ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call from Home Office! (Need Help)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Call from Home Office! (Need Help)

Post by Addicted zoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I applied for naturalisation on 9th Oct 2013. Today I received a call from home office - they wanted to confirm my address details as there was a gap of five months between moving from one address to another.

In Nov 2011 I left my house and then I moved to a new place in Mar 2013.

From Nov 2011 to Feb 2012 I was out of the country. So when I returned back in Feb 2012 I stayed one month in a hostel and moved to new place in March 2012.

The Home Office agent said I need to address that. I told him you can see my passport stamps to see I was out of the country but he replied it's not his job. And said he will send me a letter now and this could delay my application by few months.

So my questions is.

Should I put my international address for that period?
Or simply write them that I was out and send stamps from my passport.

What about one month period I stayed in hostel?

Thank you

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi Addicted zoo,

You should specify your addresses CLEARLY international or not. Give all details they need or they will go out and find them which can take months so it is better for you to tell them where you were, simple ;)

Just a question, you said you applied on 9th Oct. have they taken your fees yet? Have you had your ack letter yet?

There call to you is a good sign that they actually started processing your applicaction which is positive news!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41 pm

In this kind of situation, I suggest to just use the address where your bank and other credit statements go. It doesn't matter if you were out for 5 months on holiday. This will eliminate any further queries. If you have given international address to the bank give that international address.

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Post by Addicted zoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 pm

No I have not received the acknowledgment letter yet. And payment was not. taken till yesterday.

One more question how do ukba verify past address. I think I have missed one address in the application and added the dates to other address.

I have a feeling I'm getting in trouble.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

[quote="Addicted zoo"]No I have not received the acknowledgment letter yet. And payment was not. taken till yesterday.

One more question how do ukba verify past address. I think I have missed one address in the application and added the dates to other address.

I have a feeling I'm getting in trouble.[/quote]
Gurus,

How come someone looked at his application before payment go through, isn't this against what was normally thought to be the way?!

Addicted zoo,

Mate, this is a very serious application you have made and they take their job seriously, they have their own way of making sure everything is in order so I personally recommend you declare your oevrseas address, you may need to take advise from professional and probably you will need to write down explaining why you didn't mention the overseas address and state any missed address clearly unless you want for their decision forever, do as they say.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Payment can take up to 3-4 days to reflect on your account. It is possible that application was allocated to case work and at the same time payment was processed. It is good of case worker to give you call asking you the missing dates, otherwise you would have to wait weeks for the letter to reach you.

They check credit reference data and HMRC records for tax, from that they can check your address history.

Nothing to worry about as far as you full fill the residential criteria of not staying out of UK more than allowed. Just give the missing period address and things should be fine.

It may delay your application a bit.

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Post by Addicted zoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Another thing is yesterday late night there was a raid by ukba in my building. They also came to my flat for checking and checked my ILR , one of the guys said good luck for your naturalisation application, I didn't tell them that I have applied for it. And today I got the call. Could this be linked.?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 pm

On there system when they checked your details it will more than likely have said you had an application in at the moment or s(he) just expected you to apply for citizenship. I wouldn't worry about anything.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

forbc123

Re: Call from Home Office! (Need Help)

Post by forbc123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Addicted zoo wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied for naturalisation on 9th Oct 2013. Today I received a call from home office - they wanted to confirm my address details as there was a gap of five months between moving from one address to another.

In Nov 2011 I left my house and then I moved to a new place in Mar 2013.

From Nov 2011 to Feb 2012 I was out of the country. So when I returned back in Feb 2012 I stayed one month in a hostel and moved to new place in March 2012.

The Home Office agent said I need to address that. I told him you can see my passport stamps to see I was out of the country but he replied it's not his job. And said he will send me a letter now and this could delay my application by few months.

So my questions is.

Should I put my international address for that period?
Or simply write them that I was out and send stamps from my passport.

What about one month period I stayed in hostel?

Thank you
Was the call displaying any number, so that you can call them back in case?

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Post by Addicted zoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 pm

No, it was from unknown number. Left a voicemail that they will call back in one hour. That is when I picked up

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Addicted zoo wrote:No, it was from unknown number. Left a voicemail that they will call back in one hour. That is when I picked up
Thanks Addicted Zoo - I too missed call from unknown number yesterday, but did not leave any voice mails

I did receive acknowledgement letter today, applied on 5th at NCS in London

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 pm

@Addicted Zoo - have you applied using NCS or self?

As I understand - you just need to give overseas address for that gap that's all.

Have you mentioned that address gap in your absences table and what is the reason you mentioned in the table for that period?

You mentioned about UK address extension - I reckon you should be okay as long as you were resident in UK

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Post by Addicted zoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Yes I have mentioned the gap in the table as visiting family/holiday.

When I told the case officer about this on the phone, he said he can't advice and is not his job. So he will send me a letter now.

Let's see what they ask when I get the letter.

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Addicted zoo wrote:Yes I have mentioned the gap in the table as visiting family/holiday.

When I told the case officer about this on the phone, he said he can't advice and is not his job. So he will send me a letter now.

Let's see what they ask when I get the letter.
Oh! Did he mention he is case officer, and your application will be delayed by 2 months because of not filling address though your passport shows it