ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

acceptability of Traslated document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malikmoon

acceptability of Traslated document

Post by malikmoon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:56 pm

Need attention from form.
I got refused recently, the one of the reason mentioned in the refusal letter was that my birth certificate was not translated from recognized translator & the original birth cerfiticate was not attached. okey...
I have get it done this by recognized translator but the question is that do I need to attest that translated version of birth certificate from notary public?
or normal solictor will do

jbinuk

Post by jbinuk » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:01 pm

If your translator claims to be a recognised translator then you should go back to them and let them know why you were refused. Then they should help you attest that your translation is certified and correct.

malikmoon

Post by malikmoon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:12 pm

let me explain what happpend first time, usualy in Pakistan, issueing authority issued birth certificate in local language but in my case, upon my request they issued me in english and endorsed on it that was genuine but homeoffice didn't accept that because traditionaly ppl obtain birth certificate and then get it translated from somewhere. intersting point is that according homeoffice quideline we can obatain recognized translators list from local brith embassey but I have just recieved email from British High Commission islamabad which contains following text:
Thank you for writing to us .

This is to notify that BHC don't have contact details of recognised, registered or accepted translation services available in Pakistan as we did not appoint any in this regard.

Yours truly,

Visa Correspondence Section

BHC Islamabad

hemal_p

Post by hemal_p » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I'm in similar situation and had called up the HSMP. They have advised me to get the birthcertificate translated and a covering letter from the agency stating they have translated this certificate for me. You need to notarized from a High court lawyer and also send the org. birth certificate.

malikmoon

Post by malikmoon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:46 pm

thnx for ur reply.
what covering letter u on about hema?