ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Required for Passport After 28th October

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iDoctor

Document Required for Passport After 28th October

Post by iDoctor » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 am

Hi there !!!!

List of Document for Passport

1) All your Old Passport should I include Cancelled One as well
2) Naturalization Cert
3) Passport Form
4) Two Pics

What is the best mode of payment ?
Can i included return envelop so they can send me orignal documents back

Thanks in Advanced for all your Help

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 am

1). Yes send all passports (including the cancelled ones).
2). You need to send the Original Naturalization Certificate.
3). Yes, Passport Application Form (section 10 and 1 photo completed by your counter-signatory).
4). 2 photos in total (only one needs to be counter signed).

I would advise using the Post Office check & send service . They will take £8.75 for checking your application form for any common mistakes and will also send your application via Special Delivery next day service. They will also take the Passport fee from you (so you can pay with any debit or credit card or even with cash).

If you pay the post office another £3 (or may be £3.5), then IPS will return your existing passport(s) and Naturalization Certificate via a Secure Courier (probably DX courier).

After submitting your passport application, HMPO will return your Naturalization Certificate and existing passports within 10 days. Then in few days time, they will send you a letter with a reference number.

This letter will require you to call HMPO and book an appointment for the passport interview in your desired HMPO office. (if you are applying for your first adult passport).

Once you have attended the passport interview, your British Passport should arrive via a secure courier in few days time.