ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Entries on UK 6 Month's Family Visitor Visa!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rana12570
Newly Registered

Multiple Entries on UK 6 Month's Family Visitor Visa!

Post by rana12570 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Dear All,

I'm in the process to sponsor my mother 6 months family visitor visa application!

Once she get the UK family visitor visa initially for 6 months, is it possible that my mother stays with me in the UK for 2 weeks and then fly to USA from UK? She has got 5 year USA multiple entry visitor visa.

After leaving for USA from the UK and staying in the USA for 2 months, on her way back again come to the UK for 1 week and then go back to her home country???

Is this possible as mention above?? Does UK allow multiple entries on 6 months family visitor visa????

Could you guys shed some light on it!

regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes, if it's a multiple entry visa she can come and go as much as she likes for the duration of the visa. Does her visa have a mult endorsement.?

rana12570
Newly Registered

Post by rana12570 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:00 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, if it's a multiple entry visa she can come and go as much as she likes for the duration of the visa. Does her visa have a mult endorsement.?
As stipulated by the Home Office website below!

Checking your visa

Your visa contains the following information:

1. 'Valid from' date. You cannot enter the UK before this date.

2. 'Valid until' date. You must leave the UK by this date, unless you have successfully applied for permission to extend your stay. In some immigration categories, you cannot apply to extend your stay. We suggest that you apply for permission to extend your stay (if you are allowed to do so) at least 4 weeks before your visa's 'valid until' date.

You can arrive in the UK at any time up until the 'valid until' date, but remember that this is also the last day that you are permitted to stay in the UK.

3. Length of stay. This is the maximum length of your stay in the UK. If you have a multiple-entry visit visa, it will be the maximum length of your stay in the UK on any 1 occasion.

What does this mean??? Why Length of your stay can’t be spread on multiple occasions within the visa validity date??? If that’s the case then what is the meaning of “Mult” endorsed on the visa???????????

4. Entry terms. If your visa says 01, you may use it to enter the UK only once. If your visa says 02, you may use it to enter the UK twice while the visa is valid. If your visa says "MULT" (multiple), you can enter the UK a number of times while the visa is valid. UK visas are normally valid for multiple entries to the UK, until the 'valid until' date.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't understand. Are you asking another question? If so, what is your question?

pennylessinindia

Re: Multiple Entries on UK 6 Month's Family Visitor Visa!

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:48 pm

rana12570 wrote:Dear All,

I'm in the process to sponsor my mother 6 months family visitor visa application!

Once she get the UK family visitor visa initially for 6 months, is it possible that my mother stays with me in the UK for 2 weeks and then fly to USA from UK? She has got 5 year USA multiple entry visitor visa.

After leaving for USA from the UK and staying in the USA for 2 months, on her way back again come to the UK for 1 week and then go back to her home country???

Is this possible as mention above?? Does UK allow multiple entries on 6 months family visitor visa????

regards,
yes she can do this as long as all her time in the UK is within the dates shown on the visa. She must leave the UK the second time on or before the end date on her visa. It is unlikely that a visa would not be multiple entry. You can show these travel plans when applying and as long as you can show she meets all the requirements and has a valid US visa there would be no reason not to do the travel as she plans.. This is a pretty common way for older Indian persons to travel when they have family in the US and UK.
pennyless

rana12570
Newly Registered

Re: Multiple Entries on UK 6 Month's Family Visitor Visa!

Post by rana12570 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
rana12570 wrote:Dear All,

regards,
yes she can do this as long as all her time in the UK is within the dates shown on the visa. She must leave the UK the second time on or before the end date on her visa. It is unlikely that a visa would not be multiple entry. You can show these travel plans when applying and as long as you can show she meets all the requirements and has a valid US visa there would be no reason not to do the travel as she plans.. This is a pretty common way for older Indian persons to travel when they have family in the US and UK.
Thanks alot!