ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhanz
Newly Registered

Post by dhanz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Congratulations !!!!!!!!! Have a great life ahead
mirabeelz wrote:Hi everyone
I have now received my spouse visa,my ECM review elapsed on the 28th of may,I waited two more weeks after my 19weeks to hear from the BHC asking me to come submit my passport on the 12th of iune and I received it that same day at 3:00pm.its been a very longwaiting but at the end it did pay..
This is my timeline
Was refused because of non submission of UK NARIC letter,appealed with the uk naric letter...
Applied on july 2012
Refused on octoner 2012
Appealed on october 2012
Ecm to respond on 28th may 2013
Date of overturn decision on 11th june 2013
Passport submitted on 12th june 2013
Visa received on 12th june 2013 @3:0pm...
The long waiting process is over ,am so gratful to God

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 am

go through this link

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... sment.aspx

UK NARIC will not be able to assess any tests, which are not included on the Home Office list of approved English language tests or provide an English language assessment of overseas degrees which are comparable to UK Master's and research degrees.

actually the statement of comparability will suffice to show that ur wife's degree has been equal to UK standards.. I applied for settlemnt visa with the same statement of comparability only.. but for a safer side I got a certificate from my institution stating that my degree was taught in english and i submitted my original degree certificate too.

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 am

people who applied from chennai.. could u pls post ur timelines

K_Karan

Re: English Language Requirment

Post by K_Karan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am

Hi,

NARIC certificate is not a mandatory document. Have you checked on the points calculator, if your wife degree and institute is listed then NARIC is not a mandatory document just a certificate from Uni or institution will do. I applied for my wife with just the certificate from the collage.

I guess UKBA doesn't take PG degrees into account for assessing English language. So i would suggest to get the certificate for UG degree.
newbie.scott wrote:Thanks @waitnwatch, much appreciated your help.

She completed MBA, will get a letter from the Uni, as well as from the degree college, just being paranoia..:) Also NARIC as you suggested.

I see two types or certificates from NARIC:
Statement of Comparability and
English Language Assessment

I guess I go with "English Language Assessment"..

Thanks again..
Cheers
S

waitnwatch wrote:To be on safe side, get a NARIC certificate for her degree. Also get a letter from the college stating she did her education in english. This has to be for the graduate degree.

newbie.scott wrote:Friends,

Am(On ILR) going to get married by end of August in India, my fiance has studied in English medium, am taking a letter from the University to confirm this, Do you think I should also need a letter from UK NARIC?
Also, does recent changes to the immigartion rules required her to write IELTS?

Can you please confirm this, thanks for your help in advance..

Cheers
S

newbie.scott

Re: English Language Requirment

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks for your advise dear @sahalyabaskar and @K_Karan

I checked the point base calculator just to see if my wife's degree/uni exists at UKBA. Its there, as you suggested this should be good enough actually. However, I see some of our friends applications has refused because of non submitting UK NARIC letter, So this is what am thinking to keep with my wife's VAF4A application to fulfill English language requirement:

1) Original transfer certificates which shows medium of education (10th standard to PG)
2) Letters from UG & PG colleges confirming medium of Instruction
3) Also, UK NARIC Statement Statement of Comparability certificate

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated..

Cheers
S

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am

yeah its better to apply with naric certificate.. coz i've heard applications getting rejected without a naric cert.. it depends on the case worker.. so dont take any risk

sahalyabaskar
Newly Registered

Post by sahalyabaskar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:40 am

@ k_karan

did u apply from chennai?

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:19 pm

@dhanz
So glad to hear from you,thank you for the good wish and thank you very much for all the help and encouragement you gave me when I was so worried and scared,reading all that you wrote to me made me to stop worryiing and kept believing the refusal decision would be overturned and like you rightly said,it did get overturn after 21weeks and settlement visa granted..,you proved to be a good forum matts and am soo grateful..Allah bless you..

mirabeelz
Newly Registered

Post by mirabeelz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:54 pm

@newbie.scott
To meet the english language requirement during my application in 2012 I submitted the following
University Bcs original Certificate
English Profiency Letter from the university
My four year course transcript
A printout of PBS calculator screen showing clearly I score 10 points for my Uni degree
All the above clearly showed I had had my progrmme thought in english and equivalant to uk standard.,considering the 10points from the PBS calculator..
But my case worker thought otherwise and I was refused on October 2012 because of non submiision of uk naric statement of comparability letter,I never had the opportunity you have now because I never knew of forums at the time I was applying,I only came here and joined after I had been refused and dhanz being my witness knows how scared I was that my appeal would be rejected but thanks to God it got overturned after waiting for painful 21 weeks and visa granted on june 2013
,Please bear in mind with UKBA every case is a unique case and it depends much on the case worker like sahalyabaskar said,,,k_karan was granted visa without uk naric but i was refused because of non submission of that same uk naric letter , its safe to over provide evidence than under provide evidence ,please get the Naric statement of comparability letter and safe yourself the painful waiting...I STAND to be corrected if am wrong ....alll the best...

waitnwatch
Newly Registered

Post by waitnwatch » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm

I second what mirabeelz has to say. In my wife's case i did not apply with the NARIC certificate. I submitted my wife's degree along with a letter from the college stating that the degree was taught in english language. Having said that i do believe you should get a NARIC certificate since you have ample time in hand. It all boils to ECO. Lets not give them a chance for rejection.
mirabeelz wrote:@newbie.scott
To meet the english language requirement during my application in 2012 I submitted the following
A printout of PBS calculator screen showing clearly I score 10 points for my Uni degree
All the above clearly showed I had had my progrmme thought in english and equivalant to uk standard.,considering the 10points from the PBS calculator..
But my case worker thought otherwise and I was refused on October 2012 because of non submiision of uk naric statement of comparability letter,I never had the opportunity you have now because I never knew of forums at the time I was applying,I only came here and joined after I had been refused and dhanz being my witness knows how scared I was that my appeal would be rejected but thanks to God it got overturned after waiting for painful 21 weeks and visa granted on june 2013
,Please bear in mind with UKBA every case is a unique case and it depends much on the case worker like sahalyabaskar said,,,k_karan was granted visa without uk naric but i was refused because of non submission of that same uk naric letter , its safe to over provide evidence than under provide evidence ,please get the Naric statement of comparability letter and safe yourself the painful waiting...I STAND to be corrected if am wrong ....alll the best...

silver2012
Newly Registered

VISA GRANTED...

Post by silver2012 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:14 am

Hi,

Finally Got my passport yesterday.. Visa Granted.... :D

My TimeLine:

05/04/2013- Application submitted @VFS Pune
05/04/2013- Application forwarded to BHC
26/06/2013- Visa Granted
27/06/2012- Mail received from BHC-Application processed.
27/06/2013- Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.
28/06/2013- Documents received.

Total days: 85 days
Working days: 56 days (visa)
58 days (documents received)..

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am

Hi sahalyabaskar,
Applied from bangalore, having said that I asked person in VFS she said it will go through the chennai office. So i guess if you applied from chennai you should get it bit quicker.
sahalyabaskar wrote:@ k_karan

did u apply from chennai?

chohans

Post by chohans » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 am

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you that have been issued with Visas.

Quick update - Received a letter in post today BHC has upheld their decision.
I have had no news from my appeal yet but i'm sure it takes a while.

Submitted 04/02/2013
Under process 04/02/2013
Status changed- required for interview 07/05/2013
Interview Date 21/05/2013
sent to blue dart 27/05/2013
application refused
Appeal & Review sent 08/06/2013
ECM upheld decision 28/06/2013
Appeal in Uk - still waiting :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by chohans on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

K_Karan

Re: VISA GRANTED...

Post by K_Karan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 am

Congrats silver2012. All the best for your new life.
silver2012 wrote:Hi,

Finally Got my passport yesterday.. Visa Granted.... :D

My TimeLine:

05/04/2013- Application submitted @VFS Pune
05/04/2013- Application forwarded to BHC
26/06/2013- Visa Granted
27/06/2012- Mail received from BHC-Application processed.
27/06/2013- Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.
28/06/2013- Documents received.

Total days: 85 days
Working days: 56 days (visa)
58 days (documents received)..

dhanyaa_kd
Newly Registered

Finally!

Post by dhanyaa_kd » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 am

Hi guys,

Just a quick update, I finally received my passport yesterday with a shiny new visa stamp! Here's my time line below:

Visa application submitted on: 04/03/2013
Biometrics submitted on: 04/03/2013
Application forwarded to the British Deputy High Commission: 09/03/2013 (Chennai)
Email on decision made received on: 27/06/2013
Passport and documents received on: 29/06/2013
Visa valid from: 25/06/2013

Applied at: VFS, Bangalore

After a lot of up and down with numerous emails and phone calls, no requests for extra documentation or an interview and 82 working days later - I finally got my settlement visa approved.

A huge thanks to all members who posted their time lines and updated the many applicants like me with good news and valuable insights.

:D

alladin

Post by alladin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:27 pm

chohans wrote:Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you that have been issued with Visas.

Quick update - Received a letter in post today BHC has upheld their decision.
I have had no news from my appeal yet but i'm sure it takes a while.

Submitted 04/02/2013
Under process 04/02/2013
Status changed- required for interview 07/05/2013
Interview Date 21/05/2013
sent to blue dart 27/05/2013
application refused
Appeal & Review sent 08/06/2013
ECM upheld decision 28/06/2013
Appeal in Uk - still waiting :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Hi chohans,

Bit confused by the time line posted above. Could you please add more detail? You said that you received letter informing you that BHC had upheld their decision. So what is the appeal in UK that you are waiting for? (I was trying to workout the time taken during an appeal)

thanks,
alladin

chohans

Post by chohans » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 am

Hi alladin.

Review is not the same as appeal.
when we received the the decision of refusal we wrote to ECM with each point they had refused on and asked them to overturn their decision, at the same time lodged an appeal here in the uk incase the ECM uphold their decision, so if they were to refuse we have not wasted any time and the 28 days time period given had not lapsed.
Appeal can take upto 6 months.
Hope this answers your question

Kind regards
Chohans

Cf_firefly

Re: Finally!

Post by Cf_firefly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:53 am

Congrats Silver2012 and dhanyaa_kd

@Dhanyaa_kd - Could you please share the email and phone details for contacting BHC chennai .

Thanks
Firefly

dhanyaa_kd
Newly Registered

Re: Finally!

Post by dhanyaa_kd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:59 am

Emails are the best way to get in touch with the BHC, as usually they just ask you to email or call the VFS call centre line.

Email: chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk
(They usually respond by the same day or latest by the next morning - although there have been two occasions when they did not respond - and I sent them follow up emails - Emails with requests of information/updates or complaints carry a reference number which they usually use for all (email) communication forward between the VFS and BHC)

BHC, Chennai call centre: 91 (44) 4219 2151
(Link to details on the BHC, Chennai: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org ... er-chennai)

Finally, thank you for your wishes :)
Cf_firefly wrote:Congrats Silver2012 and dhanyaa_kd

@Dhanyaa_kd - Could you please share the email and phone details for contacting BHC chennai .

Thanks
Firefly

alladin

Post by alladin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 am

chohans wrote:Hi alladin.

Review is not the same as appeal.
when we received the the decision of refusal we wrote to ECM with each point they had refused on and asked them to overturn their decision, at the same time lodged an appeal here in the uk incase the ECM uphold their decision, so if they were to refuse we have not wasted any time and the 28 days time period given had not lapsed.
Appeal can take upto 6 months.
Hope this answers your question

Kind regards
Chohans
Thanks for the clarification. I was not aware about the review as an option. Anyways good to know.

cheers,
alladin

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Dear @mirabeelz, @waitnwatch
Thaaaaanks very much for sharing your experiences, since I have time & as you suggested, I will apply with UK NARIC Statement Statement of Comparability certificate

Thanks once again for your advise.
S
waitnwatch wrote:I second what mirabeelz has to say. In my wife's case i did not apply with the NARIC certificate. I submitted my wife's degree along with a letter from the college stating that the degree was taught in english language. Having said that i do believe you should get a NARIC certificate since you have ample time in hand. It all boils to ECO. Lets not give them a chance for rejection.
mirabeelz wrote:@newbie.scott

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Dear All,

Just wanted to let you all know that my wife's visa has been approved. My wife got a text on 25th June saying that it was sent to Blue Dart. There was no AW bill no. Finally after, repeatedly calling BD and VFS, we tracked the pp and my wife collected it a while ago...Big sigh of relief....;o)) Phewwww!!!

Best of luck to everyone who are awaiting. I can understand the stress.

BTW, I had choosen CAT A (my mistake) instead of CAT B but had filled the section for CAT B and had sent 12 months payslips and when I realised the mistake emailed and couried a letter of correction + new Financial Requirement form with CAT B selected.

Thanks to you all....

Submitted: 2nd April 2013

Dispatch Text fron VFS/BHC: 25th June 2013

Collected PP: 1st July 2013 ( Visa Approved)

silver2012
Newly Registered

THANKS

Post by silver2012 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:38 am

Thank u all for ur wishes...

And All the very best for those who are waiting for their visas....

rockstar2k4

Spouse Visa

Post by rockstar2k4 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Dear friends finally my wife also got the visa.. here is the timeline..

painful waiting has been ended with good news.

thanks for all your help n support.

08/04/2013- Application submitted @VFS B'lore
08/04/2013- Application forwarded to BHC
01/07/2012- SMS received from BHC-Application processed.
01/07/2012- Status changed to Processed application send to Blue dart.
02/07/2013- Documents received.

rockstar2k4

Will they issue Biometric card?

Post by rockstar2k4 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Once the spouse visa granted will they issue Biometric card for them? who applying from India?