ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm

GodGives wrote:Ok great thanks babycakes for sharing. Mine is a fresh flro. Waiting 15months. Contacting my.mp again on Monday
It shouldn't be long now Ho is working like crazy to resolve cases quite a few people I know got responses last week.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:39 pm

babycakes wrote:
GodGives wrote:Ok great thanks babycakes for sharing. Mine is a fresh flro. Waiting 15months. Contacting my.mp again on Monday
It shouldn't be long now Ho is working like crazy to resolve cases quite a few people I know got responses last week.
Hi babycakes that's reassuring. How lobd did this people wait. do they have a similar timeline to mine?
Godgives

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:46 pm

GodGives wrote:
babycakes wrote:
Hi babycakes that's reassuring. How lobd did this people wait. do they have a similar timeline to mine?
Yes time line 14 months

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:49 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Help people ...... Got the form from ombomsman and filled it in and when to my mp to summit it for them to sign n send it off this morning later I got a letter from my mp saying they have wrote to the ukba about the delay again because they contacted them on my behalf 6months ago

Does this mean they won't pass my fill to ombomsman ?
Be very careful only me, make sure for when you go to Ho and piss them off you can stand your ground and provide them with what they want. If you know you have everything they can and will ask for get on to the ombudsman.

They will speed things up for sure.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:02 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Help people ...... Got the form from ombomsman and filled it in and when to my mp to summit it for them to sign n send it off this morning later I got a letter from my mp saying they have wrote to the ukba about the delay again because they contacted them on my behalf 6months ago

They should but they will inform you when they do.

SDP

Re: Solicitor

Post by SDP » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:08 pm

yahwadud wrote:Cutepanda.sorry for the refusal.i just won't appeal .my solicitor is very cheap and good.plus the barristers he uses for appeal are top class.i can give you his contact address if you wish.good luck
can I ask who your solicitor is ?

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Don't worry, you did what you should. Your MP should normally forward your Form and if he does not, he will let you know his intention clearly. They all know that they H.O is useless. Some of the MPs (especially MPs of parties in government) try to protect H.O by delaying the involvement of the Ombudsman.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:18 pm

RIGHTEOUS wrote:hie everyone, i am new to the forum. I have submitted my application today for renewal of my discretionary leave to remain. I will keep my fingers crossed for a fast renewal and pray for success.

God bless you all, and i hope you all receive good news soon.

:) :)
Welcome to the forum RIGHTEOUS! Fingers crossed your wait wont be too long and stressful :)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

@babycake

Thanks a lot for your advice well appreciated and I rather face this once and for all anything they want I will try to provide them better now than waiting hehehe the waiting can lead one to madness

@chiddy

Thanks chiddy well appreciated

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Chidy wrote:

Don't worry, you did what you should. Your MP should normally forward your Form and if he does not, he will let you know his intention clearly. They all know that they H.O is useless. Some of the MPs (especially MPs of parties in government) try to protect H.O by delaying the involvement of the Ombudsman.
Seriously disturbing piece of info here - 'some MPs try to protect HO by delaying involvement of Ombudsman'.
Yikes I never thought that to be possible! Im here counting days till my 6 months mark, so I can involve my MP and then Ombudsman...
It just sucks that there seems to be no straightforward way to demand justice in the timely manner from HO!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:25 pm

@babycake

From your opinion and point of few what do you rekin they might ask for?
We r here to help one another no offence taken

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:11 pm

SDP wrote:
yahwadud wrote:Cutepanda.sorry for the refusal.i just won't appeal .my solicitor is very cheap and good.plus the barristers he uses for appeal are top class.i can give you his contact address if you wish.good luck
check your inbox

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:12 pm

SDP wrote:
check your inbox

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:46 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@babycake

Thanks a lot for your advice well appreciated and I rather face this once and for all anything they want I will try to provide them better now than waiting hehehe the waiting can lead one to madness

@chiddy

Thanks chiddy well appreciated
That's true as long as your prepared you will be fine.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@babycake

From your opinion and point of few what do you rekin they might ask for?
We r here to help one another no offence taken
That's ok my frank opinion is I really don't know they are unpredictable just keep hold of everything that proves your case.

Divine mercy
Newly Registered

Post by Divine mercy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Dear Babacakes,once again congratulations,have u asked your solicitor if the time your application spent with HO was part of the six yrs altogether?we had the same timeline,am doing extention too,submitted sept.2012.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:14 pm

[quote="Divine mercy"]Dear Babacakes,once again congratulations,have u asked your solicitor if the time your application spent with HO was part of the six yrs altogether?we had the same timeline,am doing extention too,submitted sept.2012.[/quote

Thanks, lady at the call centre says its including ,and the 6 yrs start from the beginning of the first 3 years.

maud32
Newly Registered

Post by maud32 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:11 am

Application sent:21/06/13
Acknowledgment: 24/06/13
Biometrics request:25/06/13
Biometrics to be done
Results of application waiting

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 am

Jjust curious,when homeoffice is sending back decisions,do they send a letter first to tell u the outcome of the application,or do they send back all your documents in a package?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:46 am

sanny26 wrote:Jjust curious,when homeoffice is sending back decisions,do they send a letter first to tell u the outcome of the application,or do they send back all your documents in a package?
well i know if you're successful they send all your documents back with a letter

Divine mercy
Newly Registered

Babycakes

Post by Divine mercy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 am

Thank you Babycakes and God bless u,that is good becos no time wasted.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 am

egoneo wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Jjust curious,when homeoffice is sending back decisions,do they send a letter first to tell u the outcome of the application,or do they send back all your documents in a package?
well i know if you're successful they send all your documents back with a letter
Ok thanx for your reply.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:46 am

The letter will be for additional information, then package follows.

Did they send you a letter in the post?

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:18 am

maud32 wrote:Application sent:21/06/13
Acknowledgment: 24/06/13
Biometrics request:25/06/13
Biometrics to be done
Results of application waiting
@ maud32

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your application.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 am

babycakes wrote:
The letter will be for additional information, then package follows.

Did they send you a letter in the post?

No hun its like I saw someone on this forum states that they received a notice of decision letter and then their documents came after. But apparently I heard homeoffice is dealing with oct/nov applicants I don't know how true it is though. Which I have been seeing quiet a few october applicants getting back their documents. So fingers cross I heard something nextweek.