ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

sanny26 wrote:So email back my mp again this morning and told him that my kids are due to travel this week and need their british passport, his PA replied and stated that they contact homeoffice this morning and request for my daughters passport to be return. How can they have someone documents for so long its against your human rights. Kmt. Hope that request from my mp will wake up that slow caseworker.
I read some where that a case worker cannot keep our documents folder for more than a day...I may me wrong !
Keep trying...don't give up..good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:04 pm

On the 1st july they told ombudsman that application is allocated caseworker for urgent decision. 2 weeks later still waiting. Kmt

SDP

Post by SDP » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Where is everyone today ?? Any luck guys ?

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:06 pm

SDP wrote:Where is everyone today ?? Any luck guys ?
I believe no news is good news. Results are being dispatched today so good news in the end. :)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Everyone s out enjoying the weather methinks..... 8)
Im surfing the net( like a right old saddo) researching the MP/Ombudsman route , getting ready for action at the end of this month when I hit the 6 months mark lol!
:oops:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

grenadagirl
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by grenadagirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:12 pm

On the 18 July last yr I got my acknowledgement letter so I'm hoping to hear something this week... fingers and toes crossed.

verbina
Russia

Re: waiting

Post by verbina » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:15 pm

grenadagirl wrote:On the 18 July last yr I got my acknowledgement letter so I'm hoping to hear something this week... fingers and toes crossed.
Whoa!!! Thats looong!!! Fingers and toes are crossed for you hun!!

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Very hot weather today! Luckily we don't need permission to enjoy the weather.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:30 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
I believe no news is good news. Results are being dispatched today so good news in the end. :)

how do you know results are being dispatched today? hope you are right because i think last week when most people on here got their decision it was a wednesday.
grenadagirl wrote:On the 18 July last yr I got my acknowledgement letter so I'm hoping to hear something this week... fingers and toes crossed.
good luck hope you get a decision in your favour soon

InshaAllah
Newly Registered

Post by InshaAllah » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Hello everyone, i just wanted to say i have been following this thread and decided it's time to put the sleeves up so that one day we will share the good news together.
Insha Allah

shairee_mashriq

Discretionary Leave To Remain Extension

Post by shairee_mashriq » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 am

Application for Discretionary Leave Extension, I had 3 year leave which expired in January 2013 which was granted on refusal of asylum.

Application form : DL Application form
Acknowledgement letter : Feb 2013

No biometric enrolment letter...........................

No Document returned............................

BRP not received................

Anybody with similar case and similar circumstances please share your time line and get in touch.....................
[/color]

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:23 am

On 19th July last year i did my biometric, so hopefully maybe i will get good news on or before 19th July 2013 to be exactly a year i did biometric. :lol:
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:24 am

Good morning Forum, hope some good news coming today, just waiting for post man. Good luck everyone!! God bless to all.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:25 am

InshaAllah wrote:Hello everyone, i just wanted to say i have been following this thread and decided it's time to put the sleeves up so that one day we will share the good news together.
Insha Allah
Welcome to the forum InshaAllah! By God's Grace we will all have the long-awaited good news very soon!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 am

ale001 wrote:On 19th July last year i did my biometric, so hopefully maybe i will get good news on or before 19th July 2013 to be exactly a year i did biometric. :lol:
OMG! Absolutely insane waiting 1 year since biometrics?!!!!! Well I guess the good news is only around the corner for you hun!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:33 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum, hope some good news coming today, just waiting for post man. Good luck everyone!! God bless to all.
Morning right back at you!! I find myself waiting for postman everyday in anticipation.... Which is totally silly of me, coz my HO correspondence is going straight to my solicitor lol, so I should really be just waiting for his call...
But somehow waiting for postman as well as the phone to ring gives me butterflies :oops:

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 am

@verbena but you can get your biometric enrolnment from the post in your home address.

ali90

Post by ali90 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 am

No good news in post today

How hard can it be to grant leave to remain to a person who is British born lived here all life except 2 years and has no links to country of parents nationality
No right to work or study :/ don't even have my own life in my hands

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:45 am

@ali90 did you use a solicitor or applied yourself? If you applied with solicitor, your post first came in your solicitor.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:53 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:@verbena but you can get your biometric enrolnment from the post in your home address.
Yay!! Perfect! Thank you! I knew there was a reason for my waiting for postman!! :D

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 am

Good morning to you all. Shondra nothing is ever easy with the HO unless you are a terrorist, rapist, murder, drink driver, fraudster they are all too wary of your human rights as a criminal. If you are a decent, tax paying and self sufficient individual without legal status you have no human rights whatsoever! it's tough to keep being positive given the circumstances I understand, but the power of prayer/meditation/even regular exercise will work wonders.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 am

@believe2013 you absolutely right. I have been here 15 years (8 years legally+7 year illegally). My crime is only overstayer. Got a child born here in uk nearly 10 years ago, unfortunately a small college mistake my student visa refused after 8 years in student, better to say bad luck, I didn't apply 14 years rule because my solicitor told me your clock is stopped once your visa was refused, so applied in sept 2012 under 7 year child rules, did biometric in feb 2013 after that nothing heard, already 10 months for the application. God bless.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am

I'm emotionally weak and I refuse to call them again because everytime you call is the same thing your told. I tried everything. I requested back my kids passport because they need to travel overseas for a family wedding that they taking part in and not even that homeoffice can return.. They took away my kids freedom. Kmt

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 am

Time503 wrote:
verbina wrote:
egoneo wrote:Hi guys,

just adding to the good news. Lol i didnt get indefinite leave but i did get my FLR(O) granted for 2.5 years today. BRP and documents all came in one swoop. i applied under private life and got granted under the fact ive lived here half my life and under 25. heres a quick timeline.

Applied: 13th Nov 12
acknowledged/money taken: Late Nov
Biometrics letter : 2nd March 13(when letter was dated)
Biometrics complete: 14th March 13
MP contacted: mid jun
Documents returned: 10 Jul 13th (granted on 8th jul)

Looks like they're finally really going through the backlog, guess i was also lucky with the caseworker. Good luck to everyone else and their applications. I will pray hard for your success
Congratulations hun! Enjoy your freedom!!
Congrats egoneo enjoy the peace of mind. My prayer for everyone on this forum is that they will be all be granted by the end of summer as the UKBA has said!
We are all victors and definitely victorious over UKBA!!!
Hi Time503

I send a message to you plz check your inbox and if possible reply me.

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am

InshaAllah wrote:Hello everyone, i just wanted to say i have been following this thread and decided it's time to put the sleeves up so that one day we will share the good news together.
Insha Allah
Welcome to the Forum!