ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa/interview/ routine checksfrom ECO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nazz

fiance visa/interview/ routine checksfrom ECO

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 9:21 am

Dear All

My fiance recently attended an interview for a fiance visa at a UK consulate, after many questions she was told that they have to conduct routine checks on me the sponsor that might take from 3 to 13 weeks.

Does anybody know what sort of routine checks take up this amount of time?

When my fiance paid $1000 for the application she was told that a decision will be made on the same day, but after the interview it turned out to be that she has to wait 3 months.

We did submit all relevant papers through a well known immigration solicitor, but it seems that the visa officer was not satisfied of something.

Did anybody on this forum experienced this situation?

My question is what routine checks do take three months for a fiance visa?

Regards

Nazz

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu May 24, 2007 9:59 am

Which consulate?

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 10:01 am

answer to your question, its Uk counsulate in Minsk

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu May 24, 2007 10:13 am

Thanks. It's not unique to you.

I have been planning to bring up irregularities at the consulate in Minsk at the Entry Clearance User Panel. What I have been recommending in Minsk is for the applicant to reconstruct the interview immediately after leaving the consulate, trying to get every detail about what the interview covered down on paper.

Of course I don't know if it's related to your situation or not. But if your fiance made a transcript of her COMPLETE interview, it could only help you. If too much time has elapsed, she may not remember all the details, tho'.

yesenia
Newly Registered

Post by yesenia » Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am

Woulkd you please describe what documents were submitted with your application and in which consulate did you apply? what nationality is your sponsor? after provide this information we might be able to comment

Thanks

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 10:47 am

non of you answered my question, again it was the british Consulate in Minsk, i am the sponsor, every single document that yhey did ask was submitted by my lawyer.

My specfic question is , What are the routine checks that the ECO in misk will conduct on the sponsor that is me?

That is my question, i need an answer for this.

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu May 24, 2007 11:11 am

sorry: they can easily check: sponsorship history, police record, banking history, travel history, DVLA history, academic record, hmrc, nhs, & benefits. Those might be considered routine.

the "non-routine" would include if you have been an unknowing victim of identity theft, and your passport number (or banking info or etc) had been flagged up. Of course given the recent security breach in the VFS system, this might be routine these days.

I didn't address these originally because I doubt the ECO gave the "real" reason for the delay. If they actually needed to check up on you beforehand, then how did it reach the interview stage?

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 11:21 am

i think the ECO did not have the complete application before the interview at the interview they were curious how did i get my ILR which my fiance did not know how to answer as she doesn't know Uk laws, they said they will contact HO even though they had the certified copy of my passport.

So why do you think there is a delay in my fiance application? as you said they might not have told her the real reason, why do you think so?

many thanks

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

Applicants are not expected to know the ins and outs of UK immigration law, and if the ECO had doubts about your immigration status, he wouldn't resolve them very well by relying upon an applicant, would he?

If the ECO posed that question to guage the authenticity of your relationship, he couldn't improve his quality of information by making "routine checks" in the UK about you, could he?

If the ECO suspected that one of your exhibits was forged or fraudulent, it would be sent to the RAU in Moscow, not to the Home Office.

But to turn it around, what would you expect a "routine check" to accomplish?

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 3:31 pm

i think transpondia you missunderstood my message, i do live in Uk and hold an ILR my fiancee is belarussian nothing to do with russia, my question is why the ECO want to check my immigration status though he had infornt of him a certified copy of my passport with ILR indorsement on it?
You are right what immigartion checks will proove, whether my rlelation is genuine or not? its completly pauzzling me.

I think routine checks will only satisfy his curiosity and thats it

patrickmacgill
Newly Registered

Post by patrickmacgill » Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 pm

Firstly let me say I'm sorry to hear about the Visa situation. I just survived the fiance visa process myself. What really helped us above all else was that my fiance flew to New York to attend my interview. There was no doubt therefore that we were together and that our relationship was genuine. What also helped was that we had already made an appointment for a wedding with a registry. Having an official letterhead from a local council really helped our cause. If you didn't have a letter from the registry I would get one and send it on to the consulate.

The other thing you have to consider is that immigration is a numbers game. Belarus is not exactly the nicest place to live. People will do anything to get out of there and into Europe. The officers probably see a wide array of phony visa applications for people pretending to get married, go to school, work, etc. in the UK. Because of that they have to inspect every application with a keen eye for fraud.

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Nazz wrote:i think transpondia you missunderstood my message, i do live in Uk and hold an ILR my fiancee is belarussian nothing to do with russia
Sorry to disagree. The consulate in Minsk is governed by the FCO's Eastern European desk, and its RAU is in Moscow.

Good luck in finding out your answer.

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm

thanks transpondia very informative

jamalkhan

how long did it take you to get resonse

Post by jamalkhan » Wed May 30, 2007 1:03 am

Nazz,

How long did it take them to call your fiance for the first interview?