ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my daughter get admission in Indian School

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ziameraj16
Newly Registered

Can my daughter get admission in Indian School

Post by ziameraj16 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi,
My daughter was born in UK and has got British passport. Currently I have got British passport too but I have not applied for my wife. She is eligible though. I am not sure whether there is any benefit for her keeping her indian passport. I have few queries. If someone can help me in this i will be really grateful.

1) If my wife also gets a british passport can we send our daughter to Indian school if we go back to india?
2) If yes will we be consider as a NRI and will be changes 4/5 time more?
3) What are the pros/cons if neither of us has got indian pasport?

Please help me in this as I need to decide this ASAP.

Meraj

VR

Re: Can my daughter get admission in Indian School

Post by VR » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I hope you are not planning to send your wife to school in the place of your daughter!! :lol:
Since your daughter has British Passport, they will milk you 4 to 5 times more as a Foreigner.
I know people who have spent a fortune sending their kids to medical school in India (Manipal).
Its a racket.
cheers
vr

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:16 pm

This topic has been debated at length in the past , try a search to find the posts.
Obviously if you go from the UK to an Indian Medical school you would pay for foreigner status.
However most children who have British Passports and live in India do not pay more for general schooling.
pennyless

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Agree with pennylessindia here, I have myself got an admission for my daughter in an Indian school, when we go back, we will all be british. This does not matter for schooling, when you talk about higher education, fees and opportunity depends on the state you are living in. In Pune (Maharashtra), the quota is 5%, and the fees 5 times.

In another state, the situation may be different, so its very subjective.

The reason we are going for British Citizenship for all, is that its hard to say at this point how things will turn out 15 years from now (in my case), and though its possible to regain indian citizenship in 5 years time after our return, getting british citizenship would require us to come back and live here for 3 years, before being eligible.

We are just going for the more flexible alternative.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!