ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family appilcation for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

legendz
Newly Registered

Family appilcation for naturalisation

Post by legendz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:02 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 years WP + 1 year ILR
Method of application: self
Date of application: 21/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22/10/2013 (special delivery)
Date of acknowledgement : TBA
Date of debit of fees: TBA
Date of approval: TBA
Date of Ceremony:TBA

I did the application myself for my husband and I and our two children. The fees have not been taken out of my account even though it is now 2 weeks later. Should I be worried? Anyone else applied late October and had their fees taken? I only completed one payment slip, as they offer special rates for applying as a married couple and also for 2 children at the same time. Anyone else done this or should I have done a seperate one for each person in the family? ( I clearly marked on the form that this was for a family application with all our full names and DOB's.)
Also, I used the form dated December 2012.. I printed it off a few weeks before submitting it as had to get it to references etc. I only saw the form dated Sept'13 on the day I submitted our application so did not have time to print and complete new one. The only difference that I could see between the Dec '12 and Sep'13 form was a little block with advance notice on the Sep'13 form about the rules changing on the 28th of October re knowledge of life in the UK. Surely they can't reject my application based on this as my application was received before the 28th?

Heisgood

Re: Family appilcation for naturalisation

Post by Heisgood » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 am

legendz wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years WP + 1 year ILR

I did the application myself for my husband and I and our two children. The fees have not been taken out of my account even though it is now 2 weeks later. Should I be worried? Anyone else applied late October and had their fees taken? I only completed one payment slip, as they offer special rates for applying as a married couple and also for 2 children at the same time. Anyone else done this or should I have done a seperate one for each person in the family? ( I clearly marked on the form that this was for a family application with all our full names and DOB's.)
Also, I used the form dated December 2012.. I printed it off a few weeks before submitting it as had to get it to references etc. I only saw the form dated Sept'13 on the day I submitted our application so did not have time to print and complete new one. The only difference that I could see between the Dec '12 and Sep'13 form was a little block with advance notice on the Sep'13 form about the rules changing on the 28th of October re knowledge of life in the UK. Surely they can't reject my application based on this as my application was received before the 28th?
Keep calm and carry on. There is no need to worry payment is taking up to 3wks-1mth. See the October timeline here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=147260
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

jogeg
Newly Registered

Re: Family appilcation for naturalisation

Post by jogeg » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:48 am

Using one payment slip is the normal thing to do. I would imagine that there would have been lots of applications going in trying to beat the new criteria so that might be why this is taking some time.
legendz wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years WP + 1 year ILR

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:34 pm

I have just emailed UKBA and received the following reply:

"I can confirm that a package with the tracking number you gave was received on 22/10/2013. You should receive an acknowledgment letter between 4-6 weeks after we received your application. During busy periods this may even take 7 weeks as payment will take longer to clear. I cannot see any payment taken with the details you have given and I suspect you are still in this payment queue. If you still receive no further correspondence in the next two to three weeks, please get in touch."

So it's due to be a long wait!