ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Info on Court Case

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Since June 6th it appears as rescheduled for next Tuesday (12/6)... Sorry I didn't see this before!!!
Last edited by Flor_mz on Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Florencia

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:56 pm

runie80 wrote:
brownbonno wrote:
Birdy wrote:Shame and yet im afraid to say i am really not surprised that there is no decision I hope it goes well for all you guys.

Meantime Im Re patriating on the 25th.
Birdy,

Now that it has come to this level,don't forget to collect your tax back before you leave.

BrownBono

If he gets the TAX back and later he returns to Ireland and intend to stay longterm does he have to pay that TAX back ?
You are thinking of the future when your present status is on a shaking ground.
For those leaving try and collect you tax back.
Knowledge is Power

Flor_mz

Post by Flor_mz » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:56 pm

Runie, do you know at what time next Tuesday?
Florencia

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:18 pm

Another 4 days wait is not too bad. Does the High Court have some kind of Summer recess?

Next tuesday might just be the last date for me and my wife, as we intend to go househunting in the UK next friday.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:21 pm

dsab85 wrote:Another 4 days wait is not too bad. Does the High Court have some kind of Summer recess?

Next tuesday might just be the last date for me and my wife, as we intend to go househunting in the UK next friday.
Check out www.rightmove.co.uk for properties in the UK.
Knowledge is Power

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Flor_mz wrote:Runie, do you know at what time next Tuesday?
HE said time will be confirmed on the website on monday

I will call and check on monday and will report my findings !!!!

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 pm

dsab85 wrote:Another 4 days wait is not too bad. Does the High Court have some kind of Summer recess?

U buying or renting ?

also please anyone let me know what sort of permonth costs i am looking at in london ? incase if i choose to move there

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:32 pm

brownbonno wrote:
runie80 wrote:
brownbonno wrote:
Birdy wrote:Shame and yet im afraid to say i am really not surprised that there is no decision I hope it goes well for all you guys.

Meantime Im Re patriating on the 25th.
Birdy,

Now that it has come to this level,don't forget to collect your tax back before you leave.

BrownBono

If he gets the TAX back and later he returns to Ireland and intend to stay longterm does he have to pay that TAX back ?
You are thinking of the future when your present status is on a shaking ground.
For those leaving try and collect you tax back.
yes man i am not going let them fCUK with my life. You cant make a decision without considering its future implications

so i wana know whats going to happen if you have to reenter ireland ?

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:37 pm

If anyone is going to the hearing on Tuesday...don't forget to keep us posted. I can't make my way up to Dublin, but I definitely want to hear what happens. I just can't imagine them reaching a decison on the day of the case...I always thought they have deliberation time....
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello To the Hearing Team

Kindly please update this as soon as you could after Hearing.

Much much appreciate your effort.I know most of the people are extreemely helpful

Thanks people !

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:33 pm

if ye can keeping an eye on wednesday's irish times might not be a bad idea also as they keep an eye on whats going on in court, particularily an important issue such as this

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:06 am

Do you really think they will have an article in the Times? I haven't seen anything about the case until up to this point. Actually, all of the information I know now, I learned from this forum or from calling the DOJ or immigration council. :?
Dutch husband, American wife, applied for a residence card, after 7 months got a Stamp 4 visa for two years. :)

Static

Post by Static » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:07 am

BigAppleWoodenShoe wrote:Do you really think they will have an article in the Times? I haven't seen anything about the case until up to this point. Actually, all of the information I know now, I learned from this forum or from calling the DOJ or immigration council. :?
I agree. I don't think the non EU nationals married to EU nationals are important to anybody in this country.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:54 am

Honestly I doubt anyone apart from those of you directly affected by this situation, and your friends, are even aware of it. When I have talked to my colleagues/friends about it, none are even aware of this Directive.

So why not make people aware? Why not contact the newspapers with information about the Regulations, the court case, and some of your stories. As a suggestion, you could follow the format of the "Family Matters" document created bythe Immigrant Council (see http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/familymatters.htm). If you check out Appendix A, where they include a few "case histories". You could do the same and get a number of the stories of people on this board, change the names if you wish, and show the broad spectrum of people affected by this Regulation. Give their stories and show how it is affecting their lives.

You could also provide info on the EU directive, and the Irish transpositon of this, and then compare it with how other EU countries have done this. Then you could tie in the Court Case and explain why it is so important to you all.

If you then submit this information to each of the major newspapers and see if any of them pick up on it. Many of them cover "human interest" stories, even if they are not interested in the legalities or political impact of it.

Surely anything is worth a try at this point?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 am

I am sure raising profile for this case will help as scrudu mentioned

What does everyone think. we can do something about it if everyone agrees and is willing to participate.

we can see what options are available

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:05 pm

I called the court this afternoon just to see if they have confirmed a new time (although I think someone mentioned they are going to do this later this afternoon). I tried Angela Brennen's number first, but she is out of the office until June 18th....Her voice mail said all enquiries should call 01-888-6505. When I called up that number, I talked to a woman (who was trying to rush me off the phone) who said there is still no time listed on their computer, but it will probably be at 11am. Has anybody else heard anything different? :?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:31 pm

Helloooooo !

where everyone dissapeared ?
Guys this eu-1 thing is not finished yet.

can anyone confirm the time for hearing for those who want to attend.

I called alll numbers for court and all numbers are engaged or they just put the phone on engage

anyone out there who can get the info !!!!

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Runie, did you try 01-888-6505? Maybe you will get a new person who won't rush you off the phone. Was that engaged too? Every other number I tried to call earlier today, just rang, and rang, and rang....

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:13 pm

I Guess i am lucky

The Hearing will start 11 o Clock in four courts

Judge Hannah!

Got the info!!!! so who is going now ?

SanMex

Post by SanMex » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:26 pm

When??Will they have an answer by then?? You know (dont want to sound pessimistic) but I have read in other messages that DoJ is requesting papers that proves that we lived on another EU member state. I never got asked that when I send my papers and no letter has been sent to me...but it does seem that they are keeping that statement of the "other member state"...fingers crossed anyway

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:31 pm

well once the case goes against the DOJ they cannot do anything

whatever they are doing will not hold water once the case decision goes againt them !

BigAppleWoodenShoe

Post by BigAppleWoodenShoe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

The DOJ is waiting for the court case before processing current applications and others who were previously denied have the opportunity to repeal their decision...SanMex, if you read through the old posts, this was mentioned by a few forum members (not just me). So, keep your fingers cross!!!

I was never requested to send in evidence of EU residency either. Hopefully, after tomorrow though, that won't matter!!!!

Thanks so much for the verification, Runie!!!!

Now, are any of you Dubliner's going???

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:54 pm

I am going,though I will have to pick up my wife at the airport first.I might be a bit late.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Where is the Old Crowd which attended the hearing

I am not sure I have interview in the morning.
I might come i will conform this in evening

In the mean time who else is willing to go ?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Here's the listing on the High Court website

IN DISTILLERY COURT 2
Mr Justice Hanna
At 1100 o'clock
2005 25 COS TRINITY PRODUCTS (LIMERICK) LTD V COMPANIES ACTS (COSTS)
2006 236COS SMYTH AEROSPACE MANUFACTURING LTD (IN VOL LIQ) V COMPANIES ACTS (COSTS)
2006 7CT M V MINISTER FOR HEALTH & CHILDREN (FM)
2005 39CT Q V MINISTER FOR HEALTH & CHILDREN (FM)
2006 758JR K & ANOR V MJELR & ORS (FM/COS)

http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/8e9 ... enDocument