ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can PSW be dependent of PSW, or Tier 2 applying within UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yesisay
Newly Registered

Can PSW be dependent of PSW, or Tier 2 applying within UK?

Post by yesisay » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi to all,

Please need help. I am in PSW and my gf in also in PSW. we married in uk. Now my gf is applying for Tier 2, So can I apply or be as dependent of my gf if we both are applying within UK?

OR Can I be apply within uk for dependent while my gf is in PSW before she applies to Tier 2?

Please anyone any ideas?

thanks a lot

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Your partner can switch into tier 2 after psw within the UK but for becoming her dependent you will have to apply from outside.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

yesisay
Newly Registered

Post by yesisay » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 am

sheraz7 wrote:Your partner can switch into tier 2 after psw within the UK but for becoming her dependent you will have to apply from outside.
Thanks seraz,

As per this ukba link, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ependants/

It is clear that I could apply for dependent of my wife who is also in PSW, right? Also, her visa ends on 25 oct 2013 and mine 28 dec 2013.

Thanks again

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm

I am not sure that a psw holder can be able to switch into psw depedeant while having the similar valid leave already and psw category is already closed. But for a comprehensive overview regarding depedents the following link is better to read:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS