ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

markotsg

urgent help needed please

Post by markotsg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 am

Hello
I am due to apply for British citizenship via NCS,
I have been employed as director of my own LTD since Feb 2013.

in Form AN you have to select employee, Business Partner, director, self employed

in this case would I need to select both director & employee?

I believe i need to show self assessment statement as a proof?
how do you request this? I still havent done self assesment for 2012/2013

Many thanks for your assistance all

regards

Marko

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:28 am

If you are taking salary from your LTD co. just mention Employee.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 am

Many thanks

I am director, Accountant does my tax matters, I get paid by my ltd and also received dividends,

Would P60 be enough?

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:48 pm

I am in the same position as you - i spoke to my accountant (keep in mind she does not have any knowledge in the immigration matters) and as per her i need to tick on director as i take director salary, logically which is correct.

I also believe NCS will also be able to tell you if you are correct of not?

to be on the safer side just call HMRC and ask for the statement of self assessment- call them on 0 161 931 9070 for a quick response.

could you also inform us with the outcome when you have applied as i will be doing the same soon.

tks.

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:04 pm

thanks for reply
checking the main checklist on Home Office site

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/
Evidence of exercising treaty rights for 5 years
We require evidence to cover the relevant 5-year period. You should provide:

P60 tax certificates; or an employer's letter confirming employment; or a benefits letter confirming job seekers' allowance claimed; or a benefits letter confirming incapacity benefit claimed; or documentary evidence confirming pension received; or a copy of your workers registration scheme certificate (if you are registered).
If you are self-employed or a businessperson, you should provide evidence from HM Revenue & Customs confirming that you have paid tax over the relevant period.

If you are a student, you should provide:

a letter from the educational establishment confirming that you were enrolled on a course of study throughout the qualifying period; and evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance cover for you and your accompanying family members.If you are self-sufficient, you should provide:

bank statements covering the qualifying period to show evidence of funds; and evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance cover for you and your accompanying family members.
So I dont see anywhere for employee or director where is states requirment to have HMRC Self Assessment Statement of Account

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:33 pm

this is where the complication starts-are you self empoyed or director or employee.
i am in the same boat as you - i will be ticking on director and will take my P-60's and sa statement. NCS guys will take whatever it is required.

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

I got the print out from my Accountant stating I am employee of my ltd & Director as I receive salary from my company.

Good luck all and thanks again

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:01 pm

markotsg wrote:I got the print out from my Accountant stating I am employee of my ltd & Director as I receive salary from my company.

Good luck all and thanks again
Well in that case you dont need to provide the P-60's or the SA statement, correct?

please confirm back.

tks,

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 am

Hello

Thank you all for your help

We just received our Citizenship Cermony invitation letter
We selected just employee option, we provided P60 for 5 years period
I do have LTD and I am employeed as Director

Good luck all and recommend to go NCS route