ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP or Code 1A at the airport?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stefancamargo

EEA FP or Code 1A at the airport?

Post by stefancamargo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife are moving from Germany to the UK this year and I was thinking about getting the code 1A at the airport and don´t apply for EEA FP for pure convenience. What are the negative points of this choice, if there are any?
Thanks in advance

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EEA FP or Code 1A at the airport?

Post by ukforever » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:37 pm

stefancamargo wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife are moving from Germany to the UK this year and I was thinking about getting the code 1A at the airport and don´t apply for EEA FP for pure convenience. What are the negative points of this choice, if there are any?
Thanks in advance
just go for it,don't look back,if u can board the plane then its fine,i doubt u can,but there is another way u can get the code 1A , u need to seek admission at calais port,u need to take the train or bus from germany,and then u can just ask for the stamp.
i don't think u should waste your time to apply for a family permit,they are going to take as long as 3 weeks for a reply and they might refuse.
safe option is to seek admission at port in calais,france.
UK------++++-------****

Member of Standing

Post by member » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks in advance

Do you mind telling whether you are a visa-free national to the UK? :?:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:28 am

Where are you from? Do you want to be able to easily work in the UK on arrival or will you be doing something else? What country is your wife from?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks in advance
Negative points:

Potential problems with carriers (if a visa national).
More time at immigration arguing your case.

stefancamargo

Post by stefancamargo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 am

Actually I am italian and my wife is brazilian. Therefore, she is a non-visa national. I am going to start my masters and we will both look for a job.

We are travelling by plane, so calais is not na option for us.

So, the code 1Ais garanteed at the airport?

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:07 pm

stefancamargo wrote:Actually I am italian and my wife is brazilian. Therefore, she is a non-visa national. I am going to start my masters and we will both look for a job.

yes,if she is a brazilian then yes,she can board a plane with u and i'm confident u will get through,just don't forget to print out some case laws of ECJ (metok-mrax) and also :

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

with the link above its a step by step to how to deal with this situation and follow them and u should be fine..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/278 ... reeEEA.pdf

the link above is a letter from an immigration minister saying that the family permit is not mandatory,so u should be fine..just take with u the required proofs and u will be fine.
UK------++++-------****

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:27 pm

stefancamargo wrote:Actually I am italian and my wife is brazilian. Therefore, she is a non-visa national. I am going to start my masters and we will both look for a job.

Both the regulations and the directive allow such entry. Read up on article 5.4 of directive 2004/38/ec.

stefancamargo

Post by stefancamargo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Many thanks! I hope dealing with the officers at the border will be easier than travelling to munich to deal with this visa.

regards

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 pm

stefancamargo wrote:Many thanks! I hope dealing with the officers at the border will be easier than travelling to munich to deal with this visa.

regards
agree 200%.. :)
UK------++++-------****