ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lastlap
Newly Registered

Passport application - Query

Post by lastlap » Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi,

Filling up the passport application and 2-3 minor query(s):

1. Section 4 of the form:

The form states: "....Or if both parents were born abroad, details of full name, town, country, DOB and date of marriage of your grandparents (or details of the parents' claim to British nationality)".

(a) No idea about town, DOB and date of marriage of grandparents, so as some one as rightly pointed out in one of the threads of this forum, put it down as 'unknown'.

(b) Regarding " or details of the parents' claim to British nationality" I am applying for citizenship by being in the UK for 'X' number of years and then being on the ILR for the past one year i.e. application for the UK citizenship by naturalisation on my own right....

2. Section 5 talks about certificate of registration or naturalisation. I have just received a letter from the Home office inviting me to attend the citizenship ceremony. Does one get a certificate number after attending the citizenship ceremony held by the local authority?
Last edited by lastlap on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

cricinfo

Re: Passport application - Query

Post by cricinfo » Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm

1. Writing once should be fine.
2. As you have become british citizen through naturalization so i wouldn't worry about my grandparents details. In my own case i didn't provide these details. I would still put parents details though. This is not even necessary for naturalized person but your post office (Check and Send service) can ask you to still fill this section.

3. You will get citizenship certificate at the time of your ceremony. You have to write that certificate number on the passport application form. You also have to send original certificate to IPS along with all of your current original indian passports.
Last edited by cricinfo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

lastlap
Newly Registered

Post by lastlap » Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Many thanks cricinfo for the prompt response and the details therein....

cricinfo

Re: Passport application - Query

Post by cricinfo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:59 am

1. Writing once should be fine.
2. As you have become british citizen through naturalization so i wouldn't worry about my grandparents details. In my own case i didn't provide these details. I would still put parents details though. This is not even necessary for naturalized person but your post office (Check and Send service) can ask you to still fill this section.

3. You will get citizenship certificate at the time of your ceremony. You have to write that certificate number on the passport application form. You also have to send original certificate to IPS along with all of your current original indian passports.[/quote]