ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Ashblackhawk wrote:Hi guys,

I have a question. I am in process of getting my ILR LR having applied in August 2013. Now, I wish to know whether I should go for FLR(M) for my spouse of go for SET(M) settlement straight away ? She is with me as student dependent, PSW dependent and Tier - 2 dependent since July 2006.

I presume you haven't yet been granted with your ILR. However, when is your spouse current visa valid up to?

If you are aiming to attend a PEO appointment then there are a handful lot of people who managed to get ILR instead of switching to FLR(M) followed by SET(M).

Also, I have a question regarding tenancy agreement for these applications ! does is have to be a necessity ?

Mostly recommended.

can last 5 years of joint bank statements or payslips of p60's in wife's name not be sufficient proof of address of two people living together ?

What about utility bills, NHS letters, Council letters. Don't really have to be joint if you cannot.
Thanks for the update, Damanisshallo. Our Tier-2 visa is valid till - March 2014. However, I would take a risk of PEO appointment and going to SET(M), if not there is always a FLR(M) route.

What I really cannot understand how, HO considers Tenancy agreement in two people's name as a proof of living together, while Utility bills, NHS letters, Bank Statements are viewed as not sufficient proof ! I am planning to take a letter from my Landlord confirming our continuous residence for last 5 years instead of tenancy agreements + all other proof of address letters, payslips, bills, bank statement etc. I hope it will do the trick.

setlrapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by setlrapplicant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:42 pm

sorry mate, i cant buy your logic.

i am on sponsor's workpermit since last 4 years and working as a engineer, paying tax every thing. i done my BRP, 1 and half year ago with my workpermit extension.
so basically they have done all necessary checks on my last extension, isnt it? same like others.

Still i am convince they could decide applications with in 2 weeks maximum.

ppycrmt wrote:5 years work permit has sponsors and a proven track record of tax and national insurance.

10 years ILR is different, you can basically just live in the country for 10 years and get a life long visa. You can be a student in the UK for 10 years, without paying a penny to HMRC and still get your ILR.

Of course, there are a couple of visa processes where you can get your answer within the same day, but for 10 years ILR, it takes 6 months. Shit happens.
setlrapplicant wrote:what about on window they giving same day ILR to 5 years work permit holders?

ppycrmt wrote:It is because the HO is dealing with applications which are more important than the ILR. They are granting someone who is going to stay in the UK for a long time, so you bet they will do all necessary research before granting you the ILR.
setlrapplicant wrote:
no mate, waiting, waiting, waiting.

I dont under stand what takes home office such a long time ( 3 to 6 months )to decide applications, they have all the records of every person in uk.
they can fetch the data in one click

for 5 years work permit applications they deciding on same day at window.
why not 10 years category?

setlrapplicant
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by setlrapplicant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:43 pm

robs079 wrote:Hi there ,i just got my ILR on the 30/11/13 and felt that i should give my timelines which can provide guidelines to those who are in the waiting game with HO.Here it is
Application post 05/08/13
BIOMETRIC 20/08/13
BIOMETRIC DONE 27/08/13
APPROVAL LETTER 30/11/13
BIOMETRIC CARD 02/12/13

History :8.5 yrs student,1.5 yrs psw and 1 refusal.

Hope it helps,God bless

congratulationsssssssss :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:20 pm

You can go and complain. But they won't do anything about it. Seeing applications sped up in the last couple of months is already a miracle, considering the government is doing cost cutting. I too have my BRP 2 years ago, so do many others on this forum.

I am convinced too that they can decide on your application within weeks. But they wouldn't do it. Plus they have a massive backlog, factor in the number of teas they make per day. They just don't have the human resource.

Not saying I am on UKBA's side, I am totally not, I had many problems with them before, and my family. But if I imagine myself looking through someone's applications, it can be a daunting task. But that shouldn't be their excuse for being slow.
setlrapplicant wrote:sorry mate, i cant buy your logic.

i am on sponsor's workpermit since last 4 years and working as a engineer, paying tax every thing. i done my BRP, 1 and half year ago with my workpermit extension.
so basically they have done all necessary checks on my last extension, isnt it? same like others.

ppycrmt wrote:5 years work permit has sponsors and a proven track record of tax and national insurance.

10 years ILR is different, you can basically just live in the country for 10 years and get a life long visa. You can be a student in the UK for 10 years, without paying a penny to HMRC and still get your ILR.

Of course, there are a couple of visa processes where you can get your answer within the same day, but for 10 years ILR, it takes 6 months. Shit happens.
setlrapplicant wrote:what about on window they giving same day ILR to 5 years work permit holders?

ppycrmt wrote:It is because the HO is dealing with applications which are more important than the ILR. They are granting someone who is going to stay in the UK for a long time, so you bet they will do all necessary research before granting you the ILR.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Totally agree with ppycrmt. There are few people here waiting for a year now since they sent their application in 2012. That's the reality, they either just don't care or are simply helpless to do anything about reducing the processing time. I think in part the improvement we have witnessed in recent weeks is a step change and I'm sure we all welcome this improvement. This is also perhaps partly due to efforts taken earlier this year to get a grip on UKBA. They are after all answerable to ministers now. That should change things slowly. I still remember the days when majority of applications used to be dealt within 90 days. Gone are the days..... :(
ppycrmt wrote:You can go and complain. But they won't do anything about it. Seeing applications sped up in the last couple of months is already a miracle, considering the government is doing cost cutting. I too have my BRP 2 years ago, so do many others on this forum.

I am convinced too that they can decide on your application within weeks. But they wouldn't do it. Plus they have a massive backlog, factor in the number of teas they make per day. They just don't have the human resource.

Not saying I am on UKBA's side, I am totally not, I had many problems with them before, and my family. But if I imagine myself looking through someone's applications, it can be a daunting task. But that shouldn't be their excuse for being slow.

Gryphon

sussexguy

Deopendent of an ILR applicant on the basis of 10 years res.

Post by sussexguy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi,
I wish to know what category can the wife apply if the husband is applying under 10 years residency? Before application, the wife entered as dependent of Tier 2 Migrant and remained in the UK for two years, when 10 years period is completed.

FLR(LR) does not allow dependent so I am not sure what happens to the dependent. The dependent must be allowed to simultaneously make application under another category, since the Tier 2 dependent won't exist.

Regards,
S

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Deopendent of an ILR applicant on the basis of 10 years

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:50 pm

sussexguy wrote:Hi,
I wish to know what category can the wife apply if the husband is applying under 10 years residency? Before application, the wife entered as dependent of Tier 2 Migrant and remained in the UK for two years, when 10 years period is completed.

FLR(LR) does not allow dependent so I am not sure what happens to the dependent. The dependent must be allowed to simultaneously make application under another category, since the Tier 2 dependent won't exist.

Regards,
S
When is her current leave expiring? If it is expiring before you could get a decision on your ILR then, use FLR(M) Application with a covering letter requesting them to hold her application until you get a decision on your ILR.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

setlrapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by setlrapplicant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:48 pm

My friend, i was saying in starting of this conversation that " I dont under stand why ............". i didnt want to complain of any one here in this forum and i am sure you knows legally you cant complain of home office before 6 months which they clearly mention on their web site and even on ACK letter.

I am pleased to know that you convinced too.
what ever the reason every one of us is stuck in tension by keep thinking what will happen, if home office done this if home office done that etc... for atleast for 4 to 6 months.

Any way lets hope for the best for every one of us.

ppycrmt wrote:You can go and complain. But they won't do anything about it. Seeing applications sped up in the last couple of months is already a miracle, considering the government is doing cost cutting. I too have my BRP 2 years ago, so do many others on this forum.

Superstar789
Newly Registered

Post by Superstar789 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Congratulations Robs079

robs079 wrote:Hi there ,i just got my ILR on the 30/11/13 and felt that i should give my timelines which can provide guidelines to those who are in the waiting game with HO.Here it is
BIOMETRIC 20/08/13
BIOMETRIC DONE 27/08/13
APPROVAL LETTER 30/11/13
BIOMETRIC CARD 02/12/13

History :8.5 yrs student,1.5 yrs psw and 1 refusal.

Hope it helps,God bless

Superstar789
Newly Registered

Re: Passport received

Post by Superstar789 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Many many congratulations Jesse22

Jesse22 wrote:Just wanted to update everyone, I just received my passport and documents. They seemed to have started dealing with Aug applications

Previous visa
Student 2003 - 2013
Applied using SET (LR) Form

Application sent: 01-08-2013
Payment Method :debit card
Application Received--02-08-2013
Payment Taken from bank
Acknowledgement letter: 06-08-2013
Biometrics letter received & enrolled: 21-09-2013
passport and other documents received: 30-11-2013

I didn't get my biometric letter on time, it took about 7 weeks. I wrote to the home office and they replied saying they had sent it (it might have gotten lost). Nonetheless, they sent another one, giving me 13 days to enrol.

I didn't use a lawyer

Hope this help! Goodluck to everyone still waiting.

Superstar789
Newly Registered

Re: ILR received

Post by Superstar789 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Congratulations............

vasa_1980 wrote:Hi,

Thanks Jesus, I received my ILR today.

My story
Application sent 02/08/2013
Biometric 07/08/2013
Document received with ILR 28/11/2013

Student and than work permit holder for last 10 years.
No gap or refuse

Documents sent - passports, salary slips, bank statements, utility bills, landlord letter, degree certificates ( some ppl have only sent passports and successfully received their ILR, but I sent all to be in the safe side.)

No solicitors used - special thanks to Amber, Graceofgod, Lucapooka
sushdmehta

I wish all the best for applicant waiting for their decision.

aye-elle-arr
Newly Registered

Post by aye-elle-arr » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

People who are waiting for more than 6 months have the option of contacting their local MP and make a complaint!? I know a few people who have done that.

I think that you are all forgetting that we are actually paying £1035 for this application!? UKBA is government funded and on top of that, we are paying that kind of money and they are unable to provide a decent service!! It is simply ridiculous – they just do as they wish.

I think the waiting time is deliberately meant to act as a deterrent to potential ILR applicants rather than a lack of resources or the complexity of the application or doing research!!

I have been hearing about Home office backlogs for years and years! In any other organisations, people would have lost their jobs for being so ineffective and incompetent

setlrapplicant wrote:My friend, i was saying in starting of this conversation that " I dont under stand why ............". i didnt want to complain of any one here in this forum and i am sure you knows legally you cant complain of home office before 6 months which they clearly mention on their web site and even on ACK letter.

what ever the reason every one of us is stuck in tension by keep thinking what will happen, if home office done this if home office done that etc... for atleast for 4 to 6 months.

hakki
Newly Registered

End of August 2013 Applied, waiting game is on

Post by hakki » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi All,
I applied on 31.08.2013 and is biting each day for some good news !

Here is my timeline:

Application post 31/08/13
Acknowledgement received: 03/09/13
Money Taken Out of debit card: 02/09/13
BIOMETRIC 15/09/13
BIOMETRIC DONE 16/09/13
APPROVAL LETTER .................................waiting
BIOMETRIC CARD ..................................waiting

Wising a good result for all......................... :roll:

Miangee

ilr

Post by Miangee » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi thanks for response

can any one share experience that if some one have applied ILR and then in common assault case is with in the court will also be refusal before the case is pending in court for conclusion even
and if they refused on ILR for 10 year due to criminality are they give DL leave are not or any appeal for refusal

Miangee

Re: ilr

Post by Miangee » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 pm

hi
i have spoken one of solicitor whose advice that for 10 Year ILR we cannot apply before 28 days means 9 year 11 months 4 days in UK and has said it must be completed 10 year otherwise they refused but i have read in guideline of SET LR we can Apply before 28 for the period of eligible
is it also can be apply even the got more than six month visa left even

setlrapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by setlrapplicant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 am

yes you can apply, i have more than 1 year visa left and i applied 26 days before my 10 years.

Miangee wrote:hi
i have spoken one of solicitor whose advice that for 10 Year ILR we cannot apply before 28 days means 9 year 11 months 4 days in UK and has said it must be completed 10 year otherwise they refused but i have read in guideline of SET LR we can Apply before 28 for the period of eligible

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am

[quote="Miangee"] Just Needs Prays

can any one share experience that if some one have applied ILR and after then in common assault case is with in the court will also be refusal before the case is pending in court for conclusion even
and if they refused on ILR for 10 year due to criminality are they give DL leave are not or any appeal for refusal[/quote]

syed07
Newly Registered

Re: Deopendent of an ILR applicant on the basis of 10 years

Post by syed07 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
sussexguy wrote:Hi,

Regards,
S
When is her current leave expiring? If it is expiring before you could get a decision on your ILR then, use FLR(M) Application with a covering letter requesting them to hold her application until you get a decision on your ILR.
hi dear Damanisshallo,
the home office has changed the forms on 1.12.13 for 10 years long route , 5 years and other dependents new form FLR(FP)could you have a look please and suggest us what we can do now, thanks

lucky13

Dear HO

Post by lucky13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 am

Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:51 am

I also applied 23 days prior to 10yrs continuous residence time its in the guidance

]yes you can apply, i have more than 1 year visa left and i applied 26 days before my 10 years.

Miangee wrote:hi
[/quote]

lucky13

Post by lucky13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 am

I updated on SkyDrive.
Good Luck

akb titu wrote:i applied on 05/08/2013

biometric enrolled 14/09/2013

approval letter :still waiting....

8 yrs student 2 years psw

hope it arrives in this week

BIOMETRIC 20/08/13
BIOMETRIC DONE 27/08/13
APPROVAL LETTER 30/11/13
BIOMETRIC CARD 02/12/1

Hope it helps,God bless
[/quote]

lucky13

Re: End of August 2013 Applied, waiting game is on

Post by lucky13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:06 am

I updated on SkyDrive.
Good Luck

hakki wrote:Hi All,
I applied on 31.08.2013 and is biting each day for some good news !

Here is my timeline:

Application post 31/08/13
Acknowledgement received: 03/09/13
Money Taken Out of debit card: 02/09/13
BIOMETRIC 15/09/13
BIOMETRIC DONE 16/09/13
APPROVAL LETTER .................................waiting
BIOMETRIC CARD ..................................waiting

Wising a good result for all......................... :roll:

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

MP in this country won't do anything for you!

You are right, paying £1051 and we should expect at least a better service than what we are receiving now. The best they can do is to provide status update.

It is ridiculous that they can do whatever they want. It is unfair. But the UKBA is probably thinking that if you don't like it, then you can leave!

You can complain all you want (as I have done many times!), but the opinion of one person is difficult to deter their effort to improve; they are adamant to change.
aye-elle-arr wrote:People who are waiting for more than 6 months have the option of contacting their local MP and make a complaint!? I know a few people who have done that.

I think that you are all forgetting that we are actually paying £1035 for this application!? UKBA is government funded and on top of that, we are paying that kind of money and they are unable to provide a decent service!! It is simply ridiculous – they just do as they wish.

I think the waiting time is deliberately meant to act as a deterrent to potential ILR applicants rather than a lack of resources or the complexity of the application or doing research!!

I have been hearing about Home office backlogs for years and years! In any other organisations, people would have lost their jobs for being so ineffective and incompetent

setlrapplicant wrote:My friend, i was saying in starting of this conversation that " I dont under stand why ............". i didnt want to complain of any one here in this forum and i am sure you knows legally you cant complain of home office before 6 months which they clearly mention on their web site and even on ACK letter.

Mess
Newly Registered

Re: Dear HO

Post by Mess » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:15 am

lucky13 wrote:Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.
my friend Abudu got his approved letter yesterday. He applied on 13/08/3012

I have updated on skydrive :lol:

Mess
Newly Registered

Re: Dear HO

Post by Mess » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 am

Mess wrote:
lucky13 wrote:Come on HO, please don’t slow down let’s finish August before Christmas.
my friend Abudu got his approved letter yesterday. He applied on 13/08/3012

I have updated on skydrive :lol:
Sorry, mistakes, he applied on 13/08/2013