ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rule if applying for Naturalisation from 28 Oct 2013

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

jinish09 wrote:I have got Masters degree from Aston University but My wife has got Overseas Pharmacist Diploma from Aston University in UK, would it cover the requirement of degree in English ? Application due in December this year !
it says a degree, so that's 4 years; a masters is 1, right? theoretically, no, but better check with gurus and Naric

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:27 pm

zubbshah wrote:Hello Guys,

just a quick one.

for a personal reference, my mate would be helping me out in this regards, however he has just received his British Passport couple a days back (last month he was naturalised )

so, from now on he is a BC, so is that okay to use his reference as a British Citizen even though its not long that he is a citizen ?

please advise.

thanks a lot
Ayyubi72 wrote:Have you read the form and guidance?

Does it say anywhere that referee should have been a British citizen for a certain number of years?

You answer my query, and that will be the answer to your query. Smile
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm

D4109125 wrote:

just a quick one.

for a personal reference, my mate would be helping me out in this regards, however he has just received his British Passport couple a days back (last month he was naturalised )

so, from now on he is a BC, so is that okay to use his reference as a British Citizen even though its not long that he is a citizen ?

please advise.

thanks a lot
Ayyubi72 wrote:Have you read the form and guidance?

Does it say anywhere that referee should have been a British citizen for a certain number of years?

You answer my query, and that will be the answer to your query. Smile
Yeah, it makes sense; it would be discriminatory to say that you need to be a citizen for a certain period of time before you can do things...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Well I spoken to one of d staff at ncs in west London early on today and asked her bout accreditation from Naric and she wasnt to sure of that... she was like..what is that etc...

However where can.we find out that a Naric Accreditation at B1 Level ( naric certificate) would suffice KoLL requirement?

is it not mentioned anywhere on d ukba website ?

I tried to fish for that info but couldn't find it.

Can someone please help me with this query ??

Many Thanks,
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:If you met a B1 requirement for your PBS application (if applicable) then that will suffice.

If not your degree should suffice if it is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English.

To prove this, you need to submit a NARIC statement of comparability (click) with:

A certificate from the institution stating the medium of instruction for the degree was English

Or

A NARIC English Language Assessment (click)

And the degree certificate of course. You can get an idea if this will suffice by seeing if 10 points are awarded for your degree on the PBS calculator, if not, don't fret, just apply for the NARIC statement(s).

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 am

D4109125 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:If you met a B1 requirement for your PBS application (if applicable) then that will suffice.

If not your degree should suffice if it is comparable to a UK degree and was taught in English.

To prove this, you need to submit a NARIC statement of comparability (click) with:

A certificate from the institution stating the medium of instruction for the degree was English

Or

A NARIC English Language Assessment (click)

And the degree certificate of course. You can get an idea if this will suffice by seeing if 10 points are awarded for your degree on the PBS calculator, if not, don't fret, just apply for the NARIC statement(s).
so it looks like they will need 2 assessments 1) comparability assessment 2) English language assessment; perhaps it will be faster to just sit the test?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 am

No, the easiest way would just be a NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 am

D4109125 wrote:No, the easiest way would just be a NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English.
ah ok, a statement from the university? which would also have to be translated into English, I guess.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:25 am

Well I spoken to one of d staff at ncs in west London early on today and asked her bout accreditation from Naric and she wasnt to sure of that... she was like..what is that etc...

However where can.we find out that a Naric Accreditation at B1 Level ( naric certificate) would suffice KoLL requirement?

Many Thanks,
Buddy Accreditation from NARIC doesnt mean anything to NCS officer nor will it have any impact on your naturalisation application.

All you need to do is include your Original Degree certificate, and UKBA will do the necessary check with which ever independent body it chooses to. I dont think you have the right to force the comparability decision from Naric to home office. You may rather include the PBS selfassesment of your university if it shows 10 points for your qualification.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am

sunil.suneel wrote:

Many Thanks,
Buddy Accreditation from NARIC doesnt mean anything to NCS officer nor will it have any impact on your naturalisation application.

All you need to do is include your Original Degree certificate, and UKBA will do the necessary check with which ever independent body it chooses to. I dont think you have the right to force the comparability decision from Naric to home office. You may rather include the PBS selfassesment of your university if it shows 10 points for your qualification.
thanks Sunil

It's not for me, but a friend of mine might do that. So, she just needs to send the degree certificate, even if it's foreign and the HO will check? and she can still submit it via the NCS, right?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:13 am

I would err with caution and ensure that the points calculator is accepted.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:26 am

D4109125 wrote:I would err with caution and ensure that the points calculator is accepted.
Thanks Amber; where can she check how many points here degree is worth?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:Here.
Thanks; I tried, but not sure it works for her case; she has a 5 year Degree in Language Arts which includes translation, grammar, teaching, literature, etc... all taught in English and it was awarded by a EU university in a non English speaking country, but the Degree was taught in English, because it's Language Arts, so all the lectures have to be in English, but when I used that point system, her qualification scored 0 points for English language..

If she gets a letter from her University stating that it was taught in English and then the compatibility assessment to prove that it's UK equivalent, would that suffice?

I have a friend who did the same degree here (just different language) and it's 4 years, whereas in her country it was 5 years.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:04 pm

If she scored zero she will certainly need the NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English. I have explained above what to do.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 pm

D4109125 wrote:If she scored zero she will certainly need the NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English. I have explained above what to do.
Cheers