ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Domestic Violence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashwini_k

Naturalisation - Domestic Violence

Post by ashwini_k » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:05 am

A friend came to the UK on a spouse-dependent visa in August 2010. She had family troubles and got a divorce. Home office granted her an ILR in February 2011 for domestic violence cases.

She wants to know when she can apply for her citizenship. She was told that she can apply after three years. Is that true?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:04 pm

"She was told" ?

By whom?

I was told last week I would win lottery. But I haven't.

:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t16RbhpzhUc

ashwini_k

response

Post by ashwini_k » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I am assuming you are saying no. But not a very helpful response.

I hope somebody else is able to give me a clearer answer.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:30 pm

The clearer answer is "No she can't".

VR

Friendly Request to Brother Ayyubi72

Post by VR » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Bhai,

People come here with anxiety and post questions. Dont you think answers should be to the point ? Also riddles and off the cuff remarks can further their discomfort and cause more anxiety.

We know that as migrant your may not intentionally want to hurt a fellow passenger. But unintentionally there is a potential to cause confusion and hurt.

Brother please reply with reference to the law so as to avoid misunderstandings. In this instance the lottery post was like an unexpected explosion in the face.

Please do not misunderstand this request. As it is the average migrant has to face to many odds to reach where he has reached.

Allah Haafiz,
VR

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Unless the applicant is the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen s(he) will have to have been resident in the UK for 5 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

moha1212
Newly Registered

Post by moha1212 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Amber_ wrote:Unless the applicant is the spouse or civil partner of a British Citizen s(he) will have to have been resident in the UK for 5 years.
What are you trying to achieve Ayyubi72 ???? your comments are really repellant and make me feel sick , we've come to this forum seeking help and advice , not to receive such loathsome comments
Moderator, please stop this infantile attitude