nationality and address.

Cheers
SNazir

Amber
Mood:

Re: Applying for BC - spouse abroad without ILR

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 pm

SeikhNazir wrote:Hi,

I would be applying for BC soon, is currently holding ILR for last one year. My spouse doesn't live with me in UK, rather works back in Pakistan.

Will it be a problem for me as I am married but not staying with spouse and she hold different nationality and she had not intention to settle in UK ?

Asking as AN form needs filling up the details of spouse, nationality and address.

Cheers
SNazir
No, providing you meet the standard requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 22, 2013 7:35 pm

It could raise questions about you meeting the future intentions requirement. I suggest you read carefully 2.2.5.

SeikhNazir
Newly Registered

Post by SeikhNazir » Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Jambo wrote:It could raise questions about you meeting the future intentions requirement. I suggest you read carefully 2.2.5.
Thanks for your response Jumbo. We both work in our professional capacity and live our own life. Do you have any suggestions to put something in AN form in order to make it clear ? Any suggestions...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:35 pm

SeikhNazir wrote:
Jambo wrote:It could raise questions about you meeting the future intentions requirement. I suggest you read carefully 2.2.5.
Thanks for your response Jumbo. We both work in our professional capacity and live our own life. Do you have any suggestions to put something in AN form in order to make it clear ? Any suggestions...
Will she join you at some point? Do you see yourself living in the UK in the future. Depending on your circumstances, you can add a statement on page 13. You can also just have a general statement saying "during the past 6 years, I have established my professional life in the UK and I intend to make the UK my home".

Just to make it clear, I have no personal experience in such cases and I'm not a lawyer.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 am

SeikhNazir wrote:
Not sure if I jumped to a conclusion but I took it as your are separated? If so there should be no issue. If not just state that you are both happy to live apart for the foreseeable future, you have made the uk your home and you plan on living here for the rest of your life as indicated by the time you have been in this particular circumstance again that should suffice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SeikhNazir
Newly Registered

Post by SeikhNazir » Thu May 23, 2013 5:07 am

D4109125 wrote:
SeikhNazir wrote:
Not sure if I jumped to a conclusion but I took it as your are separated? If so there should be no issue. If not just state that you are both happy to live apart for the foreseeable future, you have made the uk your home and you plan on living here for the rest of your life as indicated by the time you have been in this particular circumstance again that should suffice.
Thanks D4109125 & Jumbo, I am not separated still holds married status but both of us have mutually decided to live apart our own life in our respective countries. I have been living here apart from last 5 years, she had been to uk once on dependent visa 5 years back for a month but never renewed the visa again because of our personal choices.

Will it be fine to just add this statement on page 13 or need to provide more details ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

SeikhNazir wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
SeikhNazir wrote:
Thanks D4109125 & Jumbo, I am not separated still holds married status but both of us have mutually decided to live apart our own life in our respective countries. I have been living here apart from last 5 years, she had been to uk once on dependent visa 5 years back for a month but never renewed the visa again because of our personal choices.

Will it be fine to just add this statement on page 13 or need to provide more details ?
Yes gives details on the extra information page. I don't mean to offend but even if you are not going to divorce, you still sound like you are separated and if so there should be no issue.

SeikhNazir
Newly Registered

Post by SeikhNazir » Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 pm

D4109125 wrote:
SeikhNazir wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
SeikhNazir wrote:

Yes gives details on the extra information page. I don't mean to offend but even if you are not going to divorce, you still sound like you are separated and if so there should be no issue.
Thanks for your response, just want to honestly disclose the circumstances in the AN form. Hopefully it will not impact my application..! has someone known in this forum has been on similar boat and has been successfully granted BC ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi my friend,

I think like many other people in this forum, you need to take a chill pill and relax.

Why do you want to know if someone has been in the same boat? How would that help in a technical or legal sense?

If you are separated from your wife and you two have nothing to do with each other, then you simply need to mention it clearly on your application. Just tell them the whole truth. Tell them clearly what date your wife left you and went to Pakistan. Its not the end of the world.

I am sure if you frankly write your situation, you won't have a problem. But also do not try to over-explain something which is not extremely important. If you can't do it yourself, ask an advisor to write a brief explanation about your separation.

If you are still unsure, then God help you.