ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life after Set Protection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaggie44
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Life after Set Protection

Post by shaggie44 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi guys i've been a silent observer over the years, and I must admit there has been an awfully lot of helpful people on this forum.

Today I would like to pick your brains of ILR set protection:

1. After a person has been successfully granted ILR, are they still under protection? and therefore exempt from travelling to their country?? (I am aware of people travelling back and forth without issue, just need concrete info on this).

2.What passport does one under this status apply for?

3. The other issue is immediate naturalization, I know of someone who applied as soon as she got her ILR and was granted without the 1 year wait, is this the norm??

4. Lastly during application should Cautions be declared under Convictions?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 am

Regarding travelling to the Country of persecution, and possible revocation of ILR, you should read Section 4: Cessation of Refugee Status (click) 4.2.4 1C (4) Voluntary Re-establishment in the Country where Persecution was Feared.

Note also:
2.8 Naturalisation & Citizenship wrote:
Where a person with refugee status has been naturalised as a British citizen they are no longer considered a refugee. Therefore, it is not possible to take cancellation, cessation or revocation of refugee status action in such cases.
Where a situation arises where a former refugee who has been naturalised is found to have obtained refugee status by deception and thus fall within the cancellation provisions or where they have engaged in conduct which would have brought them within the scope of the exclusion clauses, then UKBA may review that person’s continuing entitlement to British Citizenship.
To travel see, Travel documents (click)

Regarding when you can apply, it's firstly necessary to see if you're eligible re; character, when was your caution issued, and for what offence?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shaggie44
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by shaggie44 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 am

D4109125 thanks for the reply, regarding the info you provided does it not apply to the legal framework for a person still under the "5 year period" or about to apply for ILR??

My questions were more focused on the practical application as evidenced by past experiences.

More like AFTER your have been issued ILR are you still considered a "REFUGEE"? this is during the 12 months before 2.8 Naturalisation & Citizenship

Also what travel documents previous applicants went on to obtain, the reason I ask is I've heard that H.O returns all your documentation from original Asylum application incl National Passport, is this true??

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:16 am

The link I gave above relates to Asylum Policy Instruction Revocation of Indefinite Leave (click) as per 3.3 which links to what I gave you above. This relates to ILR.

You never answered RE: caution.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.