ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application from abroad after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rj30337
Newly Registered

Passport application from abroad after naturalisation

Post by rj30337 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi forum,

Again thanks to the moderators and contributors for the wealth of info available here.

My question is: can my wife apply for her first British passport from her country, obviously after having had her application processed, attended ceremony etc.

We have been thrown a curveball in that she is pregnant... and she wants to know if it's an option for her to go back to her country to have the baby (language reasons, family and friends around her etc).

Does anybody know the answer?

Has anybody done this?

Many thanks in advance.

RJ

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Please google British passport from overseas.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Passport application from abroad after naturalisation

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:40 pm

rj30337 wrote:Hi forum,

Again thanks to the moderators and contributors for the wealth of info available here.

My question is: can my wife apply for her first British passport from her country, obviously after having had her application processed, attended ceremony etc.

We have been thrown a curveball in that she is pregnant... and she wants to know if it's an option for her to go back to her country to have the baby (language reasons, family and friends around her etc).

Does anybody know the answer?

Has anybody done this?

Many thanks in advance.

RJ
Sorry my question doesn't help OP, but wasn't the whole point of BC to make This country Her country?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

lifofifo

Re: Passport application from abroad after naturalisation

Post by lifofifo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 am

Check out https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports.
wpilr_nov12 wrote:Sorry my question doesn't help OP, but wasn't the whole point of BC to make This country Her country?
You're right, that's not even remotely helpful. Let's not get into the business of judging other people's choice without any details.

rj30337
Newly Registered

Post by rj30337 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks for the responses. Good to know that the option is there. If anyone reading has done this, I would like to hear about how the process went.

Yes, the idea is to live here long term, however with none of my own family left in the UK I think it's understandable to want to have a bit more support around for the birth of a first child, no?

Again, thanks all.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:36 am

It is perfectly reasonable to have a child abroad for cultural and/or family reasons.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jay09

Post by jay09 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:01 pm

[quote="rj30337"]Thanks for the responses. Good to know that the option is there. If anyone reading has done this, I would like to hear about how the process went.

Yes, the idea is to live here long term, however with none of my own family left in the UK I think it's understandable to want to have a bit more support around for the birth of a first child, no?

Again, thanks all.[/quote]

I'm also considering applying for British passport from abroad after naturalisation as I'm about moving overseas to start a contract job. However I will still maintain ties with UK as my family will still remain in UK.

I know first adult passport applicants must undergo an interview, so could this be held at UK embassy at the oversea country. Would be really helpful to hear from someone who has actually been through this route.