ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Austrian Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tina79

Austrian Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi all.

my friend is from Poland and she is married to a Turk. They are living in Tureky over 4 years now and have decided to take a short break to EU countries in winter time.

She was asking from the Austrian ambassy what documets he will need, and here is they answer:

for a touristic visa application we’ll need the documents you mentioned before and:
- his monthly pay slip

- an employment certificate

She mentioed the marriage certificate, her passport and his passport and 2x photos.

Does it sound right? I am writing this on her behalf as i told her that i dont think they can ask for these?

Please can someone inform me to be able to help her/

The problem is that he is working in a touristic area and has no payslip and contract at all.

MAny thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Download the schengen visa form. The requirements on it are reasonably clear.

tina79

Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm

She has that. I told her that when my husband applied for it they did not ask anything else, only our married certificate, copy of my ID or passport and his passport.

I was a bit shocked when they wrote her back and asking +for thoso documents. They flying first to Vienna and then would like to travel in EU, like Czech, Nederland, Germany, France.
Any suggest what she can do? There is no way he can proivde any work contract or payslip.

thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Did she tell them that he is married to a Polish citizen and that they will travel together? It seems the consulate answered what is required when he travels alone.

tina79

Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 am

yes, she wrote to them. I told her to write to them and explain the sitiuation.
She told them that they live in Tureky, she is Polish he is Turkish. They are married 5 years and she lives there with him 4 years now!

It`s a bit strange to me to ask all those documents.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 pm

She can just apply for the visa. She should not provide the other documents. Only the marriage certificate and two passports (or a polish ID instead of her passport).

tina79

schengen

Post by tina79 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

thanks Directive.I told her too. She did write them back an email to tell them about it and waiting for an aswer.

As soon as she will tell me what they reaction was I will let you know.

Her husband had Schengen visa before but she just wanted to double check it and now she is a bit affraid that if she wont give them those documents, they can refuse to give him the visa.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:51 pm

It would not be the first time that an embassy or call centre gave out incorrect information.

The Schengen form is pretty clear.

tina79

Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm

yes you are right.

I had many friends who told me that most of the embassy asking for aditional documents. Heard of stories where he husband/wife got refused Schengen visa because they did provide the extra documents.

She now worte them back that they dont want to stay in Austria and will travell to other EU countries too, but first they will arrive to Vienna, so that`s why she is asking them to give Schengen.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:28 pm

There is not a great deal of point in speculating as to whether a visa would be refused or not. Better to apply with the required documents and deal with any issues if they arise.

tina79

Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Sorry i meant in the first comment "did not get the visa, as the required docs was not presented".

Anyway i spoke to her today. She said still no asnwer from the embassy after she sent the email explaining their rights.

Will keep you updated.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Sorry, you meant to say that your friend was refused a visa because the embassy were asking for items not allowed. If that is the case, complain like crazy.

tina79

Schengen visa

Post by tina79 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:03 am

Sorry, i make it clear....

i had friend and heard from other people, that they got refused Schengen because when they asked information from the embasy what doc to provide and they asked additional papers like invitation letter from family (even they were married tho) or insurance and they did not provided, they got refused.

So far my husband got the visas ok. Now this my polish friend is suppriesed as her husband before got Schengen visa without any additional documents and now they asking work contract and payslip.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:00 am

The rules are clear.

Not all Schengen embassies know the rules. Unfortunately the applicant may need to help educate them.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:The rules are clear.

Not all Schengen embassies know the rules. Unfortunately the applicant may need to help educate them.
I agree with this.