ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of surname on teir1 dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tiree
Newly Registered

change of surname on teir1 dependant visa

Post by tiree » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello,
I am currently on tier 1 dependent in the UK and Indian passport holders. I have my birth surname on my passport and visa. But now I want to change my surname to my husbands surname.
I can easily get a new Indian passport with my new married name, however Indian Commission does not transfer any visas to the new Indian passport.

The question is, how do I go about changing the name in my Tier 1 dependant visa? I can't find any information on UKBA site. Can I just show both my new passport and old passport at the border even though I have different names in them? Or how can I transfer the visa to my new passport and change the name? Or Can I just change it when my next extension?

Thank you,
Tiree.