ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Akkylom
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Akkylom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:56 am

Good morning, I intend to travel out of the country this week, but my naturilisation application was received by home office since 19th of Nov.2013, this is confirmed thru. Post office tracking record. My question is that the money have not be taken since neither acknowledgement letter from them, but a friend mentioned that I have to be in the country during processing. I need your sincere advice about this b4 I travel whether is true or not.
Thanks.
Akkylom

Aif1178
Newly Registered

Post by Aif1178 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 am

Hi Akkylom,

When I applied at Newcastle NCS, I asked the lady who took my application the same question. She said that as long as I have some at home who can receive UKBA letters in case if they need more information then it should be OK and I can travel at any time.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ash

Christianoronaldo

Post by Christianoronaldo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 am

Applied 29/04/2013
Still waiting

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 am

Christianoronaldo wrote:Applied 29/04/2013
Still waiting
Christianoronaldo,
Is your application complex? That's almost 8months. I will suggest you contact your MP

jotter
Member of Standing

Latest approvals table

Post by jotter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Latest approvals table:

APPs = Applications that I have found in this forum thus far.
APPROVED = Percentage of these applications that posters have informed us have been approved (rounded to nearest full percent)

WEEK APPS (APPROVED)
Aug 26-Sept 1 = 19 (89%)
Sept 2-8 = 24 (83%)
Sept 9-15 = 19 (95%)
Sept 16-22 = 22 (100%)
Sept 23-29 = 23 (78%)

Sept 30-Oct 6 = 39 (85%)
Oct 7-13 = 60 (77%)
Oct 14-20 = 50 (66%)
Oct 21-27 = 90 (23%)

Oct 28-Nov 3 = 14 (7%)
Nov 4-10 = 11 (0%)
Nov 11-17 = 10 (0%)
Nov 18-24 = 14 (0%)

Being maintained here.

rbd06
Newly Registered

Post by rbd06 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years WP + 1 year ILR
Method of application: Royal Mail Special Delivary
Date of application: 16/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/10/2013 (Checked postal tracking)
Date of debit of fees: 13/11/13 - checked online statement
Date of acknowledgement :16/11/13 (Letter dated 13/11/13)
Date of approval: 27/12/13 ( Basically I applied for return of my documents on 18/12/13 but received docs with approval letter :lol: )
Date of Reciept of Documents : 27/12/2013
Date of Ceremony:TBA

rikken

Re: Latest approvals table

Post by rikken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:13 pm

jotter wrote:Being maintained here.
That's great and good to see how busy it has been. Can you add December in as well, it doesn't seem like there have been many applications in that month (says the person impatiently waiting on a December application...) :roll:

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi rikken,
To be honest there isn't much incentive for me to do December at the moment. Firstly, there isn't much of a story to tell on it yet and secondly I'm a mid-November applicant, so I've only been collecting the raw data up to the end of Nov. If I'm still waiting when December approvals start I might, otherwise, if a December applicant wants to take the baton ...

king36
Newly Registered

Post by king36 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Any body waiting since August-13 ?

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs(HSMP + Tier1) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of Application: 8/8/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/8/13
Date of Acknowledgement and letter mentioning that payment slip is missing: 20/8/13
( worker in NCS forgot to enclose the payment slip)
Re-Submitted payment Slip: 22/08/13
Date of debit of fees: 29/08/13
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I have contacted UKBA twice on phone and email , both times same standard response. "STILL UNDER PROCESSING"

1. Is anybody waiting since August?
2. Is anybody has experienced similar kind of issues( mistake by NCS)?
3. Any advices ?

Regards
King

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Method of application: NCS Lewisham
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/12/13
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

leoo
Newly Registered

Post by leoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Method of application: NCS Lewisham
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/12/13
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:

p2kin

Re: Latest approvals table

Post by p2kin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:30 am

rikken wrote: That's great and good to see how busy it has been. Can you add December in as well, it doesn't seem like there have been many applications in that month (says the person impatiently waiting on a December application...) :roll:
I guess people are waiting for fees to be taken before posting timeline. Although, comparatively less people in Nov have reported till now, expect more people reporting once new rule applicants start reporting payment taken.

For Dec, I'd wait at least until Feb, don't want to be discouraging, but realistically, there are still many applicants on/before 25th Oct, whole last week of Oct & full Nov applicants are to be loaded on the system. Event though they start processing right now, it will be at least a month before they come to Dec.

PatienceInc
Newly Registered

Post by PatienceInc » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Guys,
Following is my timeline,

Application type : AN Spouse of EEA(5+1.5years)
Method : NCS Lanark
Date : 15/oct/2013
Date receive by HO : 17/oct/2013
Date of fees : 12/nov/2013
date of acknowledgement : 16/nov/2013
Approval/query/rejection : waiting :(

I believe there are a few people in this forum with similar timeline, congrats to all those who have already got their approval.
For the rest of us, one thing the HO does really well is to teach and test our patience level.

roh
Newly Registered

Post by roh » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 pm

1.22 Oct 2013. Original  documents and passport recorded next day delivery mail. No NCS used.

2. 18 Nov 2013 Acknowledgement of receipt of application letter from UKBA received.

3. 18 December 2013: Letter confirming application was successful recived together with original documents and passport in self addressed recorded mail envelope which I sent
with application for secure return of original documents and passport.  

4. Letter inviting for citizenship ceremony anticipated in first week of 2014 as per confirmation letter that application was successful. 

Tips

Read rules and fill form carefully.Watch out for rule requiring applicant to be in country on equivalent day of application five years prior to date on which application is made.

Eg in my case the international travel records must have indicated that I was physically present in the UK on 22 Oct 2008 since my application reached UKBA on 22 Oct 2013.

Ensure dates travelled in and out of UK is correctly recorded on

application form.

Ensure dates living in different addresses correctly recorded.

Send as many original correspondence and notices from HMRC covering a long period as possible to show tax matters are in order.

Six months latest original bank current account statementsCorrespondence indicating credit cardsProof Council tax fully paid.

In addition to filling in the referees contact details make typed out statements of their references, and send it with the application. Make sure referees are eligible for the application. I used two trade union officials one of which was an ex colleague. 

Ref statemente must be short:Eg
I the undersigned hereby confirm that I know Roh Smith since 2008 in the following capacity:xxxxcx

I know him to be of good law abiding character and of good courteous disposition.
I confirm that I am not related to Roh, that I do not have any criminal record or unspent criminal convictions.

I further confirm that I do not know the other referree being used in this application. 
SignedDesignationAddress, email, telephone no.

SENDING GENUINE SIGNED WRITTEN STATEMENTS FROM REFEREES MAY HELP EXPEDITE APPLICATION AS OFFICER MAY NOT HAVE TO WASTE TIME CONTACTING EACH REFEREE.Send proof of ownership of property or copy of tenancy agreement.DO A COVERING LETTER DIRECTING OFFICER TO HOW EACH ASPECT OF THE RULES ARE MET, AND LIST THE SUPPORTING DOCS IN COVERING LETTER-OFFICER WILL APPRECIATE GUIDANCE -BUT BE GENUINE AND HONEST. COVERING LETTER MUST BE CLEAR AND PRECISE AND BE HELPFUL-NOT COMPLICATE AND CREATE DOUBT. 
GOOD LUCKrohNewly Registered Posts: 1Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 am

km25

Re:

Post by km25 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:23 pm

km25 wrote:Hi all,
Here's my time line for naturalisation application..
Date of application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I hope it gets processed soon..

will wait to hear from the previous applicants regarding their progress.
Hi all,
I've just seen a letter dated 19th December 2013 acknowledging receipt of application and fee receipt. However, my bank card doesnt show any pending transaction!! Anyway, it seems that there has been some progress...hopefully will see the sign of approval soon..

Best Wishes to everyone and a Very Happy 2014!!

roh
Newly Registered

Post by roh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 am

If the UKBA letter says fees paid in full -it means precisely that.

Give it a month for confirmation of successful application if there is no further queries. My experience is that it usaually takes a month from acknowledging receipt of application and granting it.
Last edited by roh on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

roh
Newly Registered

Post by roh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:20 am

p2kin-the backlog emanating from the change of English test requirement does not appear to delay full cycle from acknowledging receipt to granting application within 2 months.

I say this because I sent my application without use of NCS on
22 Oct 2013 and it was granted on 17 Dec 2013.

Having said that, I do appreciate there are many variables within UKBA that can come into play that could delay the process without there being an actual problem with the merits and quality of the application.

jonjr023

Post by jonjr023 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 am

Cousin D Timeline
Eligibility criteria: ( 5yrs + 1ILR )
Method of application: Postal
Date posted: 24/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/1013,
Date of debit of fees:31/12/2013 this is due to unable to debit A/C, so new back info sent back to them.
Update:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27/12/13 (Dated:20/12/13)
Date of receipt of approval: TBA
Date of Ceremony:TBA
Finally its started moving

And finally its here !!!!
Eligibility criteria: ( 3 yrs spouse of BC)
Method of application: Postal
Date posted: 08/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/1013,
Date of debit of fees:30/10/13, (Dated Cleared: 05/11/2013)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 01/11/13, Dated: 30/10/13
Date of receipt of approval: 12/12/13 (Dated 07/12/13)
Update
Date of Ceremony:15/01/2014

WOW am so happy, Thanks to the almighty God
he knows best !!!

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

Guys, this is interesting, please see the second post in this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2&t=154546

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:02 pm

TTOE wrote:Guys, this is interesting, please see the second post in this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 2&t=154546

I have just looked at the link, although taking so long to post it out to the applicant is teribly wrong, however, bare in mind that it was a MN1 registration... which is registration of a minor as a British Citizen, therefore these certificates are sent out by post rather than receiving it at a Citizenship Ceremony.

At first, i thought HO made a mistake of posting out a AN applicant's naturalisation certificate without attending a ceremony... that would have been a terrible shock.
God's divine child

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:18 pm

roh wrote:Send as many original correspondence and notices from HMRC covering a long period as possible to show tax matters are in order.

Six months latest original bank current account statementsCorrespondence indicating credit cardsProof Council tax fully paid.

In addition to filling in the referees contact details make typed out statements of their references, and send it with the application. Make sure referees are eligible for the application. I used two trade union officials one of which was an ex colleague. 

I the undersigned hereby confirm that I know Roh Smith since 2008 in the following capacity:xxxxcx

I know him to be of good law abiding character and of good courteous disposition.
I confirm that I am not related to Roh, that I do not have any criminal record or unspent criminal convictions.

I further confirm that I do not know the other referree being used in this application. 

SENDING GENUINE SIGNED WRITTEN STATEMENTS FROM REFEREES MAY HELP EXPEDITE APPLICATION AS OFFICER MAY NOT HAVE TO WASTE TIME CONTACTING EACH REFEREE.Send proof of ownership of property or copy of tenancy agreement.DO A COVERING LETTER DIRECTING OFFICER TO HOW EACH ASPECT OF THE RULES ARE MET, AND LIST THE SUPPORTING DOCS IN COVERING LETTER-OFFICER WILL APPRECIATE GUIDANCE -BUT BE GENUINE AND HONEST. COVERING LETTER MUST BE CLEAR AND PRECISE AND BE HELPFUL-NOT COMPLICATE AND CREATE DOUBT. 
This is a very bad advice. Please don't do this. UKBA doesn't care about this information. If they did, they'd ask for it. While submitting unnecessary documents is not going to expedite your application, it can quite possibly slow it down in the worst case.

amara4chi
Newly Registered

Post by amara4chi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Guy please your advise is need here!!!! i first came to UK to visit my wife in 06/2007, let after a month and came again in 11/2007. In 12/2007 me and my wife went to marry in budapest after the marriage, we both returned together in 09/2008 and ever since then both of us are living and working in UK.

I was recently granted my PR on the 30/10/2013. Please i will like to know when is the right time for me apply for nationalisation. Also had anyone applied successfuly without waiting for 12 months after PR. I heard there are disceration to disregard immigration time restriction. Please can someone explain to me about these disceration that involved proofing the link to UK through family and business.

Your responses are need to avoid mistake. thanks

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Replying to the above post via the separate topic created for it.

sam800

Post by sam800 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

roh wrote:1.22 Oct 2013. Original  documents and passport recorded next day delivery mail. No NCS used.

2. 18 Nov 2013 Acknowledgement of receipt of application letter from UKBA received.

3. 18 December 2013: Letter confirming application was successful recived together with original documents and passport in self addressed recorded mail envelope which I sent
with application for secure return of original documents and passport.  

4. Letter inviting for citizenship ceremony anticipated in first week of 2014 as per confirmation letter that application was successful. 

Tips

Read rules and fill form carefully.Watch out for rule requiring applicant to be in country on equivalent day of application five years prior to date on which application is made.

Eg in my case the international travel records must have indicated that I was physically present in the UK on 22 Oct 2008 since my application reached UKBA on 22 Oct 2013.

Ensure dates travelled in and out of UK is correctly recorded on

application form.

Ensure dates living in different addresses correctly recorded.

Send as many original correspondence and notices from HMRC covering a long period as possible to show tax matters are in order.

I only sent the documents that were mentioned in their guidelines pdf. That meant I did not have to send any of the below - bank stmts, credit card stmts, council tax stmts, seperate reference letters, proof of property ownership/tenancy doc, covering letter.

So I was a bit worried when roh mentioned about all additional docs, not because he sent it but because i wondered if UKBA really/consistently were looking for such documents without mentioning them in the guidelines doc ..

I will wait and see if they come back and request any additional docs and will update you folks.

For those of you who are interested, I have sent only the following (based off the "Supporting Documents" section on page 15 of the AN form) -
Section 1 - Original non-UK passport
Section 2 - Original Knowledge of Life in the UK test result document
Section 3 - see Section 1
Section 4 - passport showing permission to remain permanently in the UK
Others - AN form duly filled, 2 Photos, cheque for the fees

Best,
sam800

edenking
Newly Registered

Post by edenking » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi Sam 800,

In Others it's showing, you send 2 Photos - Is It Required 2 Photos, I was attached One Photo in the Application.
Please advice.