ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 pm

When i read comments some of the so call ''STUDENT''' in uk and there problem with there wife . children or even grandchildren :lol: i feel so glad that I am still single . :D

compare with USA ,Canada, Australia .. our UK visa processing waiting time for immigrant visa is lot more faster.. so don't need to be so disappoint .

keep faith .

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm

jony_dhaka wrote:When i read comments some of the so call ''STUDENT''' in uk and there problem with there wife . children or even grandchildren :lol: i feel so glad that I am still single . :D

compare with USA ,Canada, Australia .. our UK visa processing waiting time for immigrant visa is lot more faster.. so don't need to be so disappoint .

keep faith .
Hi jony , I am waiting sice October so look at me and hope u will get soon

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:31 pm

My friend got his ILR afrer 10 month ... Dont worry mate bad time never stay forever .......
amjadleeds wrote:
jony_dhaka wrote:When i read comments some of the so call ''STUDENT''' in uk and there problem with there wife . children or even grandchildren :lol: i feel so glad that I am still single . :D

keep faith .
Hi jony , I am waiting sice October so look at me and hope u will get soon

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 pm

sq wrote: Need to send fax of medical report with covering letter and he gave me number also.

My question is they expedite on this ground or not and I got a fax from india stating a letter from hospital (medical under treatment certificate). Is this letter is sufficient with covering letter.
Could you please provide the fax number so that it will be useful for me and other members as well.

As iam sailing in same boat, waiting for wife flr(m) posted in jan 2013 and no response. I have posted my cpoy of ILR BRP to flr(m) initial consideration unit 2 weeks before.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 pm

sq wrote:My question is they expedite on this ground or not and I got a fax from india stating a letter from hospital (medical under treatment certificate). Is this letter is sufficient with covering letter.

I need Your suggestion would be appreciated.
YES

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I have been reading these timelines and was hoping to add mine soon.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR end of August.

I have few questions:

After reading requirement based on 10 Long Residence:

In section 4 of the Application form it asks for some documents:

Your passort: I have those

Biometric Residence Permit: I have that

Police Certificate: N/A

Doctor's letter: Cant get them is this important?

Council Tax Letter: Doubt I will have any apart from the most recent one.

Gas/Electricity: Cant provide them as most of the placed I live were not on my name was usually included in the rent.

National insurance: Maybe I can find some of the P60's not but all.

HM Revenue and Custom Letters: I doubt I will find anything in this category.

Employer's letter: Cant provide old employers as some of them either have dissolved or moved out so its nearly impossible for me to track this

DWP: N/A cant find anything never receivced anything

Full Birth Certificate: N/A

Mortgage: Can show this

I look forward to hear from you.

Many Thanks,

Ali

abs90
Newly Registered

Post by abs90 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:26 pm

amjadleeds wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
abs90 wrote:Hi guys....
I am applying for 10 years long resident soon but I have doubt regarding few matters so getting a help would be great.

(10 years) :4 years diplomatic visa and 6 years student visa

what happened is when my diplomatic visa about to expire, i applied for tier 4 but my application been refused and asked to leave the country and apply from my home country and within 21 days i granted the visa and returned to uk( does that considered as broken period?)

second question Can i apply in person?
Hi mate when u left country your leave was expired or not. If not you was fine . U cant apply in person regards amjad leeds

and final question is type of application is it SET(o) or SET(LR) hence I'm on Tier 4 visa at the moment ( and what is the difference between them?)

Answer 2 - cannot apply in Person.
Answer 3 - Now SET(LR) for 10 years.

Hi mate when you left uk your leave was expire or not if not then not broken, you cant apply
I left after I got a refusal and the appeal option is not vaild.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 am

abs90 wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
abs90 wrote:Hi guys....
I am applying for 10 years long resident soon but I have doubt regarding few matters so getting a help would be great.

(10 years) :4 years diplomatic visa and 6 years student visa

what happened is when my diplomatic visa about to expire, i applied for tier 4 but my application been refused and asked to leave the country and apply from my home country and within 21 days i granted the visa and returned to uk( does that considered as broken period?)

second question Can i apply in person?
Hi mate when u left country your leave was expired or not. If not you was fine . U cant apply in person regards amjad leeds

and final question is type of application is it SET(o) or SET(LR) hence I'm on Tier 4 visa at the moment ( and what is the difference between them?)

Hi mate when you left uk your leave was expire or not if not then not broken, you cant apply
Hi mate when you left the UK after your refusal, your leave to remain was expired or not. If your leave was expired and you left the Uk by law its break, you left Uk before expire your leave want break.

Regards
amjad leeds

abs90
Newly Registered

Post by abs90 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:43 am

amjadleeds wrote:
abs90 wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:

Hi mate when you left the UK after your refusal, your leave to remain was expired or not. If your leave was expired and you left the Uk by law its break, you left Uk before expire your leave want break.

Regards
amjad leeds
My leave expired on 31 August and they issued the refusal on 4th of septemebr and I left the uk on 5th!

Longw8
Newly Registered

November Applicant still waiting

Post by Longw8 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:54 am

Dear all,

I applied in november 2012 and still waiting for my application to be prcessed. Called UKBA several time but only answer i get is " please continue to wait , we are currently dealing with October 2012 cases" I am happy for everyone who has got their iLR approved.

I would like to bring my case to the attention of Teresa May or UKBA CEO and any other relevent person on higher rank in UKBA.

I already involved my MP but she seems to be useless as in my second followup she explaind me that she can only followup with UKBA after two months.

Can someone please help menas what should i do to expidite my application , I am getting married in Sep and need to travel to make all necessary arrangements. Please advice and provide me a list of contact details for conplaint.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:39 am

Dear Gurus..,

I heard that we can request record of 10 years immigration report from HO using some form by paying £10.Is it true?

For example: Record of previous applications, approval/refusal dates & status etc...

In past I did requested refusal reason and HO sent the record of their investigation done and the reason for refusal and was very useful. I cant remember now, but was wondering is there any similar form. :?

If yes, can you please help me to bring in with Link or form details.

Any Help /suggestions please welcome.
many Thanks in advance..

Irfan
Last edited by rmkirfan on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

angel62

UK Born Child

Post by angel62 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:18 am

Dear everybody,
Please check whether the following questions and answers are still correct or any changes according to repeatedly changing rules?

Q29 - Does my UK-born child qualify for british citizenship?
Child born in UK before either parent is granted settlement: There is no requirement for a non-travelling UK-born-child to be included in the settlement application of the parent (that the child is a dependant of). Immediately after a parent is granted settlement, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Child born in the UK after either parent has been granted settlement: Is a British citizen by birth.

Q30 - My UK-born child has never applied for leave. Can I skip including him in the settlement application?
The important point is that children born in the UK are not required to seek permission, if they remain in the UK. Children born in the UK, who are not British, are not illegal entrants because they have not entered unlawfully. If they have not applied for leave to enter/remain in the UK, then they are not overstayers nor in breach of their conditions of leave because they do not have any conditions to breach; in principle, therefore, they may remain in the UK indefinitely! After settlement, register your child as a British citizen (as explained in the question above).

Q31 - My UK-born-child was issued leave previously. Can I skip including him in the settlement application even though his leave will expire before I can expect my settlement to come through?
Yes, if you have no reason to believe that your settlement application will be refused. If you are granted settlement then whether the child has valid (PBS or non-PBS) leave or not, or whether dependant leave will expire on the day you apply for settlement or 2 years down the line - becomes irrelevant. Any "overstay" won't affect the child's entitlement for British citizenship, if/when you're granted ILR. After settlement, register your child as a British citizen (as explained above).

Q32 - When should I consider including my UK-born child in my settlement application?
Under the following circumstances:
1. - If your UK-born-child had applied for leave in the past which is due to expire before you can expect a decision on your settlement application and you have reason(s) to believe that your settlement application may be refused. Including the child in your application will ensure that the child gets the same appeal rights as you do.
2. If you wish to travel abroad with the child soon after you receive settlement and do not have the time to apply for child's registration and British passport (and receive these documents) before you travel.

Amber
Mood:

Re: UK Born Child

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 am

angel62 wrote:Dear everybody,
Please check whether the following questions and answers are still correct or any changes according to repeatedly changing rules?

Q29 - Does my UK-born child qualify for british citizenship?
Child born in UK before either parent is granted settlement: There is no requirement for a non-travelling UK-born-child to be included in the settlement application of the parent (that the child is a dependant of). Immediately after a parent is granted settlement, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Child born in the UK after either parent has been granted settlement: Is a British citizen by birth.

Q30 - My UK-born child has never applied for leave. Can I skip including him in the settlement application?
The important point is that children born in the UK are not required to seek permission, if they remain in the UK. Children born in the UK, who are not British, are not illegal entrants because they have not entered unlawfully. If they have not applied for leave to enter/remain in the UK, then they are not overstayers nor in breach of their conditions of leave because they do not have any conditions to breach; in principle, therefore, they may remain in the UK indefinitely! After settlement, register your child as a British citizen (as explained in the question above).

Q31 - My UK-born-child was issued leave previously. Can I skip including him in the settlement application even though his leave will expire before I can expect my settlement to come through?
Yes, if you have no reason to believe that your settlement application will be refused. If you are granted settlement then whether the child has valid (PBS or non-PBS) leave or not, or whether dependant leave will expire on the day you apply for settlement or 2 years down the line - becomes irrelevant. Any "overstay" won't affect the child's entitlement for British citizenship, if/when you're granted ILR. After settlement, register your child as a British citizen (as explained above).

Q32 - When should I consider including my UK-born child in my settlement application?
Under the following circumstances:
1. - If your UK-born-child had applied for leave in the past which is due to expire before you can expect a decision on your settlement application and you have reason(s) to believe that your settlement application may be refused. Including the child in your application will ensure that the child gets the same appeal rights as you do.
2. If you wish to travel abroad with the child soon after you receive settlement and do not have the time to apply for child's registration and British passport (and receive these documents) before you travel.
Continue in your other thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jorgos82

Copies

Post by jorgos82 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:01 am

Hello all,

sent LR form 03/06/2013
payment 05/06/2013
Biometrics done 25/06/2013

Just realised that I didnt send copies of visa and passports :x

You think they will refuse my visa application because of this and is there a way I can send it just now as support of my application?

Kind regards

jony_dhaka

Re: Copies

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:49 am

I don't think they will refuse you for this silly reason. They can always photocopy by themself (i m sure they have a photocopy machine in there office ) and still if they r so tight about there money they will send you a letter ask for the photocopy from u . Main reason people get refused because of Gap time .Dont worry ..you will be fine .

For your mental satisfaction you can send copies of visa and passports to the below address :

''13. CONTACTING US AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED
If you need to contact us after you have applied, please
do so as follows.
To send us more information about your application,
write to the following address (not the one to which you
posted your application):
UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN
and give the following details in your letter:
- the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality
- any Recorded or Special Delivery number
- the date on which the application was posted
- the Home Office reference number if you have one.''

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uidelr.pdf

jorgos82 wrote:Hello all,

sent LR form 03/06/2013
payment 05/06/2013

You think they will refuse my visa application because of this and is there a way I can send it just now as support of my application?

Kind regards
Last edited by jony_dhaka on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:49 am

So do we need photocopies of our visas?
jony_dhaka wrote:I don't think they will refuse you for this silly reason. They can always photocopy by themself (i m sure they have a photocopy machine in there office and still if they r so tight in the budget they will send you a letter ask for the photocopy . Main reason people get refused because of Gap .Dont worry ..you will be fine .

sent LR form 03/06/2013
payment 05/06/2013

Kind regards

jony_dhaka

Post by jony_dhaka » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm

''9 Documents provided with the application must be
originals. All supporting evidence must be in the form
of original documents. In addition you should provide
photocopies of each of these documents including any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal
details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK).
These do not have to be notarised by a solicitor or
legal representative. If you are unable to provide the
original document, we may accept a copy certified
by the body or authority which issued the original (for
example, a copy of a savings book certified by the
building society or bank), or by a notary. The reasons
for not being able to provide the original document
must be explained in a covering letter. We are unlikely
to grant your application without the original document. Any documents which are not in English must
be accompanied by a reliable English translation.
Make sure passports or travel documents are signed''

PLEASE READ :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uidelr.pdf
ppycrmt wrote:So do we need photocopies of our visas?
jony_dhaka wrote:I don't think they will refuse you for this silly reason. They can always photocopy by themself (i m sure they have a photocopy machine in there office and still if they r so tight in the budget they will send you a letter ask for the photocopy . Main reason people get refused because of Gap .Dont worry ..you will be fine .

sent LR form 03/06/2013
payment 05/06/2013

Kind regards

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:29 pm

The Subject Access Request
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar
rmkirfan wrote:Dear Gurus..,

I heard that we can request record of 10 years immigration report from HO using some form by paying £10.Is it true?

For example: Record of previous applications, approval/refusal dates & status etc...

In past I did requested refusal reason and HO sent the record of their investigation done and the reason for refusal and was very useful. I cant remember now, but was wondering is there any similar form. :?

many Thanks in advance..

Irfan

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:37 pm

smj_jak wrote:The Subject Access Request
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... boutus/sar
rmkirfan wrote:Dear Gurus..,

many Thanks in advance..

Irfan
Great Thanks smj_jak
Hope I can request my 10 years history isn't..

sq

Post by sq » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks for responding z18runway

Fax no: is 020 81963248/49

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:42 pm

sq wrote:Thanks for responding z18runway

Fax no: is 020 81963248/49
Thanks for your help, appreciate.

Don't forget to add covering letter along with your medical letter.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:01 pm

abs90 wrote:what happened is when my diplomatic visa about to expire, i applied for tier 4 but my application been refused and asked to leave the country and apply from my home country and within 21 days i granted the visa and returned to uk( does that considered as broken period?)
Example 1
 A person enters the UK on 1 September 2004 with entry clearance as a student which is valid until 31 October 2005.
 On 5 November 2005, after their previous leave expired, the person leaves the UK.
 On 5 January 2006 the person re-enters the UK with valid entry clearance as a
student.
Question

Has continuous residence been broken?

Answer

Yes. The person did not have valid leave on the date of their departure, so continuous residence has been broken.

If the above is to be believed then, yes your continuous residence has been broken. However, if you had a chance to appeal within the said period and you left the Uk within that period which I presume you did, then you should've been covered by Section 3D.
Time awaiting a decision on an application or appeal @ Page 24 wrote:Both 3C and 3D leave count as existing leave to enter or remain in the UK, and therefore as lawful residence for the purpose of the 10 year long residence rule.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

abs90
Newly Registered

Post by abs90 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:53 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
abs90 wrote:what happened is when my diplomatic visa about to expire, i applied for tier 4 but my application been refused and asked to leave the country and apply from my home country and within 21 days i granted the visa and returned to uk( does that considered as broken period?)
Example 1
 A person enters the UK on 1 September 2004 with entry clearance as a student which is valid until 31 October 2005.
 On 5 November 2005, after their previous leave expired, the person leaves the UK.
 On 5 January 2006 the person re-enters the UK with valid entry clearance as a
student.
Question

Has continuous residence been broken?

Answer

Yes. The person did not have valid leave on the date of their departure, so continuous residence has been broken.

If the above is to be believed then, yes your continuous residence has been broken. However, if you had a chance to appeal within the said period and you left the Uk within that period which I presume you did, then you should've been covered by Section 3D.
Time awaiting a decision on an application or appeal @ Page 24 wrote:Both 3C and 3D leave count as existing leave to enter or remain in the UK, and therefore as lawful residence for the purpose of the 10 year long residence rule.
Thank you for the valuable information.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 am

alimohmand wrote:I have been reading these timelines and was hoping to add mine soon.

I will be eligible to apply for ILR end of August.

I have few questions:

After reading requirement based on 10 Long Residence:

In section 4 of the Application form it asks for some documents:

Your passort: I have those

Biometric Residence Permit: I have that

Police Certificate: N/A

Doctor's letter: Cant get them is this important?

Council Tax Letter: Doubt I will have any apart from the most recent one.

Gas/Electricity: Cant provide them as most of the placed I live were not on my name was usually included in the rent.

National insurance: Maybe I can find some of the P60's not but all.

HM Revenue and Custom Letters: I doubt I will find anything in this category.

Employer's letter: Cant provide old employers as some of them either have dissolved or moved out so its nearly impossible for me to track this

DWP: N/A cant find anything never receivced anything

Full Birth Certificate: N/A

Mortgage: Can show this

I look forward to hear from you.

Many Thanks,

Ali
Read through the application and the guidlines carefully.... I am pretty sure that these other documents comes into play if you DO NOT have your passports or travel documents (and the visas on them)

this is what it says on the applicatio
All the passports you have held during this time. If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport.
So don't worry too much about them

hukuku
Newly Registered

Re: 10 yr timeline ILR

Post by hukuku » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 am

jony_dhaka wrote:Upgraded ur info in skydrive ..Bro give a call to Home office tomorrow and let us know what they say .Wish you all the best .:D
metro_3 wrote:date of application : 16/01/2013
bio received : 29/01/2013
bio done : 30/01/2013

BRP & Passport : still waiting.

6 years student, 2 years PSW, 1.5 years Tier 2, 6 months 3c leave then varied my application to ILR.

no gaps, less than 3 months out of country, all stamps are there in the pp.

is this complicated, now it is more than 6 months. !?

FED UP of expecting the docs/BRP from the postman/courier.

could someone enter into the skydrive please.

thanks
:D :D :D
Hello, I'm new to the forum and will be sharing my experience of this starting next month.

What is the "skydrive" people are referring to here?