ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to caculate 5 years under wp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

firstime

How to caculate 5 years under wp

Post by firstime » Tue May 08, 2007 1:40 pm

My first day of working is 1st August 2002 and but my work permit started on 30th June, which day do I qualify for 5 years? On 30 June 2007 or 1st Auguest 2007 ?

Please help...

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:54 pm

From the date which appears on the entry clearence, based on WP stamped in your passport

firstime

Post by firstime » Tue May 08, 2007 2:01 pm

Thank you for your reply but i did not have such an entry clear stamp as I was a student and was staying in the country at the moment i got the work pemit

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 08, 2007 3:05 pm

firstime wrote:Thank you for your reply but i did not have such an entry clear stamp as I was a student and was staying in the country at the moment i got the work pemit
U mean u did not apply for FLR?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 3:08 pm

it is based on residency so its the 30th of June

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 08, 2007 9:03 pm

SYH wrote:it is based on residency so its the 30th of June
But it's not clear whether the OP applied for FLR or not

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 9:11 pm

AND?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 pm

SYH wrote:AND?
What AND?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 9:22 pm

I dont see the point
what about the flr and op?
what abou it?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 08, 2007 9:25 pm

SYH wrote:I dont see the point
what about the flr and op?
what abou it?
If you read all the posts in this thread then it will be very clear.

"The OP has got a WP and he does not have any stamp on his passport..."

So my question is can you hold a WP without a stamp (FLR in this case) in the passport?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 9:28 pm

Ok but that has nothing to do with the simple calculation of what is his 5 year period

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 08, 2007 9:32 pm

SYH wrote:Ok but that has nothing to do with the simple calculation of what is his 5 year period
Yes you are right... We should only try to answer the OP's original question and not help him out IF he has made a mistake of not applying for a FLR.

Thank you for correcting me...

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue May 08, 2007 9:39 pm

If you switched status in-country you should either have a Leave To Remain stamp in your passport or a letter called "ICD 0358" granting you Leave to Remain in the UK. The relevant date is the date you switched you immigration status (Leave to Remain) to Work Permit not the date of the work permit.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 08, 2007 9:53 pm

olisun wrote:
SYH wrote:Ok but that has nothing to do with the simple calculation of what is his 5 year period
Yes you are right... We should only try to answer the OP's original question and not help him out IF he has made a mistake of not applying for a FLR.

Thank you for correcting me...
Yeah smart mule, if he wants to ask a question with flimsy info, not going to go beyond the question.
If I have a point to make I would explain why its important like how tvt made the point.
Again you can speculate till the cows come home, he might have it, you don't know

firstime

Post by firstime » Wed May 09, 2007 8:17 am

tvt wrote:If you switched status in-country you should either have a Leave To Remain stamp in your passport or a letter called "ICD 0358" granting you Leave to Remain in the UK. The relevant date is the date you switched you immigration status (Leave to Remain) to Work Permit not the date of the work permit.

TVT thanks- I checked my passport and i have stamps on my passport and i did not have any other stamps, even on my work permit letter. I suppose the stamp should be so called' endosement' and i wonder if anyone know the date on the passport should be date to start caculation? thanks

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed May 09, 2007 9:34 am

so let me get this straight... you have a student stamp in your passport. you have a letter granting you a WP. you DO NOT have a FLR(Work Permit) stamp in your passport?

firstime

Post by firstime » Wed May 09, 2007 9:53 am

I have a student visa, a work permit letter and another stamp ( suppose this is the FLR you mentioned) on my passport...

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am

thanks for clarifying... i was a bit scared that you had the WP letter but not the FLR(WP). that would be an issue.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Wed May 09, 2007 10:08 am

[quote=""SYH"]Yeah smart mule, if he wants to ask a question with flimsy info, not going to go beyond the question.
If I have a point to make I would explain why its important like how tvt made the point.
Again you can speculate till the cows come home, he might have it, you don't know[/quote]

SYH, there is no reason at all to resort to name calling and to appear so irritable in the posts that you make. If you have any opinions pls put it down in a manner that is not disruptive to the general flow of the good-will attitude in the board. People are free to ask and speculate as much as they want as long as it is not in the tone that you exhibit, in the same way you are free to ignore the speculation. But posting with the general tone of trying to get people to lowering themselves into retaliating with similar tone or name-calling will not only make this a terrible place to be in with a lot of the meeker and knowledgable ones holding back any suggestions that they may have with the fear of having to encounter someone like you. So, it will be appreciated if you will tone down your tone a bit.

My apologies to the OP for going off-topic.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed May 09, 2007 10:26 am

Excuse me doc terror
if you look at the previous post
his tone was one of dripping dry sarcasm
so i tried to lighten it up with a quick retort
sorry you didn't get it and just evaluated in a really simple minded manner but it wasn't at all as you viewed it
I am sure you can view my point of saying simple mnded consdescending too so it is going to be a no win scenario for me
but as you aren't the morality police
I think you should give it a break yourself

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Wed May 09, 2007 10:59 am

Firstly, there is nothing quick about retorting with a name-calling assuming that olisun was indeed being sarcastic. It is just petty and shows a lack of ability to coming up with smart reply above any other abiltiy of yours.
SYH wrote:but as you aren't the morality police
I think you should give it a break yourself
Nice to hear that calibre of argument after so long. Quite reminiscent of my 4th grade as I have never heard it since. Is that also a quick retort in your dictionary? :lol: Don't know whether to tell you to lighten up... or grow up!

Nevertheless, the decision to improve is yours, if you plan to heed the advice.
Jabi

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed May 09, 2007 12:09 pm

Whatever you say docterror
Clearly you will have to have the last word on the subject
talking about kindergarden

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Fri May 11, 2007 8:43 pm

SYH or whatever you are called, 90% of your posts on any topic is agressively offensive, you must learn to be polite.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Papafaith, that is pretty righteous of you

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Thank you SYH, just grow up, you are too agressive and you are easily irritated.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.