ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after you get MN1 for your kids?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

makkan00

What happens after you get MN1 for your kids?

Post by makkan00 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:50 am

Guys
Apologies for my ignorance. I have tried to look around but not sure about the response. I have applied for MN1 Section 1(3) for my two young kids (2.5 and 1 year old). I am trying the plan what is next.
Once I get MN1, what is next procedure to take passport? It is taking long to get MN1 processed and I am trying to calculate how long will it take to get the passport after MN1 certificate.

Thanks.

InUkOnHsmp

Re: What happens after you get MN1 for your kids?

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:16 am

First child passport, fast track in person application, takes 3-4 days for the passport to arrive, not sure about timelines for postal applications.

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I applied fast track for the passport. Minors, unlike adults, can use fast track service for their first passport and they do not need to be present at the appointment. You will have to however book an appointment and it can be weeks ahead in busy periods. If you havent got your childs certificate, dont book an appointment yet. If i am not wrong, the appointment date can not be changed. IT will have to be cancelled and a new appointment made depending on availability. I think there is nothing else you can do apart from getting your childs passport application filled out and referees sorted out. Make sure that the date they put on is not earlier then the date on the certificate. Maybe they could leave it blank and you can fill it later by yourself if you know the referees really well.

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Many thanks guys.
How do I book appointment for passport when I get the MN1 certificate?
Any link to application/ paper work?
Does it has to be at home office dedicated offices or any post office?

Also do I have to gain another two references for passport? I have already done it on MN1 application. So again :shock:

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Challenges make life worth it!

makkan00

Post by makkan00 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks.
So few questions to confirm
1- I ring the number on that website and book appointment for 'Fast track' first child passport?
2- On the application form section 9, do I have to sign it? It states that you fill in the name if you are filling for underage child but does not state about signing unless you are main applicant. Just a confirmation required that I am doing the right thing.

Thanks.